AMAI2 - V0.23

Started by Zalamander, March 16, 2010, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zalamander

Updated version of Advanced Melee AI 2. 0.23

Design: Zalamander
Lead Programmer: AIAndy

Many new strategies added and more random gameplay.
It will also try to counter what units you build and now builds out to late game.

Uploading three versions:
Normal(None Cheating)
Cheating(Pray you wont go up against zerg)
Developer Edition(DE, For thoes who rather just use the script files)

Enjoy.

We also would like to announce that we seek help if anyone are interested in learning a bit of scripting and have good ideas and motivation to help improve Advanced Melee AI 2, don't hesitate to contact me.
Being good at playing SC2 is also a strong merit.

Dream

anyone tested that version?

blabla7

I only played few games so far against the cheating zerg AI TvZ and really like it. Quite nice harrasment and from what i can say so far probably the best zerg ai i played. Expanding the weakpoint like its said in the readme but definately worth a try. Can't say anything about T or P Ai though yet

ooni

Zerg AI was pretty good. Probably slightly better than 6.1.1
-I had no AA and AI's muta had chance to so much damage in my base. When I attacked his base AI decided to defend his base. This seems to be a recurring problem with AIs.

Protoss AI was horrible. It went stalkers. They were demolished. Then went void rays when I went mass marines. Just bad.

Terran AI. Can't say much, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

The AIs moved back A LOT. Probably need to fix this, though this was not a major concern.

Redshore

Thanks for the hardwork.
I played this AI many times, the AI has a pre set strategic, for example, AI would either mass Immortals (or Stalkers), this makes the AI has no defence to Air units at all, i think pre set strategic is good but they should be able to respond to player's action.
Terran AI has the same problem.
Zerg AI is good at harassment.
The AI seems have unlimited resource even they have not expansion.

blabla7

Quote from: ooni on March 16, 2010, 08:29:38 PM
The AIs moved back A LOT. Probably need to fix this, though this was not a major concern.
Yep this, and the AI often does some kind of a runby but then doesn't attack with the units.

emylgoth

I'm very impressed... It brings a lot of improvements, nice lates and keeps the gorgeous harassment. I love it.  ;D

Kernel64

The toss AI isn't using Chrono Boost. :(

Holyhorror

I allready talked with Zalamander about this... use the DE (Developer) version and it will work... there is hopefully soon coming a fix/upgrade.
Till then use the developer version ;) (It also has the hard/normal version)

FakeSauroN-UA

Today I've played Z(me) vs T(comp) on Desert Oasis. I've noticed that comp haven't made ANY anti-air unit, so I managed to annihilate him with just 3 mutas. Comp has built only Marauders, Banshees, Ravens and some tanks. The only AA thing he had - turrets, but still not enough of them near Command Center - it was totally undefended.
Comp had awesome anti-ground/anti-armored forces but his anti-air really sucked.
I like this AI, it's way more challenging than 6.1.1 but needs some work.
Thanx for reading.

Chriamon

Very impressive AI, it is very fun to play against, and it seems that it now has some variety in its build order choices. The standard(non-cheating) AI is almost an even match for me, I have to be on top of my game to beat it, assuming I play standard and don't exploit the AIs weaknesses.

The only real weaknesses the AI has are mentioned in the readme, bad at expanding, bad at switching tech, weak mid-late game switch. I've found on most maps I can beat it by setting up a contain and macroing up (I play zerg btw) until late game and harass with air. I noticed it fails to get anti air quick enough after detecting air units sometimes, a toss I played actually resorted to making DTs and transforming them into archons.

All in all, very fun, and, I was wondering, if one were interested in helping out scripting (or even just messing around on their own), what files would be the easiest ones to start out modifying?

Zalamander

Im sorry to dissapoint you all with lack any real updates or effort put in this AI, tho it might seems like we dont care about it. It's actualy very much the opposite.

These early versions of AMAI where merly prototypes to test how strategies work out while the real AMAI was under development. However the real AMAI2 "AI engine" is about to wake up soon so I havent bothered working anything on this old crap and we ar now focusing everything on getting the real one rolling.

It will sadly still be some time at least 2-3 weeks from now before a public version will be seen, but it will be something completely different, especialy from a developer standpoint.
I cant guarantee the new one will be a challenging opponent from the start, thats still uncertain, but it will have a much greater potential to become a real pro beater, that is a fact.

LOSTKnight

Good news,thanks for the creative work.

Eragon

Very good AI, only that AI moves too much back and forward :(, but overall, bery GOOD !!!

jason_born

0.01 was really a surprise to me as the first version of AMAI but it seems v0.23 didn't make much improvement. Looking forward to the next release. :)