Goosie's AI mod (discontinued)

Started by goosie, March 01, 2010, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbb24

This seemed like it was pretty good but really I had no troubles with it. The play as Zerg with the comp being Toss and really I had no issues at all. Everyone said the early game was awful so I didn't bother rushing. Just macro'd up. By the time Toss attacked me I had way to many units for it to deal with. Ya it cleared out my lings with the collasi but nothing else really. I had no problems with it and was never really scared. With the 5.5 I at least get rushed early game and have a chance where he could break me as long as I don't exploit the comp (12 scvs repairing a bunker or something like that). So in terms of overall difficulty I have to go with 5.5. This one seems ok and would be the better version if they attacked early game at all. But due to the lack of any kind of early game harassment I have to go with 5.5.

Venom

Great work Goosie, awesome stuff right here !

I only had the chance to try out SCV5.1 last evening before Goosie v4 tonight and was positively impressed by your AI.

I for one was very entertained. Played PvZ (my favorite, killing Zerg makes me shiver in excitement) and was surprised by the nice expansion & tech strategy the AI deploys.

He seemed to rely on zerglings, banelings and roaches for ground units then teching to Mutalisks and Corruptors. Not a super effective strategy imho, I actually won without any air units, but with plenty of Stalkers and High Templars.

Can't give you too much feedback after 1 game, but would like to say this was extremely fun and I am looking fw to future iterations. Keep up the great work !

pixartist

ReVoke

Quote from: Skylo on March 01, 2010, 06:44:04 AM
Dont spam here! Ppl will answer you if you post one time more likely , than if you post couple of times! (as well as in shoutbox) AND YOUR POSTING TO A THREAD THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR QUESTION!

Well, though, I installed the Starcraft 2 Beta yesterday and I'm sure its the 1st or 2nd patch then. I can play it the usual way...

Seems kinda spamish too imo, Where are the mods when we need them =p? i don't like modding forums ><
TXlzdCBpcyBteSBiaXRjaA==

^^ Base64, Decode it =) ^^

vitalsine

Great AI man. I enjoyed this much more than StarCrack 5.5. Ive only played a couple 1v1 matches so far, but I lost one TvZ pretty hard. No matter what I did I just couldnt escape haha. Cant wait to see more. Hopefully someone figures out how to make AI Teams soon.

*EDIT*

Ok, I just played Metalopolis 6x FFA by Syko with this AI mod. It was great! I played two matches. Lost both. haha. Im not the greatest SC player, but all the other AIs I have tried I beat almost every time. This one is a challenge. Enemies attack with more variety of units, and in different wave sizes. Unlike StarCrack this AI can go far into a game and still work well.

Few things I noticed:
- AI likes to branch off early and start sub-bases everywhere. I found myself having to move my base because of an attack, only to find that there was nowhere to go. At least close enough to fly to. (Terran)

- AI puts up a fight for the High Cap minerals on the x6 Metalopolis map.

- On several occasions I find the AI in an all out war with other Computer players. Cool to see. I was moving in on one base, and saw two AI players going at it for a secondary location.

- Seems like all Races are similar in difficulty. Dont find that neither P/Z/T are superior in this AI.

Not sure if my comments will help anyone. But that is what I noticed. Im going to stick with this AI. Let ya know if I come across anything worth noting!

Thanks!

killabyte

i've tried all of them.  this one actually beat me a couple times because i underestimated it.  it seems as if the AI loves to attack one another then me.  i played 3 different times in a row and this happened.  otherwise definitely a step in the right direction.

koolitseric

:) doesn't retreat, had fun with killing 10 zealots with 2 stalker and blink.

Jak

Quote from: killabyte on March 02, 2010, 11:06:06 PM
i've tried all of them.  this one actually beat me a couple times because i underestimated it.  it seems as if the AI loves to attack one another then me.  i played 3 different times in a row and this happened.  otherwise definitely a step in the right direction.

i was playing this version for the first time...and i was underestimating it too....then on a 3 way ffa i was fending off toss with ground units and suddenly terran came with 8 bcs from the back and woop my ass.....scare the shit out of me...then played a tvz...i build some dts and the computer couldnt figure out how to see cloak units.....it kept sending overlords to my dts lol...overlords not overseers...so i back off for a while....like 10-15 mins and came back, still no detectors

goosie

Quote from: Jak on March 03, 2010, 12:37:46 AM
Quote from: killabyte on March 02, 2010, 11:06:06 PM

i was playing this version for the first time...and i was underestimating it too....then on a 3 way ffa i was fending off toss with ground units and suddenly terran came with 8 bcs from the back and woop my ass.....scare the shit out of me...then played a tvz...i build some dts and the computer couldnt figure out how to see cloak units.....it kept sending overlords to my dts lol...overlords not overseers...so i back off for a while....like 10-15 mins and came back, still no detectors

I'll fix detectors for next version.

Protoss is quite good, terran is decent, zerg sucks balls. The Zerg AI is damn near useless in this. I suggest you steal the Zerg build order from V5.5.

turdburgler

Quote from: 1337 on March 03, 2010, 04:35:01 AM
Protoss is quite good, terran is decent, zerg sucks balls. The Zerg AI is damn near useless in this. I suggest you steal the Zerg build order from V5.5.

It's not the build order in particular that makes zerg strong in 5.5.

H1gh

how to run it if I have 5.5 installed already? I have 3 launchers.. but... there is a folder "trigger" or smth like that, wtf? ;d

pixartist

expanded too much, had too few units

Timid_Turtler

First of all, great work. Lost the first few games until i got a feel for how this AI runs, (mostly TvZ  :'( )

However, i was watching the replays of the last game that i won, and i found a few blatantly obvious problems (this one was TvT).

They didn't make enough supply depots, their population cap stayed at around 80-90 for the ENTIRE GAME.

Mid-Late game, their 3rd/4th/5th expansion did not have ANY workers at it for the remainder of the game. I'm not sure if this was stemming from not enough supply depots or not.

Late game just made nothing but battlecruisers. really a let down because before then they were making thors, rauders, and rines, kind of giving me a run for my money, (no seige tanks though).

Hope this helps!

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Great work! I didn't try this because I thought it wouldnt be as good as Starcrack, but I was wrong. I am probably C- Iccup player with 130-150 apm and, haven't lost to any AI yet. But I lost to your AI on the 6 player metalopolis map. I was being harassed by 3 diff computers and I was playing zerg. They did very well by constantly sending harassment towards my mineral line.
For people lookin for a challenge, this is better than 5.5 IMO. But you have to be in the base with two entrances, because then you have to fight 2 comps for expos, and get attacked much much more. People are finding 1v1s too easy (which they are, for all AIs), try the 6 player map and restart till u spawn on the base with two entrances. That is probably the biggest challenge I've seen so far.

Great job.