SC2 'Videocard is not accesible' Error

Started by Isos537, March 09, 2010, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isos537

EDIT: I've solved the problem. I've recently installed Windows 7 and my computer didn't recognize that I don't have an integrated graphics chip. I solved the problem by reinstalling my drivers and my computer saw my other card and SC2 ran fine.

Hello!

I've had some problems in trying to run SC2 Beta. I've updated to the latest version, applied the latest crack (and several others to see if they would work) and the same error keeps coming up:

'The videocard is not accessible because another 3D application has exclusive access or the machine was locked. Please close any other 3D applications or games and try running Starcraft 2 again.'

I've had no luck diagnosing the problem. I'm running 7 32-bit, any help would be great.

gg.sc2

What video card do you have?

Whenever there is an "access" or "machine locked" problem, it's usually due to not having user credentials. Are you on an admin account?

Isos537

I have a: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. I'm running the admin (and only) account on the computer. I've also tried running the SC2 exe and lazylaunch2 exe as an administrator with the same error.

cloak123

Quote from: Isos537 on March 09, 2010, 07:27:29 PM
I have a: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. I'm running the admin (and only) account on the computer. I've also tried running the SC2 exe and lazylaunch2 exe as an administrator with the same error.

Integrated graphic cards typically have little to no video memory, and are actually alot less powerful. I just dont think its compatable to run sc2.