Blizzard is allowing the full client to be downloaded before release!

Started by Espionage724, July 15, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkrei9n

Vernam7 is the second address we're looking for the second reference to hasvaliddecryptionkey?

RedArchon

Quote from: Doix on July 18, 2010, 04:53:31 PM
Guys you are getting trolled. This guy has no reverse engineering skills and you are giving him way to much credit just because he wrote that launcher. That launcher involved no reverse engineering at all. At first it was just a GUI for lazylauncher (if any of you remember back that far). After patch 9 was released blizzard let you launch maps by passing the path of the map as an argument to the exe, so the lazylauncher was no longer needed. No reverse engineering involved here.
So you say that he don't have any installing tool , or even installed game ?

Vernam7 : when you play this game , why you post some screenshots ? example screenshot of files from SC2 and some in-game that are not on internet ?
screenshots aren't bad to show .

Vernam7

@Doix this is your opinion about me 6 months ago!

i nevered said i was doing this all the time and surly i had luck of lots off stuff, but thank god i am a fast learner, and if you can recall you were the one didnt helped when challages where raised at the team, i wasnt the one that disappeared!

i staid untill the end even try to speak to some guys but everyone had abondon everything!

only freebot stayed at my side for support, i never blamed others for luck of knowledge!

i nevered came to a forum to "attack" you for that, on the other hand i tried to learn as much stuff as other knew and improve them!

i never stated i am a god, people respect me becaue i supported them and i was there when they needed me!

offering solutions without risking my head that much, when you and others like you were just playing the game because you got lucky to be in the BETA, but when the servers were down the tool that you now blame was the one you also used to play!

now about RE: reverse engineering my "friend" isnt something a software engineer cant develop!
you should know that!
and why a .net programmer mean is some how "lower" to an reverse angeer for you?
whats the unteachable and the unlearnable about doing backwords waht you do everyday farwards?
WHAT? few assembly commands and learn to read memmory bytes?
if your Brains spins its nothing but an other language!

and you dont really know me that well and making theories from 5 msn chats 6 months ago its at least not mature!

why? is it so hard to accept some can learn do do things sometimes you cant? who's pretending to be god now? me or you with this so ALL power Reverse Engineer style you are trying to proove?

also you are conflict in your own statment, from one part, i am not good to doo reverse engineering, on the other part i am good enought to reap shephard (who is he anyway? i really dont know) and steel his ideas-method and implemented in my launcher!? 

decide what i am at last and keep it for your self plz!

i am really dissapointed, you never were an easy going dude but i liked you, coulnt imaging you turn against your fellow teammates so easilly   and for what? pride? satisfaction? di i said something to you? you think will give you a prize? will remember your really confusing post after few weeks and give you money? what?  people like you are looking for virtual friends and recognition maybe because in RL you are noone!? i dont know i dont care.

as long as you cant cracke it completly differently in places other than those i tip, unless you come to my place search my system and find no retail game, then and only THEN you could call someone lier!
untill you could proove something completly different than what i said, just ziiped it plz and keep the venom for your selves all of you! have your doubts no problem but dont jusdge my knowledges and my expereances nor my character! you simple cant!

how can you judge me? or my achievement? WHO do you think You are anyway? we work together? do you know me in RL? we seen its other? what? we talked 6 months ago i told you i dont to reverse on professional level, i was needing your help after a week you were gone, and now after 6 months you come here and say, ("hey his an average programmer i know that from when we spoke at msn he couldnt do that cracking think because i cant do it ! ") 

anyway thank you for your assistance way back then, it helped me a lot like it or not.
and i feel really sad about your reaction.   :-[

not gona say nothing more

thank you for your time.

p.s english is not my native and many things i said that you take it literally can confuse you, ok, that doesnt mean what i was trying to say is wrong! i just didnt typed it well, like the no ned to edit in memmory and the "bypassing" encryption are wrong words to use maybe but i DONT Care.
they way you try to make them look is really sad....

p.s 2 and just for the records why every little tip i gave to some guys helped them to move forward in the cracking process and found new interested thinks and now they are in the right direction! how could i know all those stuff in such sort time by luck???
since you like facts explain that fact you and others like your self!
i should then go and play a loto or something i have 100% chanches of winning if i am SO damn lucky!

darkrei9n

Please people, stop the damn arguing, we have bigger things to worry about than whether the crack vernam has is real.

