StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godspiral

Quote from: earendur829 on March 12, 2010, 06:33:36 AM
i'm finding it VERY, VERY hard to beat cheating AI terran as toss on maps with wide ramps.  :-[

yes.  The videos abuse small ramp T repair blockade followed by timing attack after AI fail, and in 2nd video.  We learn that  roaches rape zealots.

Now its a valid point that the AI could calculate its chances either before or during an attack on a ramp blockade, and then decide to contain instead, reinforcing troops.  The simplest change would just make the AI extremely cautious when there is a total block as in video.  Players could still abuse Ai by making funnels.

For PvZ, its a valid point that 3 gate zealot rush shouldn't be main/only build

Swifter

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 04:45:06 AM
Quote from: paco on March 11, 2010, 10:35:00 PM
ouch

haha

seriously, why dont you guys make stronger ai? ??? ?
there is no improvement since version 5, just big talk but nothing is changing in difficulty

well if i have to compare this with human player i would say that it has a skill level of a wow player who plays his 2-3game ...

They should perma-ban his IP or something so he cannot download stuff from this website anymore. I wish there was a period of the year where we could hunt stupid people, like this guy, with shotguns. Man it'd be fun.

jpargami

Quote from: undeadnightorc on March 12, 2010, 06:23:04 AM
People are never happy. We were all dying for the beta. When we didn't get in we were dying for a free crack. When we finally got a free crack we were dying to play an ai instead of sandbox mode. When we finally got an ai we were dying for it to be improved.

Just remember we never paid a cent for all this so just be thankful there are people out there willing to put a great amount of effort bringing it to us FOR FREE.

This is so true. I remember how impatient I was to test SC2, instead of just -endlessly- watching beta replays on youtube & others.

@Swifter : be careful, sometimes we'd be the hunters and sometimes we'd be the hunted.  ;)

krutoistudent

Quote from: Swifter on March 12, 2010, 09:41:49 AM
Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 04:45:06 AM
Quote from: paco on March 11, 2010, 10:35:00 PM
ouch

haha

seriously, why dont you guys make stronger ai? ??? ?
there is no improvement since version 5, just big talk but nothing is changing in difficulty

well if i have to compare this with human player i would say that it has a skill level of a wow player who plays his 2-3game ...

They should perma-ban his IP or something so he cannot download stuff from this website anymore. I wish there was a period of the year where we could hunt stupid people, like this guy, with shotguns. Man it'd be fun.
haha funny guy, dont call other people stupid with your ant brain

krutoistudent

Quote from: godspiral on March 12, 2010, 09:34:12 AM
i'm finding it VERY, VERY hard to beat cheating AI terran as toss on maps with wide ramps.  :-[

yes.  The videos abuse small ramp T repair blockade followed by timing attack after AI fail, and in 2nd video.  We learn that  roaches rape zealots.

Now its a valid point that the AI could calculate its chances either before or during an attack on a ramp blockade, and then decide to contain instead, reinforcing troops.  The simplest change would just make the AI extremely cautious when there is a total block as in video.  Players could still abuse Ai by making funnels.

exact!
that is what i ment by big talk and no improvement, because this are from first ai the problems and still are, mass lings works versus protoss not versus zerg, and even lesser versus terran, because terran wall in every game, i have zero programming skills but i doubt it is a problem to put a triger, when way blocked move back dont trow away units

anyway the terran ai of the cheated version is pretty nice in p/z v t, i will upload tonight the vids, was really good games, will be good advertising for the ai  8)

and another important thing is programmer have the skill to change the ai, but they should work together with people who knows the game good, so they can use their knowlege to make good build orders for every match up and not randown unit mass and a click into wall

undeadnightorc

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 06:43:41 AM
stop crying guys, since when its not allowed to say your own opinion? and stop coming with retarded reasoning, it was my opinion yesterday, it doesnt match yours?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you seem ungrateful for all the work being put into this project. It's like if you were starving and someone gave you a free dinner. Than you complain there wasn't enough salt.

Tresh

Quote from: Astazha on March 12, 2010, 12:12:17 AM
Then I'm afraid I don't know.  My replays work except when I edit the AI it was made with.

If you play a game and then immediately watch the replay does it work then?

Nope, it doesnt. I just tried it. Im thinking it may be the map, im using one that is not official, and i just store them in the desktop. If that's it, then id just need to know where should i store em.

Just in case, here's what i did.

Downloaded SCII. Downloaded the fixed cache. pasted the new cache in documents andsettings... overwritten when prompted. Im using StarLauncher 0.41 (Which may be the whole reason this doesnt work, which Launcher are you using?). I use that one because of the team functionality (if i dont use this launcher, the game is a free for all, ais attack each other). Play the game, TvTT. Exit the game. Open the original SCII, click on replays, select the last one. Desync.

EDIT: Forgot to say, because of the way the launcher works, i actually had to replace the original base.sc2data in the liberty folder.

L33tGam3r

yes.  The videos abuse small ramp T repair blockade followed by timing attack after AI fail, and in 2nd video.  We learn that  roaches rape zealots.

