ZOOM mod for Bnet use????

Started by Organized_Chaos, April 28, 2010, 08:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organized_Chaos

Can someone please let me know if anyone has figured out a way to use ANY zoom mod on bnet?  I don't think it should be called a hack at all, because zooming out 20% is not cheating at all.  It should be called a mod.

The default zoom is driving me fkn crazy - the furthest zoom setting (default @ game start) is WAY too close!! Before I got into the beta, my offline zoom hack was working perfectly - I even customized all the values myself in the CameraData file within the Base file in the core folders.  I set about a 15% further zoom out, and changed the angle to more of an overhead view (70 deg), and it was PERFECT!!!

It's not working at all on Bnet however  :bangshead: Before the game finishes loading (pre-game loading screen), it keeps disconnecting me and crashes to the desktop with a desync error.  Maybe it won't desync if the zoom hack is applied AFTER the game starts?

lmaorofl

Weren't you just saying in the Maphack thread how you hated cheaters?
I hate to break it to you, but you are a walking contradiction.
If you don't understand how seeing more than your opponent can is an advantage, then you clearly don't realize that you are cheating.

(Hint hint: it's not a mod. It's a hack.)

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: lmaorofl on April 28, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
Weren't you just saying in the Maphack thread how you hated cheaters?
I hate to break it to you, but you are a walking contradiction.
If you don't understand how seeing more than your opponent can is an advantage, then you clearly don't realize that you are cheating.

(Hint hint: it's not a mod. It's a hack.)

Yes, I was saying I hate cheaters, and I do!  You don't even realize what you're saying.  A zoom mod is NOTHING like a map hack.  Ever hear of fog of war?!?  Even if I zoomed ALL the way out (which I definitely would NEVER do because you wouldn't even be able to see individual units) all I would see is a black map, and only areas that my units are actually located in.

Maphack lets you see the entire map with NO fog of war.  Seriously, it's a night and day difference - no comparison.

Not only that, if you would have bothered to even read my post, I said 15% zoom out, and change the angle a little - if you passed 5th grade math, you'd know that's a very marginal zoom, and would give me absolutely no edge in the game over my opponent, ESPECIALLY when there's still fog of war.  ::)