Hardest AI?

Started by Whitefang, March 06, 2010, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitefang

Hey what's the hardest AI available that's not cheating?

I played the 1337 AI and it seemed alright but I still crushed it. Thanks.

omerbenamram

Try Starcrack 6 cheating if you're looking for a challenge

mx420

agreed, if you want a challenge, you have to go against a cheating ai.  I dont really know much about coding but i dont think it would be possible to make a non cheating ai THAT goood. atleast if it could be done,  you wont be seeing that exact release anytime soon, somthing like that would take a lot of time.

There are some mega fags on here that complain about the cheating ai being too easy, but for the casual RTS player,  the cheating AI is pretty damn good. I can beat it, but i have to pay attention. right now, v6 is the best ive seen out. very beatable, but you can also get walked if your not paying attention.

synic03

Quote from: mx420 on March 06, 2010, 12:34:06 PM
agreed, if you want a challenge, you have to go against a cheating ai.  I dont really know much about coding but i dont think it would be possible to make a non cheating ai THAT goood. atleast if it could be done,  you wont be seeing that exact release anytime soon, somthing like that would take a lot of time.

There are some mega fags on here that complain about the cheating ai being too easy, but for the casual RTS player,  the cheating AI is pretty damn good. I can beat it, but i have to pay attention. right now, v6 is the best ive seen out. very beatable, but you can also get walked if your not paying attention.

what this guy said.

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

Goosies cheating version of 5.5 is better than cheating 6.0

cloak123

Right now i just Play Defend your base from scratch style. Enables me to test microing and lets the comp build up to mass carriers etc!

kme

Try the AMAI. You will probably still win, but it will be more fun.

claushouse

starcrack 6.1 is the hardest non-cheating AI at the moment, its quite competent, but not overly difficult.

im just thankful there is a great community working hard to crack SCII and create AI's for us to play the game. Great AI is just a bonus!

cyricc

Even thought 6.1 cheating is the "hardest" its still not what you are looking for. All of these AI's are easily beaten, especially with a cannon rush, that's sad.

blabla7

"especially with a cannon rush, that's sad."
fail... just play std against the A.I.... why would you want to cannon rush lol..
And if its still too easy play 1vs2 or 1vs3 team with this launcher http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starlauncher-v0-3-with-team-setting-colorrace-selection-slot-changing/

kinki

Quote from: cyricc on March 09, 2010, 07:59:16 PM
Even thought 6.1 cheating is the "hardest" its still not what you are looking for. All of these AI's are easily beaten, especially with a cannon rush, that's sad.

Dont be ubsurd.... of course you can cheese the AI, you cant call this coding easy or bad for not reacting like a human would to a cannon rush. 

You really just can't please some people.

6.1.1 cheating is the most difficult AI out there.  You need to have your build orders tight in the beginning to defend the rush and it teaches you to counter push.  Without good countering the AI will send a bigger force than you are eventually able to defend against and it makes sustaining a natural very difficult.

Sure there are things you can do to glitch the AI out, using height for example.  The AI responds poorly to height advantage and will generally just push through what any human would see as a bad situation.  The AI is not going to warp prism zeolots onto your tanks, its an AI.

However, with all that said, simply DL it play it but with standard builds.  Saying it's easy because you can cannon rush it is completely irrelivent and besides the point.

klaretos

I wonder if Blizzard's final AI when the game is released is smarter than Starcrack's 6.1.1 or 7.0 version... Compared to WC3's very hard Blizzard AI, how does starcrack stand? I remember Blizzard used to cheat by knowing your location on WC3

turdburgler

Quote from: cyricc on March 09, 2010, 07:59:16 PM

Quotethat's sad.

Oh the irony.

:D

ProoM

Cheating AI isn't something like, he has "999999999999 resources and 0 build time". Cheating AI get's x2 resources and he has vision (doesn't have to scout). Keeping in mind that the current non cheating AI is pretty weak, cheating AI would be around the real players skill, so it's definitely worth a try out :}.

comando123

Quote from: Whitefang on March 06, 2010, 11:51:32 AM
Hey what's the hardest AI available that's not cheating?

I played the 1337 AI and it seemed alright but I still crushed it. Thanks.

in starcraft 1 the ai cheated with map vision, the extra resource rate of cheating ai isnt that big of an improvement it just means they will be slightly faster at getting units out therefore making it near impossible to rush them (atleast with my abilities anyway)

but if you want a challenge go against v6.1.1 cheating AI that one by far is one of the most difficult ive played. they still "scout" you but it still wont matter its an AI and the AI wont abuse the "map hack" to the extent that a player would.