Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

thedarkdream

I'd say the gameplay looks great, but from the first moment I saw the graphics I hated them. I really really dislike those cartoonish graphics, they don't fit into the dark SF atmosphere SC1 used to create at all.

Artanis186

Quote from: thedarkdream on March 02, 2010, 06:10:58 AM
I'd say the gameplay looks great, but from the first moment I saw the graphics I hated them. I really really dislike those cartoonish graphics, they don't fit into the dark SF atmosphere SC1 used to create at all.

What quality are they playing at? If it's low quality, that'll happen. But StarCraft 2 looks amazing in Ultra quality.

WildFire

Quote from: cyricc on March 01, 2010, 10:54:50 PM
Quote from: WildFire on March 01, 2010, 09:10:45 PM
Third... come on what the helll!!!! where did kerrigans voice acter go... lets fix it.

WE REQUIRE MOAR MIINEERAAAALALALALLSSSSSS! So damn annoying.

I have to agree with some people that the units are really lacking. I would have loved to see WAY more units and buildings. Also, am I the only one that thinks 5 mins and 4 gas per run is ridiculously low?!? Maybe onces someone gets the Big Game Hunters map up and running this will change.

On the other hand though, the units that ARE in the game are amazingly thought out, each one has a definite purpose now and is good for a particular offensive or defensive strategy. I also love the new engine, I know, I know, shiny graphics aren't a deal maker but cmon! It's freaking Starcraft and its beautiful! The engine also accounts for unit movement and placement, you dont have to move stray/idle units out of the way now, they move for you, they also group together and move through each other so that its easier to mass! Not to mention how useful the new hotkey system is, I'm not sure what you mean WildFire when you say it was uncalled for! Are you kidding? 100 units bound to 1 , all the special units in that pack bound to 2? YES PLZ!

I've also been thinking, this is supposed to be a trilogy, so doesn't that mean 2 expansions? Or from what I remember hearing, Blizzard said it would be 3 separate games... I swear, if they start adding units and buildings into the next games I'm gonna slap a blizzard.

I mean the building hotkeys... e for probe?!?!? when i think of probe i hit p not e same for pylon. a for marine?!?! i mean come on...

LoneWolf

It's much better now, because "e" is a lot closer to all the other hotkeys than "p". And you'll have to get used to it, because on official ladders and tournaments, custom hotkeys are not allowed.

molamola

Quote from: thedarkdream on March 02, 2010, 06:10:58 AM

Agreed. And visual effects of Zerg units and structures really set me off. They look kinda cute to me actually (say new ultralisk, spine crawler...). That does not fit in their weird, aggressive role.

Gamewiz

Quote from: WildFire on March 02, 2010, 11:03:57 AM
I mean the building hotkeys... e for probe?!?!? when i think of probe i hit p not e same for pylon. a for marine?!?! i mean come on...

The reason they did that is because now all the hotkeys are on the left side of the keyboard, making them easier in reach. Blizzard said they did this on purpose. They don't necessarily make sense, but once you learn them they'll be far easier to use than the way it was in SC1.

greymanic

Disappointment will vary by age group and depend on how much they played previous blizzard RTS games.  If you enjoyed the previous 3 then after the initial orgasm is over, due to the simple fact that a new blizz game is out, you WILL be disappointed, unless your long-term conscious and unconscious memory is shot. 

No other blizzard sequel has been this shallow and lacking in innovation not to mention what they're taking OUT of this one: same 3 races, no innovations (think of differences b/w war2 and war3), split into 3 parts!, no LAN, a basic patching in of blizz quality sound and graphics but nothing really impressive.  As a sequel it's 90 percent "new bnet" (wooptie do!) and continued story. 

So if you aren't familiar with the old blizzard games then have fun.  This is a great repackaging of those wonderful games.  The rest of us have been left out in the cold since wow but I don't think blizzard cares.  The real blizzard is gone and they've turned into a bunch of milkmaids, milking the new generation of gamers who are ignorant of what they missed in years past. 

It could be the first blizz game I don't buy.  Bnet will be a bunch of zerg rushing, exploiting, ridalin-riddled kids with too much spare time, who only care about stats (think the tragedy that is arenas).  If there's a campaign / LAN crack I'll probably at least download.

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 12:25:24 PM
Disappointment will vary by age group and depend on how much they played previous blizzard RTS games.  If you enjoyed the previous 3 then after the initial orgasm is over, due to the simple fact that a new blizz game is out, you WILL be disappointed, unless your long-term conscious and unconscious memory is shot. 

I'm sorry, but don't speak for the community of Blizzard fans as a whole, because you are wrong. And I find it insulting that you think I'm not allowed to enjoy this game, even though I have played every game of Blizzards since the first WarCraft.

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 12:25:24 PMNo other blizzard sequel has been this shallow and lacking in innovation not to mention what they're taking OUT of this one: same 3 races, no innovations (think of differences b/w war2 and war3), split into 3 parts!, no LAN, a basic patching in of blizz quality sound and graphics but nothing really impressive.  As a sequel it's 90 percent "new bnet" (wooptie do!) and continued story.

