Computer shuts off 6 mins in

Started by odunn, March 07, 2010, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odunn

I just downloaded everything today, followed the instructions and can load a game playing against the AI.  Everything goes well but 6 minutes into the match computer just shuts off...no errors, nothing just shuts right off.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I tried using the fps command line in variables also already because i have a 8800gt.

system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit. 4gig of ram.

dhanan

It sounds like it may be an overheating issue.  Also, Nvidia's 196.75 graphics drivers are faulty.  It disables the fan from kicking in when the video card heats up.  If you have those drivers installed, uninstall them! There is more information on their website.

[mrn]

Yeah, like previous dude said it's likely an overheating issue. What's your GPU? If it's Nvidia, check your drivers.

odunn

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  heat sink/fan on my processor CAKED full of dust........havent played a video game on the comp in so long its not even funny.  Took off the heat sink and fan blew off the dust and YES I CAN PLAY SC2!!!!!!! 

cloak123

Quote from: odunn on March 08, 2010, 07:14:43 PM
FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  heat sink/fan on my processor CAKED full of dust........havent played a video game on the comp in so long its not even funny.  Took off the heat sink and fan blew off the dust and YES I CAN PLAY SC2!!!!!!!

yea i Dust mine off weekly