StarCrack ALLin1 (OFFICIAL) (site moved read last post for new links!)

Started by BoBoStariaN, March 01, 2010, 03:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernam7

try EMTPY your map cache and b.net cache and play with 7.7.3
dont place any cache and try like that

sync258

thanks for the allin1 launcher it seems like the best launcher so far  :thumbsup:

but i have one small problem, whenever i try to start a replay from the   launcher it says Unable to launch game. Is there any fix to this.

(I use windows 7 - 64bit)

Anonym

The unsupported alert is as annoying as Clippy from MS Office. This message should only be displayed once, or placed inside the launcher window as a label, not a popup every time the user click on a non-official map.

Vernam7

hmmm i will take into consideration, i will probably make the Map description to display that msg in RED so that everyone reads it ;-)

tnx for the feedback

oh for those still geting unable to load map clean all, reinstall, and use only the latest version of sc2allin1 (now its 73.3beta)

Rokrdude

Seen a strange bug with v 7.73

Even after i have changed the ai whenever i start a game it says starcrack v7.02 instead of the new ai I use
Not sure whether ai is actually changing or whether for all ais the game shows v7.02 with this launcher bcs the ai
base.sc2data file is changing in mods/libertysc2mod

Any suggestions?

Vernam7

Quote from: Rokrdude on April 13, 2010, 02:32:56 AM
Seen a strange bug with v 7.73

Even after i have changed the ai whenever i start a game it says starcrack v7.02 instead of the new ai I use
Not sure whether ai is actually changing or whether for all ais the game shows v7.02 with this launcher bcs the ai
base.sc2data file is changing in mods/libertysc2mod

Any suggestions?

you dont tell us what AI are you trying to play with ????
and also this beta Version is Dedicated to StarCrack AI cause i am into their team now officially, and ecause its a beta test of the new way of implementing the AI

in other words no matter what files you copy paste the Current beta version will always force starcrack ai 7.0.2, and is not implemented as you think, by copy pasting only one file into the liberty folder!

BUT to cheer you up, the retail version will allo other AI with the standar method to work also!
sure this tool will not only support Starcrack AI but it will always be 100% compatible with that one!

in the future you will see that the other AIs are not working corectly !

Blizzard forces the game to use the internal AI (from patches) not just the s2data file you put in a directory!

so thats why we are they only laucher tha tfound the right way to implement the AI to work always!

p.s i would say you can try a work arround but needs lot of steps to do and i dont think it worth it right now, just wait for the next retail version where we will nail the way and how many AI we will support.

for now our primary concer is only Starcrack. ai.

Rokrdude

Quote from: Vernam7 on April 13, 2010, 03:03:15 AM
you dont tell us what AI are you trying to play with ??? ?
and also this beta Version is Dedicated to StarCrack AI cause i am into their team now officially, and ecause its a beta test of the new way of implementing the AI

in other words no matter what files you copy paste the Current beta version will always force starcrack ai 7.0.2, and is not implemented as you think, by copy pasting only one file into the liberty folder!

I am using strategy ai
Btw with earlier version of launcher ie 6.x.x and 5.x.x I could play with other ai's as well including strategy ai
So did blizzard did something with latest patches or your previous launcher was better?

Vernam7

lol, no previous version are not supposed to be better! ;D

Blizzard made changes to Patch8 and now the external AI files, creators are making, is not always taking into consideration or cause other serious problems if you press f10 restart.

so as i said now there is a new "special" way of implementing the AI and not be ignored by the game,
and that way doesnt include copypaste 1 or 2 files arround the games folder.

dont worry in the next version you will have again the ability to use more AI besides starcrack! ;-)

but i will always support those AI that are offering support and Help, as StarCrack Team does.

if the Strategy Ai ctreator contact me and ask me how do i want there AI files to be given to me i can then make sure its 100% also compatible with my tool.

but we will see!

darkeor

Quote from: Vernam7 on April 13, 2010, 05:39:54 AM
but i will always support those AI that are offering support and Help, as StarCrack Team does.

if the Strategy Ai ctreator contact me and ask me how do i want there AI files to be given to me i can then make sure its 100% also compatible with my tool.

Ok. You convinced me, but now support me:

- The Starcrack AI (SCRKAI), has defined the 4 dificulty levels? or its the same, if I select the SCRKAI an put the Easy level, is the same as Medium or hard?
If not the same, what are the diferences betheen them? the Actions per minute ratio or something more?
- If I restart the AI and game speed wont be reseted?

anticipated thanks *^_^*

Vernam7

this is the settings that starcrack team recomend for the 3 levels.
for more explanation you need to ask in the AI forum ;-)

EASY

const int zerg_open = -1;
const int terran_open = -1;
const int protoss_open = -1;
const int c_difficulty = 2;
const int c_mineralBonus = 1;
const string c_maphack = "false";

MEDIUM

const int c_difficulty = 0;

HARD

const int c_difficulty = 0;
const int c_mineralBonus = 2;
const string c_maphack = "true";

darkeor

Sorry about many questions but:

- where is the AI forum?

- What does those constants mean?

And this?
const int c_difficulty = 2;

And it means that for each mineral extracted(5), the AI gets (6)?

And finally this? The AI can see every map without FOW if its true?

thanks a lot!! *^_^*

slash

Hi guys, i have a problem with the 7.7.3 beta that don't work on my pc..during the loading the screen flashes   several times and in game there is a lot of freeze for 3 or 4 seconds,   than the game continue normally but after 10 seconds return the same   problem..

Vernam7

Quote from: slash on April 16, 2010, 05:10:55 AM
Hi guys, i have a problem with the 7.7.3 beta that don't work on my pc..during the loading the screen flashes   several times and in game there is a lot of freeze for 3 or 4 seconds,   than the game continue normally but after 10 seconds return the same   problem..

i think you posted that on the nibbits forum allready.

slash

yeah and the reply was:"support questions to forums plz ;-) personally i will not answer   here any questions, thats why we have the forums"

here i am with the question :)