Harder AI?

Started by ilikeyolk, March 10, 2010, 05:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilikeyolk

So I followed the steps in one of the pinned posts (http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/starcraft-2-guide-bypassing-maps-replays-ai/)
Everything finally worked, but when I was playing the AI, I realized how easy it was (ie: they only built like 6 units, didn't expand, never attacks me) so yeah it was really really easy. I was wondering how I could play with a harder AI. I downloaded the latest from the AI thread, but I don't know where to go from there. Someone help please?

Gamewiz

Download StarCrack AI v6.1.1. Not sure if you have one of the fancier launchers (not just lazy launcher). If so, follow their installation instructions to get the AI up and running. If you are using just lazy launcher 2.0, or Starlauncher, then place the file (sorry this is off memory, I'm at work) in Mods (in your main SC2 directory)> liberty.sc2 something or other (NOT the multi one...), and replace the one that is there. Recommend you make a backup of the original one though in case you want to default back to your original AI.

Sorry, haven't done it that way in awhile, and I'm at work so I don't remember the exact names. Recommend you download something like either Valkiries launcher, or Vernam's launcher.

ilikeyolk

right but the file is a .rar file, so idk what to do with that