Future of ai? and i have low fps help please?

Started by azzhair, March 07, 2010, 12:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Normally when you 'install' AI, you are replacing the original Base.SC2Data with the improved AI Base.SC2Data.
Whatever launcher you use, it reads your current "Base.SC2Data" file and uses that for AI. All good.

When you extract TriggerLibs, you place it in the main SC2 directory (the one with Starcraft II.exe).
Starcraft II take priority from folders like TriggerLibs over natural files like Base.SC2Data. This is also the same for World of Warcraft.

Take a look at my post before for how to extract the TriggerLibs folder from Base.SC2Data.

azzhair

Quote from: Nova on March 08, 2010, 10:33:06 PM
I didn't say this happened to everyone.

I ran AI v6 from Base.SC2Data and my fps suffered terribly after about 5 minutes. I extracted Base.SC2data to triggerlibs and my fps got much better.

Azzhair; Are you running the AI from Base.SC2data or from a triggerlibs folder?

Iam running it with lazy launcher 2 thru the C programfiles? So i guess base.sc2data and i have no idea, i reinstalled and it still lags, but  i get 42 fps on the log in//home screen. And my low fps starts at the beginning of the game.

StarDweller

Nova, I extracted the file to triggerlibs fine, however the SC2 launcher asks you to choose an AI and it only seems to read base.SC2 files. My question is if I'm supposed to run one of those still.

Nova

If you have a copy of the original Base.SC2Data (it's 709kb), use that. But like I said before, it shouldn't matter at all about Base.SC2Data, Starcraft II takes priority from TriggerLibs first before Base.SC2Data.

Is it possible to choose 'no mod' in the launcher you are using? I'm using Zoxc's, and that's possible.

Azzhair;
When did the fps problems start?
Did you have sandbox working fine?
Did you get problems when you tried a new AI?
Are there any problems on an unmodified fresh install?
40fps at menu is a bad sign. I get 150 fps in the menu, 45 fps looking at fog of war in game, and 30 fps looking at a base/action.
Perhaps it's a problem with your computer rather than starcraft 2. What graphic settings are you on? Lowest, recommended, ultra? Try lowest settings if you aren't already.

azzhair

Quote from: Nova on March 09, 2010, 07:11:50 PM
If you have a copy of the original Base.SC2Data (it's 709kb), use that. But like I said before, it shouldn't matter at all about Base.SC2Data, Starcraft II takes priority from TriggerLibs first before Base.SC2Data.

Is it possible to choose 'no mod' in the launcher you are using? I'm using Zoxc's, and that's possible.

Azzhair;
When did the fps problems start?
Did you have sandbox working fine?
Did you get problems when you tried a new AI?
Are there any problems on an unmodified fresh install?
40fps at menu is a bad sign. I get 150 fps in the menu, 45 fps looking at fog of war in game, and 30 fps looking at a base/action.
Perhaps it's a problem with your computer rather than starcraft 2. What graphic settings are you on? Lowest, recommended, ultra? Try lowest settings if you aren't already.

Problems first started friday the 5th of march or friday the 26th of feb, it was before 6.0 AI came out. I tried to play 5.5 that friday and it was way to laggy.
Yes sand box worked fine.
Ummm.  problems were here before 6.0 ai came out and since then i have tried many different AIs and all have slow fps.
There are no errors reported on a new install. BUT i wouldnt know if it works fine b\c i dont have beta key, thus why im using AI.
I use to run sc2 beta at 50-60fps on ultra, now i cant even get 10 on low.
I know the problem is not with my computer b\c i can run other games with out a hick up. Dawn of war 2, Red alert 3, CS:S.
I have tried:
New install of beta x3
New drivers x2
Many differnt AIs and maps.

Something new happened. when i tried to load the beta it crashed around 80%.

Thanks,
azzhair