StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodongbadong

wow.. this is really the best ai i have played.. of course i mean the cheating ai.. so hard very challenging..

i wonder what surprises will have in 6.2
i cant w8  ;D
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

protosss

Quote from: AcidraiN on March 10, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 10, 2010, 06:25:18 PM
Quote from: AcidraiN on March 10, 2010, 06:16:50 PM
for those of you that think AI is too easy... i know why.. you are using the wrong program to run it.. get the sc2allin1 launcher rather than the other launcher programs.. this can be found here http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-2-beta-best-allin1-crack-(offline-mode)/  get this instead of any other u use

That has *nothing* to do with how the AI runs. They are launchers, nothing more. They do not alter the AI in any way, shape, or form.

well it does if you haven't changed the folders and such in the other launchers.. downloading this has the setup so you can select the difficulty of the opponent... so yeah it helped fix my problem

I hardly think that the launcher has anything to do with the AI used as well.

Unless the launcher you are recommending uses a different AI than starcrack and behaves differently.

I used different launchers as well but the one i mentioned in my post was the only that allowed me to play 50k maps. The others just gave me victory after the game loads.

I will try the cheating version and post my feedback after i have my conclusions about it.

SmithReplica

Turd

I played a game on Shakuras Plateau Vs one AI using StarCrack launcher 40.4. The AI was Protoss.
Halfway tru the match i noticed a HUGE performance loss. My fps went down from the usual 45-60 to 15-20.
This situation continued for about 10 minutes until i destroyed a void ray Warp Prism that was flying near the center of the map, then *poof* performance was back to sweet and perfect. The rest of the match continued without issues. After it finished, i checked back the replay and found that the lag started EXACTLY when the mentioned void ray Warp Prism loaded some probes and started to "try" to put them on the north center expansion point. It seemed to "fail" to do so and started flying around aimlessly after.

My guess is that the slowness was caused by the AI trying to do something with this void ray, not sure what.

If you want the replay file let me know and i can send it to you.

[/color]EDIT: I meant Warp Prism, not Void Ray

kurupted

I noticed exactly the same a few days ago.

When I scanned his base and seen a void ray, I experienced a massive FPS drop for quite a while. No idea what was the cause of it though.

Ohrmazd

Hello everyone,
Been using this AI since it first came out (I was truly shocked and overjoyed that I'd have a bit of access to SCII before release) and I cannot thank you guys enough.

I have two suitemates who also play, using these AI, so my feedback is generally based on all 3 of us.

It seems Protoss is MUCH more powerful than the other AI, perhaps as a result of benefiting more from high APM.

AI doesn't seem to ever build defense at expansions (even ones most likely to come under attack) and also doesn't seem to counter attack after beating off an attack of yours. Most importantly, if the AI has a large force attacking your base, I am often able to trick it into returning the whole army to its base by attacking with a few measly units. And finally, AI seems to commit itself to battles at your defense a bit too easily-- if I set up a bunch of cannons at a choke and keep my forces there, I feel like the AI is only counting my units when deciding whether or not the fight is worth it-- and gets itself wiped out without hurting many units.

Overall, though, 6.1.1 is a joy-- surprisingly fun to play against. I love you guys <3

nuno

Jarpoir

Quote from: AcidraiN on March 10, 2010, 06:30:51 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on March 10, 2010, 06:25:18 PM
Quote from: AcidraiN on March 10, 2010, 06:16:50 PM
for those of you that think AI is too easy... i know why.. you are using the wrong program to run it.. get the sc2allin1 launcher rather than the other launcher programs.. this can be found here http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-2-beta-best-allin1-crack-(offline-mode)/  get this instead of any other u use

That has *nothing* to do with how the AI runs. They are launchers, nothing more. They do not alter the AI in any way, shape, or form.

well it does if you haven't changed the folders and such in the other launchers.. downloading this has the setup so you can select the difficulty of the opponent... so yeah it helped fix my problem

Truth.  I found that with one of the launchers, disregarding what the gui said, had to copy the Base.SC2Data and replace the on in the Liberty(?) folder. (of course backing up the original beforehand).

As far as comments and critiques go on the v6.1.1, I agree with everything this man has said:
Quote from: Ohrmazd on March 11, 2010, 10:58:46 AM
[...]
It seems Protoss is MUCH more powerful than the other AI, perhaps as a result of benefiting more from high APM.

