Do any of the launchers support the new blizz and custom maps???

Started by Shankems2000, April 24, 2010, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shankems2000

I finally got beyond the infinite looping problem from patches 9 and 10, only to run into another problem. No matter what launcher I use, it seems that I get errors trying to play a skirmish on any of the new maps by blizz or custom maps made with the editor. Any idea what's going on? Are the maps working for anybody else? If so, what launcher are you using?

Corosus

None yet from what I can tell, I hope they don't all have keys yet and someone will update their launcher soon :(

Here have some Patch 8 compatible BGH in the meantime :) http://sc2.nibbits.com/maps/project/74591/big-game-hunters-patch-8

Mustachio

one thing i have found is, that you can not open files unless they are .sc2map files.
where as some launchers only recognize .s2ma files.

just go into your settings and allow manual changing of the files extention.
it works because all the maps i had where s2ma files and i changed them into sc2map files for the editor.

what launcher are you using to run SC2 with patch 9 or 10?

apriores

I'm using Zoxc's launcher and it can launch only one of the newest maps: Incineration Zone. You need to use patch 9 or above to play it and default Blizzard's AI (No mod).
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-launcher/

Can launch the new Scrap Station too (same conditions).

Shankems2000

Quote from: Mustachio on April 25, 2010, 05:13:08 AM
one thing i have found is, that you can not open files unless they are .sc2map files.
where as some launchers only recognize .s2ma files.

just go into your settings and allow manual changing of the files extention.
it works because all the maps i had where s2ma files and i changed them into sc2map files for the editor.

what launcher are you using to run SC2 with patch 9 or 10?

I'm using zoxc's launcher and no matter what I change the file extension to, the maps either load without AI, or the Launcher just freezes up. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until someone decides to make a new launcher that's compatible with all of the new maps and new patches. Until then, I'll just be playing on the old maps.

Thx guys

Mustachio

Quote from: Shankems2000 on April 25, 2010, 05:53:38 AM

I'm using zoxc's launcher and no matter what I change the file extension to, the maps either load without AI, or the Launcher just freezes up. I guess I'm just going to have to wait until someone decides to make a new launcher that's compatible with all of the new maps and new patches. Until then, I'll just be playing on the old maps.

Thx guys

yea im having that exact same problem it might work using different versions but i think someone needs to make a new one. guess blizz got us there.

Vernam7

check in 10 hours for the new allin1 launcher version 799 it will support custom maps andsome other stuff go to nibbits.com for more info

thepitster

battcor

Quote from: Shankems2000 on April 24, 2010, 08:49:53 PM
I finally got beyond the infinite looping problem from patches 9 and 10, only to run into another problem. No matter what launcher I use, it seems that I get errors trying to play a skirmish on any of the new maps by blizz or custom maps made with the editor. Any idea what's going on? Are the maps working for anybody else? If so, what launcher are you using?

I used StarCrack ALLin1 9.4, Cache Files, with Latest SC2 Patch and it works fine..

Here is a tutorial: http://blizzard-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/05/starcrack-allin1-94-beta-download.html