blizzard is allowing map editer for beta testers!!!!

Started by Chain[s]aw, March 02, 2010, 07:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chain[s]aw

if you check the feedback forum, there is an blizz post user agreement list and number 4. statese "4. Map Editor. As part of the Beta Test, Blizzard allow Beta Testers to test the StarCraft II Map Editor (the "Map Editor") that allows you to create custom levels, maps, scenarios or other materials for your personal use in connection with the Game ("New Materials"). The use of the Map Editor will be subject to an End User License Agreement that you will be required to accept prior to installing and using the Map Editor. "

Awesome!!!

Frosty3k

Actually, you may want to read a bit more into it.  I too have been really excited about the map editor -- especially since we were told before the beta begun (and therefore before the license agreement you just posted) that the map editor would be released in the beta.

But the latest news states that the editor may not actually make it into the beta.  But after further reading, I found this to be a good thing.  The reason being that the beta is going to last only a couple months, whereas they originally thought it would last longer.

Either way, they wouldn't have been ready to put the galaxy editor into the beta for several months.  So why release the editor in the final week of the beta?  We can just wait an extra couple weeks for the game to come out earlier than expected.

Chain[s]aw

oh... well maybe i got too over excited... anyways i shouldnt get my hopes up like you said they may decide not to.....

thanks for your comment anyways :)

Rain[sun]

I just hope they release a few UMS maps that were popular, like maybe a tower D, a Phantom, a hero game, etc. just to get people interested (and save me time)
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Myst

Rain[sun]

I quit SC the day World of Starcraft gets made. No exceptions
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Frosty3k

To Chainaw: You're welcome. :)

To Rain[sun]: Although I'm just speculating, if you look at the BNE2.0 screenshots, they have a list of games in them... some of which are the most popular war3 maps.  I saw at least DOTA and Elemental TD on the list, but maybe those were just fake examples for the screenies??