Now its a valid point that the AI could calculate its chances either before or during an attack on a ramp blockade, and then decide to contain instead, reinforcing troops.  The simplest change would just make the AI extremely cautious when there is a total block as in video.  Players could still abuse Ai by making funnels.

i'm finding it VERY, VERY hard to beat cheating AI terran..AT ALL  :-X
I made like 5 games TvT trying diffrent tactics with no success ..first attack is like 12+ marines and 2nd is with tanks and vikings at like 6-7 minute..not much u can do  :-X
vs Protoss as terran just do some helions for the first attack,go bio the get a few ghosts and call the gg..terran just owns protoss 
vs Zerg ..nothing that challenging here zerg is the easiest atm just mass whatever you are playin' with and rush.
If any1 had beaten cheating AI in a TvT match feel free to share  :-\

godspiral

Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 12, 2010, 04:58:00 PM
cheating AI terran..AT ALL  :-X
I made like 5 games TvT trying diffrent tactics with no success ..first attack is like 12+ marines and 2nd is with tanks and vikings at like 6-7 minute..not much u can do  :-X
vs Protoss as terran just do some helions for the first attack,go bio the get a few ghosts and call the gg..terran just owns protoss
vs Zerg ..nothing that challenging here zerg is the easiest atm just mass whatever you are playin' with and rush.

First, I played cheating AI PvT up to 130% only.  I found metalopolis to be the hardest map PvT (because it puts sieged tanks up its ramp).  But fast expand, forge before 3rd gate, canons and zealot charge are all useful.

Nipels

Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 01:58:28 PM
exact!
thatis what i ment by big talk and no improvement, because this are fromfirst ai the problems and still are, mass lings works versus protossnot versus zerg, and even lesser versus terran, because terran wall inevery game, i have zero programming skills but i doubt it is a problemto put a triger, when way blocked move back dont trow away units

anywaythe terran ai of the cheated version is pretty nice in p/z v t, i willupload tonight the vids, was really good games, will be goodadvertising for the ai  8)

andanother important thing is programmer have the skill to change the ai,but they should work together with people who knows the game good, sothey can use their knowlege to make good build orders for every matchup and not randown unit mass and a click into wall
Kill yourself. Your worthless. Your input is worthless. You're like a welfare baby who never worked a day in his life and still thinks the world owes you something. Shut up and stop posting. The forum will be better for it. Fucking pathetic cry baby loser. If you have so many great ideas on how to improve the AI, why don't you implement some of them? Oh yea, that's right, your a script kiddy who stands on the shoulders of the people kind enough to do this for us.

How about you stop walling like a noob, and artificially make the game harder for yourself.

I call for an IP ban on this guy.

farishawk88

the AI needs to have more tactics than just rushing as fast as possible. it never harasses with air units it just scouts u to see what ur doing then responds. not very creative. it shouldnt always rush but maybe tech or fast expo as well as harass somewhat. also if ur terran and u emp it it should run away to regen and if ur protoss and hit it with psi storm it should also try to dodge it. it should know if its going to lose a push and back away

krutoistudent

Quote from: Nipels on March 12, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: krutoistudent on March 12, 2010, 01:58:28 PM
exact!
thatis what i ment by big talk and no improvement, because this are fromfirst ai the problems and still are, mass lings works versus protossnot versus zerg, and even lesser versus terran, because terran wall inevery game, i have zero programming skills but i doubt it is a problemto put a triger, when way blocked move back dont trow away units

anywaythe terran ai of the cheated version is pretty nice in p/z v t, i willupload tonight the vids, was really good games, will be goodadvertising for the ai  8)

andanother important thing is programmer have the skill to change the ai,but they should work together with people who knows the game good, sothey can use their knowlege to make good build orders for every matchup and not randown unit mass and a click into wall
Kill yourself. Your worthless. Your input is worthless. You're like a welfare baby who never worked a day in his life and still thinks the world owes you something. Shut up and stop posting. The forum will be better for it. Fucking pathetic cry baby loser. If you have so many great ideas on how to improve the AI, why don't you implement some of them? Oh yea, that's right, your a script kiddy who stands on the shoulders of the people kind enough to do this for us.

How about you stop walling like a noob, and artificially make the game harder for yourself.

I call for an IP ban on this guy.
wow another retard who can not argue, poor boy i give a shit what you think

Nerdy777

people here does not know...when to say THANK you to TURDBUGLER... ;D

krutoistudent

Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 12, 2010, 04:58:00 PM

i'm finding it VERY, VERY hard to beat cheating AI terran..AT ALL  :-X
I made like 5 games TvT trying diffrent tactics with no success ..first attack is like 12  marines and 2nd is with tanks and vikings at like 6-7 minute..not much u can do  :-X

here you go  P v cheating T 6.1.1 =)

sc2 P v T cheated AI 6.1.1 version , good game, full hd 1/2

sc2 P v T cheated AI 6.1.1 version , good game, full hd 2/2

if the ai just would use their vikings as air unit and try to kill the collosses, this would be so awesome, would actually force to use micro , but still was awesome how long it took to win this game

the zerg vs terran game for some reason still "under work" by youtube (guess thats the price for uplaoding full hd 500mb big 10min vids), even though i uploaded it 2hours ago, from game play it was alot closer i come out with two lings from one of the 7-8 battle over the whole game, felt almost like playing a human
at this point good work for great cheating terran it plays pretty nice agains toss/zerg!

@at the guy i quoted:
in tvt simple play the scbw strategie, means fast tanks after u defeat first go expand and get second factory and starport (spend the overminerals for marines)
basicly your force looks like that: marines tanks vikings medivac (when you drop scan before so you dont fly into turrets or units), its not a big deal

Astazha

@Tresh:  I'm sorry, I'm using LazyLauncher 2 so I just don't know.  You could try using LazyLauncher just to see if that makes a difference.  Or try using a standard map.  I don't know what the problem is though.