Some Game Changes Pre-Beta to Now

Started by Kazarus, March 05, 2010, 04:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazarus

Quote from: Theta][Sigma on March 05, 2010, 08:08:33 PM
And before they were known as Nighthawks, Ravens were a dry-dockish looking vessel called the Nomad.

The Starport used to be able to be upgraded into a Starbase, which was a permanently flying building which could construct units while moving.  Mobile Starport basically.

Battlecruisers were also going to be able to have more than just the Plasma Torpedo and Yamato Cannon as their skill - they would have been able to use an ability called Missile Barrage (Air-to-Air version of Plasma Torpedo), and the Defense Matrix from the old Science Vessel (but it was self-cast only, meaning only the BC with the skill would be able to use it).

There's a good deal of scrapped units that you can find with a fair bit of googling.  Some of them kinda stupid (Soul Reaver) and some of them pretty neat (Star Relic)

Thank you, I added this to the main post.

madrussian190

i dont know if u noticed this before, i know i just did...

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

look under patch 1, protoss, mothership... they removed the 2 skills in the first patch :(

Rain[sun]

I actually think thats a good thing.

In my opinion, starcraft was NEVER based off of uber units, nor should SCII be. I like the fact that it takes skill rather than just using 1 unit to wipe an army.

Just my thoughts
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage