SC2 Matrix Defence

Started by madrussian190, March 01, 2010, 11:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madrussian190

i'm pretty sure all of you know this UMS map better then me...

any1 think that this will be done in this beta ?

cyricc

Quote from: madrussian190 on March 01, 2010, 11:38:10 PM
i'm pretty sure all of you know this UMS map better then me...

any1 think that this will be done in this beta ?

Not during beta man, we need the Editor first.

ups

I dont understand you guys. This is best PVP game in the world and you are thinking of UMS?

I am already bored playing with the AI. I respect the work of the developers in making a better and better AI but in my opinion this game is ment for PVP, 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2.

SC2 missions and AI playing is like that CounterStrike single player thing that it was a few years ago. Dam it ... it felt so unnatural to do those missions. Some games are design simply for PVP. And this one, SC2, is what is made for.

dodongbadong

Quote from: ups on March 02, 2010, 12:52:11 AM
I dont understand you guys. This is best PVP game in the world and you are thinking of UMS?

I am already bored playing with the AI. I respect the work of the developers in making a better and better AI but in my opinion this game is ment for PVP, 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2.

SC2 missions and AI playing is like that CounterStrike single player thing that it was a few years ago. Dam it ... it felt so unnatural to do those missions. Some games are design simply for PVP. And this one, SC2, is what is made for.

yah i agree i played almost 100 games already for past few days and since v3 of ai i got satisfied with ai already.. i almost vomit siting all day and play with ai really boring even the latest versions man you just need to survive his 1st wave of units and then counter a little bit and poof you can easily nail them just dont forget to expand.
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

Thane

Might I suggest playing some other game if SCII against the AI is that boring?

Gamewiz

Quote from: ups on March 02, 2010, 12:52:11 AM

That is purely opinion, not fact, so do not state it like what you say must be law. If single player campaign was not one of the primary purposes of StarCraft 2, then they wouldn't be releasing this game in three seperate installments... So clearly you are wrong.

Both the single-player aspect and multiplayer aspect are vital to what makes StarCraft 2. Saying one is better than the other only shows ignorance in thinking what your preference is everyone else shares.

People in this world need to learn their opinion isn't fact. They are entitled to their opinion, but treat it like it should be.

starcrafter64

UMS maps are a significant portion of the online community. Face it, not everyone is good at RTS games, enough to compete on a high enough level to make it fun.

PVP is a massive part of the semi pro community, and of course the esports and pro community. This is what I enjoy online the most. UMS is not my thing.

People need to respect the Single player. The campaigns from SC and BW were epic. I've played those over and over, about once a year for the past 10 years. The story line grabbed me, even enough to make me read BOOKS based on the game. I FREAKIN HATE BOOKS. The missions in SC2 are going to be epic. 29ish missions per race. Units not usable in multiplayer.... yes please.

Rhett

99% of my games in SC1 were UMS. Plus, Blizzard knows RPGs and other fantastic game types will be made into maps (along with standard SC PVP). The Galaxy editor will allow people to make what they want, with even less limitations.

UMS is pretty much the main reason I've played SC for so many years.

In terms of AI, you don't know how little these guys have to work with to make what we have today. Blizzard only left in the bare minimum (Very Easy), out of 5 difficulties, which is what all of the people working on AI, have to work with.

If the map editor is released during beta (Blizzard wants to, but anything can happen) I imagine we'll see some crude maps, including defense.

Rain[sun]

Credit where credit is due, UMS got me into iCCup for BW. After playing like, 4000+ games of Phantom Hunters over the years, you surprisingly get realllllly good at macro(as phantom) and micro/rushing/turtling as Slayers. If theres no Phantom the day Galaxy Editor is released, imma be surprised

Besides, WC3 melee suffered from over complicating things, it wasn't noob friendly at all and more people than not avoided it all together in favor of UMS be it AoS-maps or defence or what have you. SC on the otherhand was extremely noob friendly, and as far as i can tell, SC2 is just as noob friendly. Sure if you suck you'll lose but, theres way less to focus on so I think people will stay entertained
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Crixomix

As far as I'm concered there are three SEPARATE aspects of Starcraft 2. Four/five if you split them further.

Single player: This includes campaigns and skirmishes. The campaign of starcraft is awesome, story telling is great, and I am super excited for the campaign in starcraft 2. It also looks like they have some mechanic that is outside of each level, like you upgrade your forces in general throughout the campaign. So that's really sweet.

Multi player: This includes online skirmishes and matchups (not UMS). This is also very exciting for me, as I hated WC3 regular games, I just never got into them. an army of 20 units felt lame... In any case, starcraft 2 is a balanced game and it feels like your skill really matters when it comes to this game. This is also extremely fun to do with friends, nothing is quite like a 2v2 where you get owned and then make a magical comeback and then talk about it friday night and it feels great.

Galaxy map editor/UMS: This is my favorite part. Nothing quite spells "time waster" like the infinitely huge collection of user created content. Warcraft 3 is STILL one of my favorite games, not because the game blizzard created was fun, but because the map editor is so advanced that anyone can created their own game. Their own rules, their own units, their own anything. Games like DotA and Tower Defences have consumed COUNTLESS hours of my life.
Supposedly the starcraft 2 map editor is EVEN MORE LIMITLESS than the WC3 one. And that one was pretty darn limitless. So I can't even come close to expressing my excitement at this one. I will spend SO MANY HOURS playing the fun games that people come up with. I will also probably spend many hours trying to make my own map. Then there's always CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS! WHen people do good jobs with those, it's very entertaining. All in all, this game has EVERYTHING going for it. Not like Call of duty 6 or whatever where they just make a quick campaign and then focus on the multiplayer so they make tons of money and so does xbox live. Starcraft 2 has a very rounded single/multi/custom aspect and WILL be my favorite game for years and years to come.

Darius

well what can i say, UMS is pretty fun to play but also PvP, i play both of them sometimes more UMS, sometimes more PvP the only thing that i see here that set's them apart is that one is made to be perhaps longer, and with more dynamics, in the same time as pvp is to show skills and knowledge of the game, one thing i must say the UMS maps are massive some times, like evolves o stuff like that, so maybe it will be hard to recreat that map with sc2 due to graphic problems, cuz even in the original map, if u get a lot of units the map gets laggy, now imagine that same amount of units on starcraft 2 lol it will be like 1/2 fps lol, anyway i would love to see a map like Desert Strike, Evo choice, something like i think it would be really nice to see them in action with the sc2 settings

Edit: oh and like someone said first, on beta ums its not something in the near future, perhaps with full release and some good map editors lol

chetjan

I don't think it will be done in beta.

Tech[Mech]