AIdoesn't seem to ever build defense at expansions (even ones most likelyto come under attack) and also doesn't seem to counter attack afterbeating off an attack of yours. Most importantly, if the AI has a largeforce attacking your base, I am often able to trick it into returningthe whole army to its base by attacking with a few measly units. Andfinally, AI seems to commit itself to battles at your defense a bit tooeasily-- if I set up a bunch of cannons at a choke and keep my forcesthere, I feel like the AI is only counting my units when decidingwhether or not the fight is worth it-- and gets itself wiped outwithout hurting many units.

Overall, though, 6.1.1 is a joy-- surprisingly fun to play against. I love you guys <3

Also I was wondering if another cheat AI version could be added, in which the AI doesn't see all of the map, but still yields a much higher mineral bonus?

programm

just so u know...

ai 6.1.1 standard was able to kill my base at some point but i rebuilt  base at place with rock. ai isnt trained to kill rocks. thus u can rebuild all u want.  ai tries to unload units but u can kill him easily like overloards loading ultralisk. also ai  makes 3 expands and then it stops expanding more, so it doesnt gather. still silly slthough lots of good moves lik unloading units in ur base

godspiral

Quote from: Jarpoir on March 11, 2010, 02:05:49 PM

as wondering if another cheat AI version could be added, in which the AI doesn't see all of the map, but still yields a much higher mineral bonus?

using this modifiction by darkzero, you can customize the cheating easily.

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/ai-standar-(proposal)/

Tresh

Just a quick question here, is it possible to watch replays with a custom AI? (Well, this AI)

I am able to watch for a couple mins, maybe secs, but then i get "replay desync". Tried using the original AI to watch the replay failed worse. Same result, just faster.

In an unrelated question, how many AIs are you able to win against?

Alcapone

Turdburglar, i just want to congratulate you on a HUGE success with your AI for SC2. I don't doubt that when Starcraft 2 is actually released, those of us who get used to beating your AI cheating version will be disappointed in the difficulty of the gameplay in the campaign.  8)

Myke

Now, I haven't played the 6.1.1 ai yet, but playing the 6.0 ai and I was wondering if the 6.1.1 ai fixed the issue of the AI being scared of Spine Crawlers.

starcrafter64

6.1.1, one of my strategies if i'm zerg is to defend the initial rush with Spine crawlers lings and a queen, then immediately tech to mutas. They definitely aren't afraid of spine crawlers.

Myke

Astazha

@Trush I find that as long as I watch the replay before making further edits to an AI that it works fine.  I don't know if it takes a hash of the AI it was run with or what.

@Turdburgler & the rest of the Starcrack team:  I have a specific improvement I would like to make, and I'm not sure how best to go about contributing it.  It's fairly simple, so maybe it's best to just describe it since I don't know where you are in the development of the next version.

When the AI changes stages to Mid or Late, it issues an AIClearStock() command before queuing up what will be built at the new stage.  This is fine as long as it doesn't lose tech capability.  If you bomb a Late stage AI into the stone age and then allow it to recover it won't because all of the units that are in stock to be built can't be built anymore, and it doesn't know how to tech up to them.

Simply adding an AISetStock() requesting 1 of each building type required in the tech tree should resolve the problem.  It shouldn't build anymore of them unless it loses them all at some point, and if it loses required tech it should recover.

It isn't a perfect solution but it will solve the problem, and the side effects are much better than having the AI do nothing if it's tech tree gets chopped down.

If you want me to code and test this for the current version I will.  Otherwise I don't want to duplicate work or develop code for builds that you're throwing away in the next version or something.

(Edit: I'm wrong.)

I've also modified your supply management so that it doesn't get bottlenecked on fast growth builds by only making 1 more supply unit at a time.  It makes the decision by looking at how many minerals are lying around, with the assumption being that we're probably repeatedly hitting the supply cap if minerals are building up.  1 supply is built by default, 2 if 500 minerals are lying around, 3 if 1000 or more.  Not perfect but simple and an improvement.

I have a build that pumps zerglings from 3 hatcheries with 3 queens and it does a good job of maintaining overlord balance all the way up to supply cap.  Haven't done any testing with the other races.

Edit: Moved the code to a separate post because the width was breaking my text.  See next page.