[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chikopaws

Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 09, 2010, 12:03:49 AM
Quote from: matrixn on March 08, 2010, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Darkunknown2 on March 08, 2010, 06:36:45 PM
I love this GUI, but for some reason it won't work.  It will turn on with no errors, but then when i start it it goes to a loading and crashes.  It works with other launchers. Windows 7 32-bit.

Try to delete the settings.ini and then run the launcher as administrator : Right click on it> Run as Administrator...> Click Ok and it should work.

If is still not working check if you have those files in same directory as Starcraft II Beta Launcher:

• MpqLib.dll
  • MagickNet.dll
  • lazylaunch2.exe
and very important is that you should check if you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your pc. if not you can download it for the Windows7 x86 edition directly from the microsoft.com webpage.

It still didn't work. I don't know what else to do. I reinstalled SC2 Beta and tried every patch. And i have all the DLL's.

hmm.. I think this is quite similar with my problem yesterday.. I just start a map and the loading is too slow until it crashed..

I reinstalled my sc2 beta and use this launcher until now..you shouldnt change launcher too often.. I think that's causing this problem.

and try to install .net 3.5 and untick the use internet box.
and install it in default directory

Dubfire

omg, we are getting close to a 100.000 views for this topic only!
And, soon, i see we are going to get some teams, and player starting positions as well.

keep up the good work ;)

97664 Views currently

2g4u

Btw is Valkirie still working on this ? He hasn't posted anything in a while, I hope he hasn't given up this project. For me this is the best launcher(has got all the features that I want plus it has nice GUI). And if Valkirie adds the team option, it would be defo the tool which everyone will use.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Wormbeast

It looks really good I have to say. It is almost perfect. All it needs it to have an option to adjust the game speed.

Also, currently I have having problems connection to the server which returns a 500 internal error so I an only assume something happened to the server. If a message could pop up that says "Could not connect to server" or something like that instead of the .net framework error that would be awesome.

Kevkev88

Quote from: Wormbeast on March 09, 2010, 05:51:28 AM
It looks really good I have to say. It is almost perfect. All it needs it to have an option to adjust the game speed.

Also, currently I have having problems connection to the server which returns a 500 internal error so I an only assume something happened to the server. If a message could pop up that says "Could not connect to server" or something like that instead of the .net framework error that would be awesome.

Just press + for game speed to increase and - for it to decrease.

programm

Quote from: Zezariz on March 08, 2010, 05:14:07 PM
Quote from: Valkirie on March 08, 2010, 05:12:33 PM
I think you should stop posting GUI on this topic. If you want you can make your own launcher or PM me skins if you want me to look at them. But don't flame this topic with PNG, SWF from something that can't definitely be used as a GUI. Thanks.
sorry  :(

Why are you all competing in the 1st place? Why not make a single godly launcher than work with 5 launchers and ppl get confused which to use?

Kevkev88

Maybe if there all competing we will get better stuff as it could motivate them all to be #1. By the way, if someone makes LAN then they are and always will be #1 in my books.

NJim

Hey, awesome tool.
Played for about 2 hours straight, doing various matchups and just generally having a blast, then decided to take a break.

Tried to play again, but now whenever I run the launcher i get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.ReadingMapInfo()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__8(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at WindowsApplication1.FileIO.LoadSettings()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.Form1_Load()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and so on

How can I fix this? It was working perfectly just before..?

kurupted

Big thanks to matrixn for the hint, I couldn't use the launcher for a while but  did as you said (deleted the config file + ran as administrator(. It worked.

Then I had problems with running AI v6.1, also followed your instructions to put em properly in the folder and it worked. Cheers man.

matrixn

Quote from: kurupted on March 09, 2010, 06:55:03 AM
Big thanks to matrixn for the hint, I couldn't use the launcher for a while but  did as you said (deleted the config file + ran as administrator(. It worked.

Then I had problems with running AI v6.1, also followed your instructions to put em properly in the folder and it worked. Cheers man.

i`m glad that i could help  ;D

Hoopla

Quote from: NJim on March 09, 2010, 06:47:29 AM
Hey, awesome tool.
Played for about 2 hours straight, doing various matchups and just generally having a blast, then decided to take a break.

Tried to play again, but now whenever I run the launcher i get

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.ReadingMapInfo()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__8(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at WindowsApplication1.FileIO.LoadSettings()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main.Form1_Load()
   at WindowsApplication1.Main._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and so on

How can I fix this? It was working perfectly just before..?

Don't expect any help from these people anytime soon. Might as well just move on to a better WORKING launcher.

juboaku

i like this launcher..but for some reason my lazylauncher2.exe stop working (maybe because my antivirus).. so to get it working i must rename it to something else..this is the problem i can't get this beta launcher detect my lazylauncher, i hope the next version it will give the pointer to the exe if it can't detect the lazylauncher.
sorry for my bad englieshcshhs

matrixn

Quote from: juboaku on March 09, 2010, 07:37:02 AM
i like this launcher..but for some reason my lazylauncher2.exe stop working (maybe because my antivirus).. so to get it working i must rename it to something else..this is the problem i can't get this beta launcher detect my lazylauncher, i hope the next version it will give the pointer to the exe if it can't detect the lazylauncher.
sorry for my bad englieshcshhs

What antivirus do you have? On most antiviruses you can ad exceptions.. so.. i suggest to look and see if you can find the exceptions section and ad lazylauncher2.exe to exception list

juboaku

Quote from: matrixn on March 09, 2010, 08:10:11 AM
What antivirus do you have? On most antiviruses you can ad exceptions.. so.. i suggest to look and see if you can find the exceptions section and ad lazylauncher2.exe to exception list

actually i have added it to exceptions section when the first time i've dowloaded the lazylauncher2.exe..im using kaspersky and it detected it as virus so no problem with it. it is so weird its only working when i rename the file or change to other folder..thanks for reply, i get it working now after i added starcraft II.exe to exlusions...man this is so weird lol

matrixn

Quote from: juboaku on March 09, 2010, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: matrixn on March 09, 2010, 08:10:11 AM

actually i have added it to exceptions section when the first time i've dowloaded the lazylauncher2.exe..im using kaspersky and it detected it as virus so no problem with it. it is so weird its only working when i rename the file or change to other folder..thanks for reply, i get it working now after i added starcraft II.exe to exlusions...man this is so weird lol

have you tryed to disable the kaspersky and check if is working without renaming the file?