AI Mods Discussion (Turdburgler/StarCrack Devs AI mods)

Started by creamsoda, February 27, 2010, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creamsoda

I just installed the Turd AI mod, (which was stated to be a bit harder). But now everytime I startup a game, some annoying messages show up during the game, and it's really annoying.

So what's the difference between the Turd AI and the Default? (besides the fact that the Turd AI is supposed to be "harder").

starcrafter64

I havent noticed any significant change after testing it 2-3 times. Same build patterns, but annoying messages. Go back to the original.

creamsoda

Another mod was released awhile ago, and it's supposed to be "medium" difficulty.

I just tested it out, and it's at least better than the default, and there is no annoying messages this time.

pynion

Where can i download this out?

Quote from: creamsoda on February 27, 2010, 07:00:17 PM
Another mod was released awhile ago, and it's supposed to be "medium" difficulty.

I just tested it out, and it's at least better than the default, and there is no annoying messages this time.

hollocopter

When I start a game with the "Medium" ai. Everybody starts with two town halls and twice the number of workers. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Gr!mm

Quote from: pynion on February 27, 2010, 07:45:50 PM

Front page of here mate, enjoy ;)

http://botdev.org/doku.php

pynion

why thank you.

Quote from: Gr!mm on February 27, 2010, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: pynion on February 27, 2010, 07:45:50 PM

Front page of here mate, enjoy ;)

http://botdev.org/doku.php

dodongbadong

its a little better than at first i was shock seeing stalker very early but still quite easy after breaking those 3 unit combination all done. i guess they should work on more unit production specially early units and maybe harass if they can.
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

creamsoda

ok, another AI mod got released, StarCrack's AI mod v3.0

WOW, what a huge improvement on the AI! This one is actually really nice.

chikopaws

anyone can tell me what is "UNSUPPORTED VERSION: Higher APM and AI cheating" in botdev sites??

what's the difference to the version 3??

madrussian190

Quote from: creamsoda on February 27, 2010, 11:55:59 PM
ok, another AI mod got released, StarCrack's AI mod v3.0

WOW, what a huge improvement on the AI! This one is actually really nice.

+1

PatouPower

Quote from: chikopaws on February 28, 2010, 12:28:26 AM
anyone can tell me what is "UNSUPPORTED VERSION: Higher APM and AI cheating" in botdev sites??

The version 3 is the default game, but with harder AI. If you want more challenge, take the second version (cheat/APM), I recommend it.

More APM means the computer will do more things at the same time, thus having a better macro and micro over his units. Cheating probably means that they have more minerals, construct faster or train units faster (like insane computers in most games).

I recommend the last one if you desire a bit more challenge without being impossible to beat  ;)

creamsoda

Quote from: PatouPower on February 28, 2010, 01:37:08 AM
Quote from: chikopaws on February 28, 2010, 12:28:26 AM

The version 3 is the default game, but with harder AI. If you want more challenge, take the second version (cheat/APM), I recommend it.

More APM means the computer will do more things at the same time, thus having a better macro and micro over his units. Cheating probably means that they have more minerals, construct faster or train units faster (like insane computers in most games).

I recommend the last one if you desire a bit more challenge without being impossible to beat  ;)

Are u sure about this? I tried both, and I believe the Starcrack v3.0 is HARDER than the Unsupported "AI cheating" version.

In the Starcrack v3.0 AI, the comps actually micro'ed their units, and attacked my base.

Noriym

Just tried the cheat/APM one and got rolled by the AI!  :D

AI came with mass Mutas and Hydras about 7 min in or so.  I think I may of had a chance if knew ahead of time but damn, was not expecting it to be so aggressive.

dodongbadong

hmmm where can i get that cheat/apm ai?

i played starcrack 3.0 and man so awesome ai does micro his mutas and make a decent amount of unit, though i think he is not really harasing immediately he stays on his ramp gathering all his unit there after few min. he started attcking and boom i was almost got owned. but i got tanks and bunker that time so ai no chance but really good attack though

hehehe

i want to try the apm and cheating ai where can i get that?
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-