Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaudy

They arent working splitted. There are a lot of things on the code and each one has one part to develop. Its like when you work on a car factory. One set the wheels, another the chairs, another the electronic, another the engine.... and the result is the car. This is the same. Each one make a part and moege final release will be the result :)

I can feel it so close   8)

murka

Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 04, 2011, 02:17:35 PM
Hi . I write for first time here. I wanted to say that the latest emu release from Farmy is the best so far!
You are now able to see all the things that is supposed to be in the game and explore.
here's the link  :   https://github.com/Farmy/mooege/tree/
They are really progressing now, but the matter is that they work separately
Greets from Bulgaria

Uhhh...downloaded this, trying to build solution and getting this error
"Error   1   Source file 'C:\Users\X\Desktop\Farmy-mooege-470d731\src\Mooege\Core\Common\Items\Helmet.cs' could not be opened    Mooege-VS2010"

And, could you elaborate on what's new in this release?

VALVe DnB

"Error   1   Source file 'C:\Users\X\Desktop\Farmy-mooege-470d731\src\Mooege\Core\Common\Items\Helmet.cs' could not be opened    Mooege-VS2010"
This file is not in the source , but Visual C# thinks it's there so i had to delete it directly in C# and then it all works.

"And, could you elaborate on what's new in this release?"
Almost everything is in place now( i think just for testing at the moment) : doors(environmental  detail and objects) , npc's , stash , mobs , items etc.
Gaudy@  - i mean that they are not merging all together every time - look at the network graph - it looks like totally separate sources , but yeah in some time all will come in one place
sry for the bad english maybe :D

tonto

Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 04, 2011, 06:00:05 PM
"Error   1   Source file 'C:\Users\X\Desktop\Farmy-mooege-470d731\src\Mooege\Core\Common\Items\Helmet.cs' could not be opened    Mooege-VS2010"
This file is not in the source , but Visual C# thinks it's there so i had to delete it directly in C# and then it all works.

Almost everything is in place now( i think just for testing at the moment) : doors(environmental  detail and objects) , npc's , stash , mobs , items etc.
Gaudy@  - i mean that they are not merging all together every time - look at the network graph - it looks like totally separate sources , but yeah in some time all will come in one place

What references that file, I mean in what file references helmets.cs?  I'm not familiar with Microsofts IDE so I'm stumbling through trying to find it.  Codewarrior would let me search the entire project but I'm not finding a reference.  Or did you mean just to remove the file from the project, and nothing is referencing it?

edit:  never mind figured it out, just remove the file from the project (right-click on the file and say "remove from project") :)

ethalion

Quote from: tonto on October 04, 2011, 08:08:06 PM
Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 04, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

What references that file, I mean in what file references helmets.cs?  I'm not familiar with Microsofts IDE so I'm stumbling through trying to find it.  Codewarrior would let me search the entire project but I'm not finding a reference.  Or did you mean just to remove the file from the project, and nothing is referencing it?

edit:  never mind figured it out, just remove the file from the project (right-click on the file and say "remove from project") :)

tried that.  Got the build to debug but now i'm stuck at loading screen in diablo 3.

AJproductions

So the (mooext) emulator update itself? Cause you can update but its a full update?
I've updated few times But still the same no npc no monsters no glowing wp etc?

VALVe DnB

"tried that.  Got the build to debug but now i'm stuck at loading screen in diablo 3."
This is the new release from Farmy - maybe some mistake by him or somethin , but the release before this was working like i sad in previous post
Everybody makes really good progress now - they will merge everything soon i hope and we all will play the game of the decade

tonto

Are characters created saved "offline" (ie on your PC) or are they only saved in RAM?   I noticed that when I didn't close the server (but had closed D3) when I reconnect my character was still there.
When I closed the server, however, the character was gone.

Sorter

Quote from: AJproductions on October 05, 2011, 03:25:45 AM
So the (mooext) emulator update itself? Cause you can update but its a full update?

They haven't added any of those yet. You can check their additions/changes on their site and by clicking Commits.

Quote from: tonto on October 05, 2011, 11:27:59 AM
Are characters created saved "offline" (ie on your PC) or are they only saved in RAM?   I noticed that when I didn't close the server (but had closed D3) when I reconnect my character was still there.

First: if you have recently updated the server version you will have lost the char you made. But, as long as you use the same username regardless of password, even if you close the server down and reopen it you will have your characters there.

So in summary: unless you have updated the server you will keep your characters when you log in with the SAME username as you did initially.

tonto

Quote from: Sorter on October 05, 2011, 11:45:56 AM
Quote from: AJproductions on October 05, 2011, 03:25:45 AM

They haven't added any of those yet. You can check their additions/changes on their site and by clicking Commits.

Quote from: tonto on October 05, 2011, 11:27:59 AM

First: if you have recently updated the server version you will have lost the char you made. But, as long as you use the same username regardless of password, even if you close the server down and reopen it you will have your characters there.

So in summary: unless you have updated the server you will keep your characters when you log in with the SAME username as you did initially.

Aha, that explains it.  I usually try one server version for a bit, see what the changes are, and then quit and wait until the next version, then rinse and repeat.  Danke!

AJproductions

How to open the open the changes than?
With the mooext? im not good in this..
can u explain me

kimboy11

Quote from: AJproductions on October 05, 2011, 02:11:49 PM
How to open the open the changes than?
With the mooext? im not good in this..
can u explain me

just manually update it (F5?) and the changes will automatically load when you play it

AJproductions

aah oke:P That was my question on the previous one but he answerd blabla no xD

But okee you've noticed that if u put helm on you get armor like? :P haha

VALVe DnB

Aaah - just try mdz444 source       -   https://github.com/mdz444/mooege/tree/
Many skills now working with their proper animation on every class
mobs taking real damage and die properly
also the dropping/equipping items and gold is there
Try monk's 7-sided kick on some spawned mobs

AJproductions

Quote from: VALVe DnB on October 06, 2011, 08:01:11 AM
Aaah - just try mdz444 source       -   https://github.com/mdz444/mooege/tree/