StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcrafter64

Quote from: ItsTheFark on March 23, 2010, 08:45:22 PM
With 7.0 I seem to be having an issue that when I launch it using the Beta Launcher its just an empty map and my units and the opponents units are M.I.A.

You didnt copy over the added file from the archive to the base directory.

Example: C:\Program Files(x86)\Starcraft II Beta

ItsTheFark

Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 23, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
With 7.0 I seem to be having an issue that when I launch it using the Beta Launcher its just an empty map and my units and the opponents units are M.I.A.

...huh? lmao. What do you mean archive and base directory. I unzipped the file to my folder of AI's, made it so that the Base.SC2Data file is in only one folder (like all the other Base.SC2Data files) and ran it. The difficultyAI.galaxy thing is in the same folder.

starcrafter64

Quote from: ItsTheFark on March 23, 2010, 09:29:29 PM
Quote from: starcrafter64 on March 23, 2010, 09:18:18 PM

...huh? lmao . What do you mean archive and base directory. I unzipped the file to my folder of AI's, made it so that the Base.SC2Data file is in only one folder (like all the other Base.SC2Data files) and ran it. The difficultyAI.galaxy thing is in the same folder.

Right, and the difficultyAI.galaxy goes in the Starcraft II Beta directory, not the mods folder.

Archive - That thing you unzip that contains your files.
Base Directory - The games main folder

crazian

For those who have problem:  USE SC2LAUNCH THEY SUGGESTED! it's not as good looking as beta launcher but it works and you can pick teams. follow directions though since it could be a bit tricky.

and if one word for this AI: SMART.
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

darkshark

Im not seeing it.. it definately reacts differently but im still walking all over it after the first encounter.

BUT this is awesome compared to the earlier versions, and I thank you for your efforts

godspiral

for those having probs,

base.sc2data has to be in ...\StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod

really nice job with banelings.  Maybe its baneling micro is TOO good with them zvz

There might be some bugs PvP as it gets confused and stops building.  Is generally pretty slow and gets owned by colosus.

Censored

Thanks for the awesome update, the standard edition sure kicked my ass the first couple games.

One thing I noticed, while watching a TvT game, is that the computer didn't expand, it just exhausted its mineral nodes at its original base and that is it.  Not entirely sure if this is a bug or not but I figured it was worth noting.

Once again thanks, this is the best AI yet :)

isoku

One thing I noticed about the 7.0 AI is that it seems to have trouble committing to a battle. Almost every time it encounters my army it just keeps moving back and forth making it easy for my ranged units to pick them off. It's like they can't decide whether to retreat or attack.

iPcc

Just played TvZ. Very surprised by AI's move ^^ So here is my battle story:

On one warm day of March, I was assigned to defend a Terran base stationed in blistering sand. It was a secluded area in the dessert, a land filled with mystery. The base was empty and six SCVs were assigned to my command. A single Command Center could easily be seen in the far horizon. Knowing far well the dangers that lurks in the area, I immediately assigned the SCVs to harvest minerals. I did my best to recruit more SCVs and on the 10th, I set-up a supply depot nearby to accommodate more recruits. After building, I recruit more; and on the 12th count, I sent off one SCV to the chock point at the 3 o'clock position to build a Command Center. Yes, a Command Center in the middle of nowhere.

Marines knows me by my initials - iPcc. And as a young commander, I fear for my soldiers for what is on the far side of the map. I don't really know what race we are ordered to destroy until I saw a drone scouting my area. I quickly dispatch a SCV to build an engineering bay while I amass more SCVs. I then built two refineries and transfered some of my SCV to collect vespene gas.

After the newly build Command Center was inaugurated, I quickly ordered it to upgrade into a Planetary Fortress. Now, I know most of you will now understand why I built such a monstrocity far from the mineral patch from my expo. Yes, I intend it to be used to cut off the pathway completely from Zerg's early swarms. However, unlike the previous iteration of my opponents, the new swarms didn't attack. After seeing my closed choke point, they just retreated without a fight.

Although I would like these zergs all burnt up, it was still good news for me that they didn't use the backdoor. After the zergling initial appearance, I set off to build three barracks, a factory and three starport all with tech labs. I also set off to upgrade every tech that I could click on while I'm amassing marauders, Seige tanks, Banshees and Vikings. While doing this, I was secured in my location while I build another Command Center in my expo and some bunkers outside the giant fortress in the choke point. Then I would use scanner sweep to make sure my opponent is not doing any fast far expand. And once I amassed numerous Banshees, I got the chance to harrass one far expand that the zerg colony is building. Surprisingly, creep are spreading fast around the map and the opponent seems to have countered my attack using lots of Queens!  :jig: Wow! It caught me by surprise and asked my banshees to cloak. Unfortunately, the opponent sent an overseer and my banshees were revealed and were easily taken down by 4-5 queens and some hydras. However, the opponent made a big mistake and charged their roaches, zerglings, hydras and Queens towards my choke point only to be obliterated by my seige tanks and planetary fortress.

After the failed all out push by the zerg, I went out with some of my newly manufactured vikings, banshees and raven and go out to creep tumor hunting. Wow, I was surprised by how much creep tumor overlap around the same area. Anyway, I did short work of it, and was able to destroy their two far expos. After that, the battle was surely on my side and so I set off to capture one expo to make sure of my victory. Unbeknown to me, several corrupters flew out of the zerg's base and destroyed my viking fleet.  :bangshead: I didn't saw it coming, but did short work of them by massing marines and more vikings. After that last battle, my banshees just literally sweep the enemy's base to the ground.

However, here are some interesting notes that I have observed from the enemy:
1. The zergs seems to send all their overlord into my base during end game.
2. They apparently do not possess the brightest mind to use the back door to bypass my heavily guarded chock point.
3. Fortunately for me, they also didn't used a Nydus drop.
4. Their corrupters didn't seem to be able to use their special ability to disarm my planetary fortress and bunkers.
5. The enemy seems to expand without any protection from their army. It was pretty easy to make short work of the young hatchery without any guards.

In the end, it was very satisfying to have been able to test my skills and unconventional build against an opponent who seems to know to build the right counters for my army. Hopefully, my next encounter with these aliens would also result in my victory.

Man7a

Haha well written IPcc, :P i wont mind if you keep up some Star Craft "story" games you played

Before i try this out, how does the standard starcrack AI v7 compare to the Strategy AI 0.2 ?

Manta

linesis

The SCVs is not working to repair the buildings. They begin to catch fire and they do nothing.

Saffron

WEEOO thanks so much Turdburgler :) crushed some Zerg and it was quite satisfying. They're definitely a lot smarter than the previous AI. Good job man.

aggressivEn00b

i played ally game with comp, my ally got rushed, lifted his comm center, but when i cleared his base hi never landed comm and couldnt afford second one (his scv was wandering around natural exp, but never started the build)
so imho, if ai is liftin comm he should knoow tha once his base is safe he can drop it back and rebuild

btw, dunno if it was there before, but i liked the way ai microed his wounded units behind, especially clearly seen with marines, thats a big way to go!

klaretos

I get an empty map even when using the recommended launcher. Anyone found solution to this? All the other AIs work fine on my PC