our prayers camed to an end... Almost

Started by Blackcode, February 26, 2010, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huhen

I got it to work I just turned off my AV then clicked it. I will tell you it IS LEGIT and you can play around with units and so on. Although tbh that isn't very fun after a little while. Good work on the crack and thanks a lot!

krakerer

I was misunderstood :-) I am not afraid of this crack, just a little paranoid. Because of experience. I've minimized risk, and finally installed it.

For me, SC is sign of really good story, not PvP. So, possibility to play skirmish, even with AI, isn't so great for me like for you. But finally, my curiosity overwhelmed me...

Hear the word of sceptic - Crack is FUNCTIONAL. Nice job devs

WildFire

so then this is safe then? they admit its their crack that got released? or is it a fake?

Jav

Quote from: WildFire on February 26, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
so then this is safe then? they admit its their crack that got released? or is it a fake?
Yes, for the last time. This crack works.

MiCrOMaN1

I will say it again! It works perfectly. No AI, but atleast its awesome to move units around and destroy rocks lol!
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

Rain[sun]

I think the main thing to draw from this, is that while it IS fun to practice build orders and what not, we're a huge step closer to playing offline vs AI. Doubtful there's campaign in the beta but if I'm not mistaken, you can play vs AI online.

I know nothing about this junk but, if we can start a game and build, the only thing left would be to stick an AI of any level into the game. From a noob's point of view that seems like an easier task to accomplish than making a sandbox crack.

Just my 2 cents
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

TheyStoleMyStapler

Can anyone point me toward some maps that load Zerg / Protoss?  I only have a Terran one.

BTW, crack works great for me :)

WildFire

Quote from: MiCrOMaN1 on February 26, 2010, 06:57:24 PM
I will say it again! It works perfectly. No AI, but atleast its awesome to move units around and destroy rocks lol!

ok just making sure... I mean I see 20 people with 2 posts in here so I had no clue if someone was trolling or what thanks microman1!!!!

Jav

Quote from: TheyStoleMyStapler on February 26, 2010, 07:10:37 PM
Can anyone point me toward some maps that load Zerg / Protoss?  I only have a Terran one.

BTW, crack works great for me :)
You should be able to just go into the game menu and restart the game. It's random race selection, so just restart until you get the race you want.

TheyStoleMyStapler

@Jav:  Thanks, i just figured that out myself...

Here's some maps if anyone is looking: http://www.nibbits.com/sc2/maps/

brandybeans

ok... i cracked sc2 beta for replays... knowing this i reinstalled sc2, i then patched successfully... ran lazylaunch.exe from the zip folder... i couldn't extract it?! it did nothing. my programs on my computer wouldn't work... so i did a restart... still didn't work so i did a system restore and now i'm here talking to you guys... running windows 7 install path c:/program files (x86)/starcraft 2 either i did something wrong, or we got some big fail here. note that i dl'd lazy launch from here http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5395618/SC2_Beta_-_Offline_Sandbox_%5BFIXED_ZIP from this post...

IT WORKS...it must have been avast from letting extract properly even though i wasn't getting any alerts from it; i also changed links to http://darkblizz.org/lazylaunch.zip instead or that torrent. thank you guys in the irc, good help.

Rain[sun]

Ill give those with problems still a complete description of how I got it to work and the issues I solved.

I use Vista which is known to have permission issues, so I have a fresh install of SC2 Beta in a folder on my desktop. I have the modded Authentication.gfx if thats what it was, the file used to watch replays. Then I dl'd this crack and it told me it was unable to find the file (ie. I needed to patch up).

Loaded SC2, it started the auto-patching process then told me it was unable to find the original file used on install, the one you replaced to watch the replays. Replacing the original file allowed SC2 to correctly patch up. Runny lazy worked this time around, just needed to give it permission. Loading the files with names like uih435joi345kokk5mn is generally not the easiest way, no idea why people still keep doing it. Makes it a lot easier if you load a map with a name like Steppes of War, then you at least know if its a map file or not.

I realize some issues are completely different but, I don't see how so I just posted my process ;)
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

War_Machine

To all the doubters...I am making a video right now for you

mithhunter55

Jav

Quote from: mithhunter55 on February 26, 2010, 07:45:54 PM
Where/how do I download patch 1?
Run the SC2 beta client and it should auto-update for you.