Goosie's AI mod (discontinued)

Started by goosie, March 01, 2010, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosie

V4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?mkj5zojqz2u (tons of small tweaks, no more twitchy retreats looks like)

If you had StarCrack or any other AI mods use this instead: http://www.mediafire.com/?2nenlfbjtjf (v4) (put the Base.SC2Data file into SC2\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\)

Unzip into SC2 installation directory. glhf!

AI has normal resource gathering rate, can only see map via scouting, and can expand. It will build workers and use build orders similar to human players, so expect multiple production buildings, stationary base defenses etc. AI performs better on larger maps due to current inability to deal with early rushes very well.

ooni

Diphoria

Just had a go with this, and its looking good.

P rushed zealots at the start and managed to stay alive by repairing the supply depot.
From there, they sent in armies and i'm not sure if its a limitation of the engine but it seems as soon as you run in with any force which looks bigger they do that weird dance where they take a step forward, then run away.

Saw a good number of units including colossus but game didn't go on much longer as i came in with my army and pretty much wiped em out.

Probably would of lost if they didn't do the whole running away thing as I was able to pick off a large chunk of their forces.

Definitely my favourite AI so far and i've pretty much tried them all.

creamsoda

Quote from: Diphoria on March 01, 2010, 04:58:55 AM
Just had a go with this, and its looking good.

P rushed zealots at the start and managed to stay alive by repairing the supply depot.
From there, they sent in armies and i'm not sure if its a limitation of the engine but it seems as soon as you run in with any force which looks bigger they do that weird dance where they take a step forward, then run away.

Saw a good number of units including colossus but game didn't go on much longer as i came in with my army and pretty much wiped em out.

Probably would of lost if they didn't do the whole running away thing as I was able to pick off a large chunk of their forces.

Definitely my favourite AI so far and i've pretty much tried them all.

So would you say that it is better than Starcrack's AI v5.0?

@goosie, who made this map?

Radiek

Who made this AI ? this one was so great i am sorry but the 5.0 ai is nothing against this one this one i had some good fights they pushed at start with a small grp but i could hold them off but later they keep pushing but i build a nice army and pushed them back very nice ai

NefiX

Can you make it into one Base.SC2Data file? It will work with beta launcher so I can choose AI easily.

creamsoda

I just played against this.. and it is definitely NOT better than starcrack's v5.0 AI.

First game PvZ, I killed the zerg early game with a few zealots..

Second game TvP, I made 5 barracks and killed the toss easily using marines.

I like starcrack's v5.0 AI more.

Soreas

Hi where are you putting this files pleasE?and must we delete v4 ai in the folder before??thanks

kassen

well the
Quote from: creamsoda on March 01, 2010, 06:01:47 AM
I just played against this.. and it is definitely NOT better than starcrack's v5.0 AI.

Quote from: creamsoda on March 01, 2010, 06:01:47 AM

well if you rush ai it is always easy

ooni

I played it.

Which AI might people prefer?
Analysis of two AIs
Let's divide the game in to four parts
Early Phase
Middle Game
Late Game
End Game

v5.0
The v5.0 AIs by Starcrack are mediocre Early Phase and has strong Middle Game. But due to their overwhelming resource consumption early/middle game they suffer in Late game. Of course if you don't kill your enemy, End game it has enough to mass spam units and it fairs well (though somewhat limited to fixed amount of structures).

This AI
This one has horrible Early Phase but has good Middle and Late game. It does not consume a lot of resources early game making the overall game stronger (but spends so little that AI just gets pwned by tier 1 rush). Haven't played End game with this AI yet. If the maker of this AI can find a way to spend more resources if the enemy isn't teching and rushing then this will be a great AI.

Bad things about both of AI (a.k.a. suggestions)
Both AIs suffer in terms of moving their units back when they are able to win the battle and not moving back when they will subsequently lose.

They are too predictable. They never counter (I know AIs are still WIP but this would be a good idea), in fact they have the exact same build every time.

I mentioned earlier there are strengths/weaknesses in different stages of the AIs, when playing v5.0 you will tech, and when playing against this one you will rush.
Though they are still pretty easy if you choose to play in any other way. I mean why attack a bunker when there are 10 SCVs repairing it, wouldn't Blizzard hard code it so that the enemy units would attack the SCVs first? It's a shame, looks like Blizzard hasn't finished basics of AI movements/priorities yet(not even close). I hope they do by June.

My Thoughts on this AI?
I like it. I say 50:50 juxtaposed with v5.0.

Soreas

I mean is it possible to play with the latest patch of blizzard(the second)?
I m asking since few days never get an answer who can answer me please?

Skylo

Dont spam here! Ppl will answer you if you post one time more likely , than if you post couple of times! (as well as in shoutbox) AND YOUR POSTING TO A THREAD THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR QUESTION!

Well, though, I installed the Starcraft 2 Beta yesterday and I'm sure its the 1st or 2nd patch then. I can play it the usual way...

chetjan

creamsoda

Quote from: ooni on March 01, 2010, 06:33:27 AM
I played it.

Which AI might people prefer?
Analysis of two AIs
Let's divide the game in to four parts
Early Phase
Middle Game
Late Game
End Game

v5.0
The v5.0 AIs by Starcrack are mediocre Early Phase and has strong Middle Game. But due to their overwhelming resource consumption early/middle game they suffer in Late game. Of course if you don't kill your enemy, End game it has enough to mass spam units and it fairs well (though somewhat limited to fixed amount of structures).

This AI
This one has horrible Early Phase but has good Middle and Late game. It does not consume a lot of resources early game making the overall game stronger (but spends so little that AI just gets pwned by tier 1 rush). Haven't played End game with this AI yet. If the maker of this AI can find a way to spend more resources if the enemy isn't teching and rushing then this will be a great AI.

Bad things about both of AI (a.k.a. suggestions)
Both AIs suffer in terms of moving their units back when they are able to win the battle and not moving back when they will subsequently lose.

They are too predictable. They never counter (I know AIs are still WIP but this would be a good idea), in fact they have the exact same build every time.

I mentioned earlier there are strengths/weaknesses in different stages of the AIs, when playing v5.0 you will tech, and when playing against this one you will rush.
Though they are still pretty easy if you choose to play in any other way. I mean why attack a bunker when there are 10 SCVs repairing it, wouldn't Blizzard hard code it so that the enemy units would attack the SCVs first? It's a shame, looks like Blizzard hasn't finished basics of AI movements/priorities yet(not even close). I hope they do by June.

My Thoughts on this AI?
I like it. I say 50:50 juxtaposed with v5.0.

Interesting. That's a very good analysis of both AI's! Maybe I'll give this one more time to build, to see how well it does

Edit: starcrack v5.1 AI just got released. woot!