You are basing your assumption of "lacking in innovation" because of the beta? That's jumping the gun just a little. Their singleplayer campaign, from what they have said, will be very innovating from previous blizzard games. It will be very dynamic depending on how the player goes through the campaign. I for one can't wait to continue to the story and shape it's destiny.

The split into 3 parts bit I really have no comment. Some people think Blizzard is just being greedy, while Blizzard says it's because they want to be able to put alot of effort into each campaign. It's not a game-breaker for me, so I'm still buying all three.

There is no LAN for a very obvious reason. If you have to be online at all times, connected to battle.net, even in order to play singleplayer, then there is NO reason to have LAN. Just log into multiplayer, setup a private match w/ password, and have your friends join in. Aside from a few minority (as one person on here explained to me), who have lan parties without a internet hookup, the rest of the people wanting LAN just want it because they are planning on pirating the game. That's it. And I'm all for the constant connection to bnet. It cuts down on piracy, which is killing the PC gaming community.

Sound and graphics is all based on opinion. I think it looks and sounds great. It's different enough to stand out on it's own, yet has those familiar sounds (yet updated) and music that help it relate to SC1, which I find refreshing.

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 12:25:24 PMSo if you aren't familiar with the old blizzard games then have fun.  This is a great repackaging of those wonderful games.  The rest of us have been left out in the cold since wow but I don't think blizzard cares.  The real blizzard is gone and they've turned into a bunch of milkmaids, milking the new generation of gamers who are ignorant of what they missed in years past. 

It could be the first blizz game I don't buy.  Bnet will be a bunch of zerg rushing, exploiting, ridalin-riddled kids who only care about stats (think the tragedy that is arenas).  If there's a campaign / LAN crack I'll probably at least download.

Thank you for proving my point. Piraters like you I despise. It's people like you who are going to be the downfall of the PC gaming community because of your own selfish desires.

War_Machine

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 12:39:21 PM

I'm sorry, but don't speak for the community of Blizzard fans as a whole, because you are wrong. And I find it insulting that you think I'm not allowed to enjoy this game, even though I have played every game of Blizzards since the first WarCraft.

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 12:25:24 PMNo other blizzard sequel has been this shallow and lacking in innovation not to mention what they're taking OUT of this one: same 3 races, no innovations (think of differences b/w war2 and war3), split into 3 parts!, no LAN, a basic patching in of blizz quality sound and graphics but nothing really impressive.  As a sequel it's 90 percent "new bnet" (wooptie do!) and continued story.

You are basing your assumption of "lacking in innovation" because of the beta? That's jumping the gun just a little. Their singleplayer campaign, from what they have said, will be very innovating from previous blizzard games. It will be very dynamic depending on how the player goes through the campaign. I for one can't wait to continue to the story and shape it's destiny.

The split into 3 parts bit I really have no comment. Some people think Blizzard is just being greedy, while Blizzard says it's because they want to be able to put alot of effort into each campaign. It's not a game-breaker for me, so I'm still buying all three.

There is no LAN for a very obvious reason. If you have to be online at all times, connected to battle.net, even in order to play singleplayer, then there is NO reason to have LAN. Just log into multiplayer, setup a private match w/ password, and have your friends join in. Aside from a few minority (as one person on here explained to me), who have lan parties without a internet hookup, the rest of the people wanting LAN just want it because they are planning on pirating the game. That's it. And I'm all for the constant connection to bnet. It cuts down on piracy, which is killing the PC gaming community.

Sound and graphics is all based on opinion. I think it looks and sounds great. It's different enough to stand out on it's own, yet has those familiar sounds (yet updated) and music that help it relate to SC1, which I find refreshing.

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 12:25:24 PMSo if you aren't familiar with the old blizzard games then have fun.  This is a great repackaging of those wonderful games.  The rest of us have been left out in the cold since wow but I don't think blizzard cares.  The real blizzard is gone and they've turned into a bunch of milkmaids, milking the new generation of gamers who are ignorant of what they missed in years past. 

It could be the first blizz game I don't buy.  Bnet will be a bunch of zerg rushing, exploiting, ridalin-riddled kids who only care about stats (think the tragedy that is arenas).  If there's a campaign / LAN crack I'll probably at least download.

Thank you for proving my point. Piraters like you I despise. It's people like you who are going to be the downfall of the PC gaming community because of your own selfish desires.

This post gets about a million thumbs up from me

molamola

No other blizzard sequel has been this shallow and lacking in innovation not to mention what they're taking OUT of this one: same 3 races, no innovations (think of differences b/w war2 and war3), split into 3 parts!, no LAN, a basic patching in of blizz quality sound and graphics but nothing really impressive.  As a sequel it's 90 percent "new bnet" (wooptie do!) and continued story. 

Good point I'd say. Me too got kinda bored after having tried all 3 races. Nevertheless I will wait and see the plot as they said earlier some of their overpowered innovations and the Xel'Naga will only show up in campaigns, though this does not change the fact that signs of creative thoughts are scarce in SC2, by now.

