Latest SC2 Beta Update

Started by Pecata, March 02, 2010, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pecata

I got another update for SC2. It installs it ok. Then when I use the lazylauncher the update isn't in effect. It's still the old SC2 version I had originally. Does anyone know how can we fix that? Should I reinstall it and then crack it again?
Thanks.

Rain[sun]

Previously all we had to do was copy the files Lazylauncher reads from into the old folder, so if that holds true for this update then all you need to do is open up your Starcraft II Beta > Versions folder, find the highest Base**** file, and copy it into the one below it.

Again, that's how it was done with the original, can't test it since im not on my desktop
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

apriores

Pecata

Quote from: apriores on March 02, 2010, 09:46:27 PM
You're using 2.0 version of lazylauncher? http://teknogods.com/
I am not. Mcafee recognizes it as virus. I am using the first one-is that why it's not recognizing the updates? I tried moving the files as earlier mentioned-i didn't work.

Rain[sun]

Many AVs recognize it as a virus; from my understanding its because of the nature of the program, as it injects code which is generally frowned upon. If you still don't want to upgrade, then place the files like I said earlier but this time in the folder previous.

LazyLauncher v1 reads from 2 folders back of the current update, whatever files are in that folder are the ones it loads

v2 reads from the most recent if I remember right
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Switcha

Quote from: Pecata on March 03, 2010, 12:50:57 AM
I am not. Mcafee recognizes it as virus. I am using the first one-is that why it's not recognizing the updates? I tried moving the files as earlier mentioned-i didn't work.

It's a false positive, no worries.

Pecata

Quote from: sc2_switcher on March 03, 2010, 02:22:21 AM
I did try that and the update wasn't present. I know because the Corruptor has +8 damage to Massive not +10. I don't know why it isn't working. I did copy and replace the files from the most recent folder to the very first one. Any other ideas?
Thanks again!

It's a false positive, no worries.

kblood

I have the same problem, and Mcafee is a hard program to kill. It always comes back after a certain amount of time. I have to hide the version 2 crack in a renamed zip file so it does not autoscan it, and that is even after I have disabled everything that can be disabled in Mcafee. After that I shut down all the active Mcafee programs in memory, and then it might stop deleting the file for a while. It just might return to memory straight away though. I am not sure why it is still scanning files with everything disabled though. And it is only the firewall that can exclude files in Mcafee, and the firewall does not seem to be the problem.

Gamewiz

I have a solution: People need to stop getting McAfee, because it's a sucky anti-virus program. ;)

kblood

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
I have a solution: People need to stop getting McAfee, because it's a sucky anti-virus program. ;)
I know, but it came with my knew computer, so basicly its free, and I have to use it since it is free. Also it seems like a tough nut to kill  :'(

But I am considering it. I know AVG really screws up the cracks for this game, but then I never really liked AVG. Always too silent when it should not be and seems to be too noise when it should not be. I guess I will just have to get Avast on this computer as well? Anyone had any probs with Avast? Its my favorite AV, because in my experience its only annoying when it has to be, and when you ask it not to bother you for a while, it does not.
AVG, Mcafee and probably Norton, they certainly are in the category of more paranoid apps, that do not trust their users to know when it is safe to disable the AV. And I do not like AVs without that option. What annoys me even more about Mcafee is when you try to force it to shut up and shut down, then it still comes popping up deleting your files within a few secs sometimes.
Atm. it did return again. Seriously, its time to open a can of woopass on it. Avast is also a free AV anyway. Other good AVs I would recommend is Trend Micro and Kaspersky. Well at least I think that Kaspersky has an option to ignore some files.

Gamewiz

Quote from: kblood on March 03, 2010, 03:28:28 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 03, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
I know, but it came with my knew computer, so basicly its free, and I have to use it since it is free. Also it seems like a tough nut to kill  :'(

But I am considering it. I know AVG really screws up the cracks for this game, but then I never really liked AVG. Always too silent when it should not be and seems to be too noise when it should not be. I guess I will just have to get Avast on this computer as well? Anyone had any probs with Avast? Its my favorite AV, because in my experience its only annoying when it has to be, and when you ask it not to bother you for a while, it does not.
AVG, Mcafee and probably Norton, they certainly are in the category of more paranoid apps, that do not trust their users to know when it is safe to disable the AV. And I do not like AVs without that option. What annoys me even more about Mcafee is when you try to force it to shut up and shut down, then it still comes popping up deleting your files within a few secs sometimes.
Atm. it did return again. Seriously, its time to open a can of woopass on it. Avast is also a free AV anyway. Other good AVs I would recommend is Trend Micro and Kaspersky. Well at least I think that Kaspersky has an option to ignore some files.

I'd recommend Kaspersky or ESET Nod32. If you know what you are doing, go with ESET, as it's a little better (in my opinion), but less user friendly in it's UI.

apriores

Kaspersky Internet Security 7  and ESET Smart Security are my friends, too. Best AVs with interactive firewall. I don't like silent firewalls at all (like KIS 8+). Now I'm using ESET because windows is running a little better than is running with KIS7 and I love advanced options for firewall right into pop-up window.
By the way, ESET is not recognize LazyLauncher like a threat.  :)