PETITION - MAKE BLIZZARD TO IMPLEMENT LAN IN SC2

Started by masky007, March 19, 2010, 03:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masky007

first of al, i am really sorry if this kind of post isnt for this forum.. but i didn't find this somehow violating the forum rules..  and if this was posted somewhere else as well (which i couldn't find) please remove it, and sorry for the problems i made for you.
I PRETTY MUCH BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE WOULD LOVE STARCRAFT 2 TO HAVE "LAN"
so some people did made a pettition.. this sometimes helps!

here is the link:http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html
beg blizz to make it! ^^

zeratus

Do you really think blizzard will make LAN support so people ,who not buy his products to play?
LAN is 99% useless on 2010-everyone got internet.

NanoEntity

There will be no lan, lol blizzard is moving into battle.net game support.

They have the millions of dollars to make the service work :)

"NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

samamanjaro

It's not going to happen, and Korea wont  be happy.

r0fl

First Post! Ok, so Blizzard does have LAN for Starcraft 2, only not the traditional style of LAN that we are so used to. As we all know LAN is achieved through the Battle.net system, you can still get those low latency LAN pings, only you need an internet connection. I personally support this movement, as it helps prevent piracy of one of the greatest games to hit the shelves in 2010. If you did not need to log into the battle.net system to use the LAN then people would just virtual LAN to other computers and would pirate the game anyway. I like it how it is now :)

Frosty3k

QuoteFirst Post! Ok, so Blizzard does have LAN for Starcraft 2, only not the  traditional style of LAN that we are so used to. As we all know LAN is  achieved through the Battle.net system, you can still get those low  latency LAN pings, only you need an internet connection. I personally  support this movement, as it helps prevent piracy of one of the  greatest games to hit the shelves in 2010

I've been hoping for that exact feature, but would you happen to have an official link for verification?

Manichean

Im really on the fence with this one. there are two sides to this argument from my perspective, given the fact that i live in a country where the internet is slow and overpriced. Not to say that the country(South Africa) is not getting there or moving forward.

On the one side of the coin I see no reason for blizz to implement lan as i have a 512k permanent internet connection. As a 29 yr old man with passion for gaming and development I can afford the price per month.

That being said, i remember when i was in matric(grade 12). One of my friends suggested i get starcraft as it was an awesome game. I remember going to his house later that afternoon with my copy of the game and my PC. We stayed up all night gaming on LAN, ended up bunking school the next day to recover.

My point is poeple in less developed countries, younger kids (like my nephews) and kids who's parents cannot affrod broadband will loose out with no LAN capability. Its also good to note that this is the perfect age to capture them with awesome game  titles which blizz has always released.

Blindkilla

Quote from: r0fl on March 20, 2010, 10:47:41 PM
First Post! Ok, so Blizzard does have LAN for Starcraft 2, only not the traditional style of LAN that we are so used to. As we all know LAN is achieved through the Battle.net system, you can still get those low latency LAN pings, only you need an internet connection. I personally support this movement, as it helps prevent piracy of one of the greatest games to hit the shelves in 2010. If you did not need to log into the battle.net system to use the LAN then people would just virtual LAN to other computers and would pirate the game anyway. I like it how it is now :)

BNET lan is useless and completely redundant.  People used lan before as a means to avoid playing over the internet (either don't have a connection or it is too slow).  Now you're required to have an internet connection. 

r0fl

QuoteBNET lan is useless and completely redundant.  People used lan before as a means to avoid playing over the internet (either don't have a connection or it is too slow).  Now you're required to have an internet connection.

We can't 100% comment on how useless and redundant it is until we see it (Starcraft II) in action. This is only a guess, but If i am right, then Blizzard will only need you to be logged into Battle.net to gain access to the LAN option. Seems logical as it would be the only way to achieve those LAN pings. Setting up the lan could be a pain for a mass event as all the computers would need to be connected to the internet, but aside from that, i really don't see many problems. Again though, we will have wait and see before making proper comments about the matter.

QuoteI've been hoping for that exact feature, but would you happen to have an official link for verification?

Ah mate, I wish i could remember where i read it from, the source was credible i remember that, but alas what I have wrote is not since i cannot provide a source. If i stumble across it i will pm you the source mate :)

r0fl.

Rain[sun]

There's a few ways to look at it but at the end of the day it comes down to what blizzard wants to do.
Not to mention, downloading nearly any of the things available for SC2 on the site voids your opinion to blizzard.
Regardless of who is going to buy it anyway, blizzard can't possibly monitor every computer that has this game installed so theyre doing their best to make it pirate-free. They won't succeed but that doesnt mean its pointless to try.

Im biased cause I live in a place where I need internet for school/work/social life, its cheap and fast. I also think however that people in my situation will be the main income for Blizz, so they may or may not care
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

r0fl

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 22, 2010, 05:41:35 AMRegardless of who is going to buy it anyway, blizzard can't possibly monitor every computer that has this game installed so theyre doing their best to make it pirate-free. They won't succeed but that doesnt mean its pointless to try.

I like the point you have made here! To many people complain and bash the anti-piracy attempts of developers and I do not agree with their comments. Although no doubt crackers will be able to get traditional LAN going for Starcraft II, the concept behind what Blizzard have done here is a very close step toward complete anti-piracy, for multiplayer anyway.

r0fl.

crazian

As long as you can still play single player mode offline, I wouldn't complain too much.
*cough*
unlike Assassin's Creed 2
*cough*
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

ItzMattu

For those of you saying "no one cares about LAN" or that "LAN is available you just have to sign on to B.net" please see my post regarding this issue.

The effects of not including true LAN play are very much a hindrance to an important subculture of the gaming community, whether or not you'd like to believe so.

Rain[sun]

How so? I mean, the majority of LAN parties I've heard of used LAN so they could use the same copy of the game and not have to all buy it. Something Blizzard doesnt want, and rightfully so. I know there are cases where people do it cause they can't connect to the internet but, blocking LAN for a smaller group vs blocking piracy by a high degree... Hm.... wonder which a big name company will go for?

Im biased because LAN parties were never my deal. But my point stands.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

War_Machine

WAAAAY to much reading dude but Blizzard will not do it, they dont give a shit what we want