Thought they would come with a brand-new, refreshing creation after a hell long 10 years of wait. Or maybe I'm just getting old and should not be expecting too much.

Dizmaul

Im sorry but any1 who is dissapointed by this game could not of been a fan of sc1. I don't care what you say if you loved sc1 you have to love sc2 its just amazing. Ive never heard of people complain about why they didn't make more changes to the greatest RTS ever made. You make it sound like sc1 was some game you played once when you where little and this 1 looks to much like it. Do you not realize sc1 is still being played today (obviously your not one of the people who play), and going from sc1 to sc2 its like night and day. Also for all the bitching i hear about the campaign and how "OMG 3 games to buy how could they hustle us?!?". I played the terran single player at blizzcon. This is not I REPEAT NOT JUST DOING MISSIONS like in sc1. Its a full on redic game in itself and if you dont enjoy the first one DON'T BUY THE SECOND 2.

Bottom line SC2 is amazing in every single aspect thus far. DON'T LISTEN TO THE TROLLS THEY JUST HATE LIFE...

greymanic

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 02, 2010, 12:39:21 PM

Oh settle down.  My opinion is just my opinion but yeah, I don't see how any veteran fan can fail to see the shallowness of this game--I never said you shouldn't enjoy it did I?  People always read into shit even when the english is clear as day.  You even mention the single-player game as being innovative which I'd already said. lol.  If anything my comments are just out of place because people are still googly-eyed over it but reality will strike eventually. 

Just move on if you can't handle it and by all means, enjoy away... "Enjoying" for me used to mean years of enjoyment.  This might last me the length of the single-player campaign.   

I forgot to mention that it's been 10 years.  Waiting 10 years for a sequel like this?  It can only be explained away by the dominance of wow which has lasted way too long. Blizzard has gone down a notch.  OK?  And spare me your righteous indignation which is pretty lame considering you hang out here as much as anyone looking to leech the latest crack.

greymanic

Quote from: Dizmaul on March 02, 2010, 01:14:13 PM
Im sorry but any1 who is dissapointed by this game could not of been a fan of sc1. I don't care what you say if you loved sc1 you have to love sc2 its just amazing. Ive never heard of people complain about why they didn't make more changes to the greatest RTS ever made. You make it sound like sc1 was some game you played once when you where little and this 1 looks to much like it. Do you not realize sc1 is still being played today (obviously your not one of the people who play), and going from sc1 to sc2 its like night and day. Also for all the bitching i hear about the campaign and how "OMG 3 games to buy how could they hustle us?!?". I played the terran single player at blizzcon. This is not I REPEAT NOT JUST DOING MISSIONS like in sc1. Its a full on redic game in itself and if you dont enjoy the first one DON'T BUY THE SECOND 2.

Bottom line SC2 is amazing in every single aspect thus far. DON'T LISTEN TO THE TROLLS THEY JUST HATE LIFE...

Ok. Being wrong about me not being a sc1 fan is more tolerable considering how wrong you are about the new game.  You do realize you're describing the e-sport koreans... nothing against them it's just many of us don't fall into that catagory.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions that this game is mainly about satisfying e-sport types.  So you're either one of them or think that a great sequel is just about the graphics.  If I'm wrong pray tell me, what makes the difference like night and day?

Gamewiz

Quote from: greymanic on March 02, 2010, 01:45:45 PM
Oh settle down.  My opinion is just my opinion but yeah, I don't see how any veteran fan can fail to see the shallowness of this game--I never said you shouldn't enjoy it did I?  People always read into shit even when the english is clear as day.  You even mention the single-player game as being innovative which I'd already said. lol.  If anything my comments are just out of place because people are still googly-eyed over it but reality will strike eventually.  J

Just move on if you can't handle it and by all means, enjoy away... "Enjoying" for me used to mean years of enjoyment.  This might last me the length of the single-player campaign.   

I forgot to mention that it's been 10 years.  Waiting 10 years for a sequel like this?  It can only be explained away by the dominance of wow which has lasted way too long. Blizzard has gone down a notch.  OK?  And spare me your righteous indignation which is pretty lame considering you hang out here as much as anyone looking to leech the latest crack.

Clearly I don't think it's shallow if I enjoy the game, that was my point. So my interpretation of your statement was true, even if it wasn't direct. You assumed that all veteran players of blizzard games couldn't possibly like this game, and I proved you wrong.

Just move on? I could say the same thing to you. I'm not moving on because I enjoy the game, and I enjoy what we have here available to us in this community. If YOU don't enjoy SC2, then YOU move on.

And me looking for the next crack in AI is VASTLY different than you S-T-E-A-L-I-N-G the game from Blizzard. I'm not making them lose money. I'm not hacking their multiplayer servers to get an unfair advantage. I'm not cheating. I just want to try their game out because I'm excited for it. The day the game comes out I'm purchasing it and removing all cracks from the game. So yes, I am better than you in that regard, and I'm proud of it.

Happy-I-am

The custom maps on the new editor will be what makes this game.