What happened to the terran's sheild

Started by cloak123, March 12, 2010, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloak123

By their sheild i mean the defense Matrix, Seemed like it was a advancement towards their technology and now nothing, Did they just abandoned hope or have i just not explored all their abilities yet

Theta][Sigma

The Battlecruiser was originally going to be able to have a myriad of upgrades which you could choose to replace the Yamato Cannon, one of which was the Defensive Matrix.  Would only have worked on the BC using it though.

Was scrapped, much like the other abilities.

Nova

The Point Defense Drone that the Raven deploys is a pretty close replacement. Protects units...

cloak123

Quote from: Theta][Sigma on March 12, 2010, 03:22:43 AM
The Battlecruiser was originally going to be able to have a myriad of upgrades which you could choose to replace the Yamato Cannon, one of which was the Defensive Matrix.  Would only have worked on the BC using it though.

Was scrapped, much like the other abilities.

ya i guess defense drone, pretty useless imo so far for me though, I think the medivac could have it to help protect units even though that would prolly make it op. but to counter this i think heal Should cost a fair amount of energy as a skill to turn on and off etc. i donno would also make thors useful in battle too.

Popcornchicken

I'm pretty sure most of these scraped abilities will still be accessible in the single player and in the custom editor of the game. They were prolly just taken out for balancing purposes.  :o