Glorm

Cant see that it matters if Vernam7 did it or not, while he is not misleading people(which i doubt he is doing).
Better to focus on the task at hand, getting sc2 sp to work before 27th. Its more of a achievement for yourself than anything else. After that its up to you share it or not.
Don't want this post to go into useless argument.

Anyways I decided to keep trying, using this post for info. Not gotten any further as of yet. Tried a Debugger tool but did not know how to use it.

So now I'm just reading allot about hex editor. If you know of any good articles about how to use it that you could recommend I would love to hear about. Fun to learn it even though I doubt Ill manage to crack this.

But I have a feeling few of the posters here are getting pretty close to installing the game, will keep watching this post to see how it goes (really curious if the key - True/False will lead to something).

darkrei9n

Okay, I'm gonna try to change the address from the jump location to the other direction, the default I believe skips a bunch of stuff, while the other one goes to Eula and stuff. I broke my xampp though.

I'm facing my kryptonite here. I am not good with hex editing a executable. Last time I just tried it messed it up bad.

darkrei9n

Okay, think I have a break through again. I think Blizzard put in a trick path into something that will purposely fail.

In proof one we see along the red path it goes STRAIGHT into loading the MPQE file, without any decryption or anything. However when we move along the green path we end up at some more stuff however they lead to proof 2, the second hasvaliddecryptionkey. This one along its red path ends up doing some stuff BEFORE loading the MPQE and getting EULA.html, which I think is decryption. I also think that's why there are two websites, one has a invalid authentication key to skip the part that fails, and the other has a valid one that is valid.

7H3LaughingMan

The problem Vernam7 is the fact that you have yet to provide a lick of true evidence that you have bypassed the Digital Download security. You have shown us two pictures which we are able to reproduce in a matter of seconds saying that is all the proof that we need. I also kind of find it funny how people who do this normally or even on a professional level are stumped on how to hack there way past the securities and you expect us to believe that you managed to get past it so easily and in a matter of a day?

I have ripped the installer to shreds and ran it up and down wall to rip the secrets it contains, which for the matter of fact it has not a single secret on how to decrypt the .MPQE files. It does contain the code to decrypt it but it doesn't have the key stored inside of it, it uses the key it gets from the internet to decrypt those files. Brute forcing such a key would take over one thousand years with modern technology.

Also, as a side note releasing your crack after the game is released proves nothing since by that time there will be no point to it and it would take a matter of a minute to make a crack at the point since we would have the key needed.

darkrei9n

Anyone else looking at the spot I was looking at? Because after the first validdecrypt key it is DOOMED to fail. Completely. No way around. Along that path is a call to play install failed and no way around it.

Jibs

Quote from: darkrei9n on July 18, 2010, 08:25:35 PM
Anyone else looking at the spot I was looking at? Because after the first validdecrypt key it is DOOMED to fail. Completely. No way around. Along that path is a call to play install failed and no way around it.

I would but when i open installer.exe in ida i get only 303 lines in functions window...

darkrei9n

Jibs Im opening the installer in temp, its basically the same thing but does the actual work.

darkrei9n

Okay, this is what I'm gonna try, I'm gonna open the thing in IDA pro, change the jump address on where it goes to validate the key to where I think it decrypts.

Jibs

Points out to .rdata:006151F4 aHasvaliddecryp db 'hasValidDecryptionKey',0 ; DATA XREF: .text:0044B2E5o

can't do anything with that tho. Was thinking about changing 0 to 1 but it wont let me =/

darkrei9n

I just need a bit more info until I get this cracked. I just need to know what kind of changes Im making, am I changing where the jumps jump to or changing the type of jumps.