Can't get AI installation to work

Started by btm1, March 24, 2010, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btm1

Hey I haven't had any issues up until now and could get virtually any launcher to work for me.  Now all of a sudden because there are new AIs they aren't using the base.sc2 data method anymore they are using the triggerlib method.  I can't seem to get this to work.

My first question is why are AIs packaged this way?  is there some way I can make them into the base file so I can use the other method to install them?  I know your just supposed to have the trigger libs folder in your beta folder yada yada i've done that.

Some launchers don't support navigating to a triggerlibs folder so i'd like to be able to convert them to the other type.

My other issues is that as soon as starcrack 7.0 came out I did what I usually do I took the base file and put it in my mods folder and replaced the old one and I did this from a clean install of the beta.  When I started the game it said starcrack 6.0 easy mode three times instead of 7.0

Interestingly enough I've never downloaded starcrack 6.0 easy mode because it was just too easy .... so i'm not sure where it's getting that from.

Does anyone have any other ideas for me? no matter what launcher I try when i launch it says 6.0 instead of whatever AI i'm trying to launch

keep in mind this is a clean install of the beta.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

:-[