other units not included.

Started by cloak123, March 04, 2010, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloak123

Ive noticed In campaign videos there are still units like the medic you think they will ever be released in multiplayer too. Who knows what familar units are still in the game and not on the beta?

Gamewiz

They will most likely NOT be in multiplayer. They will most definitely be in the campaign, however. That's already confirmed.

twan

I think they mentioned wraiths and firebats also in the blizzcast but im not so sure about the firebats :/ wraiths are in the campaign tho (at least thats what they said on blizzcast)

btnheazy03

i think i saw lurkers in one of the videos, too.

madrussian190

i dont know if u noticed this before, i know i just did...

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

look under patch 1, protoss, mothership... they removed the 2 skills in the first patch :(

MortalPlague

There's been a few things changed over the course of development...

If you look at the original gameplay video, the mothership had three completely different abilities than she has now (also far more health).  The phoenix lost its 'overload' ability, the colossus' fire changed, and a whole bunch of other little things changed as well.

More recently, the Terran gameplay video showed upgrades at the tech lab for medics, and had the 'plasma array' AoE laser attack for battlecruisers, which also looks to be gone.  And the ghosts' drop pods...

I really hope this stuff is still accessible via the editor.

starscraft-2-fan

i remember hearing in a interview with one of the guys from the team creating starcraft say that some more units were going to b unlocked in multiplayer as u got the expansions of the game so maybe there is a chance some of these units will be in the multiplayer  :thumbsup:

Rain[sun]

That's how Broodwar worked. One or a couple new units per race, per expansion. As well as possibly just 1 new unit with modified abilities!
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Bliss

I don't like the idea of having new units per expansion. Unit additions should be an update for all games, so they'll just have to update the main game. The expansions should only be the campaigns, and some starcraft goodies.

Rain[sun]

I'd never buy an expansion if it only came with new missions, thats a waste of money and time
New units/abilities would get me to maybe buy it
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Artanis186

Quote from: Bliss on March 28, 2010, 05:16:13 PM
I don't like the idea of having new units per expansion. Unit additions should be an update for all games, so they'll just have to update the main game. The expansions should only be the campaigns, and some starcraft goodies.

That'd be nice, but that would give people even less reason to buy the expansions. Some people don't care about the campaigns, so they will have no reason to buy the expansions if all they're gonna do is play multiplayer.