Error Running the Beta on VirtualBox VM

Started by shep123, March 20, 2010, 11:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shep123

Here's what I'm working with...  Mac OSX laptop running Snow Leopard with VirtualBox VM running Windows XP. 

• I downloaded the beta, installed successfully, patched successfully. 
  • Downloaded LazyLauncher v2 along with the basic maps
  • When I run LazyLauncher and select a map I get the following error:  "The procedure entry point GetProcessId could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" and my journey promptly ends.  I then have to force quit lazylauncher.
I checked to ensure that DLL actually exists in my system32 folder, but any further troubleshooting is a bit beyond me.  Does a VM even need to load this file?  Do they handle protected memory differently and perhaps thats why the information is not being found?  Further searching online has been fruitless as well.

I do have the game working fine on my desktop which is running Windows XP as its primary OS.

Feel free to skip the anti-mac sarcasm  : )  I'm a man of many tastes and was hoping someone could shed some light!  I spend most of my time on the laptop and would love to get it working as I travel quite a bit.

Cheers

cloak123

i was under the impression sc2 does not work on mac even with a emulator.

shep123

Well right now it definitely appears so, but I've had success running other games and apps through a virtual machine so I haven't given up hope yet...