StarCrack AI Official Feedback Thread (V5.5)

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 09:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rackdude

Quote from: Happy-I-am on March 02, 2010, 04:49:39 PM
Quote from: Kiamberm on March 02, 2010, 04:45:47 PM
Can anyone give me some tips? I'm using v3 AI because that's the easiest I could find, but I still get owned. I just can't seem to get units out as fast as the AI can. :/ you guys complain that the AI is to easy, and yet I can't even win 1 match against version 3

Can someone please give me some advice/tips?

have 10 workers getting minerals, have one working build 2 pop increasing buildings(overseer for zerg) then build a unit building building, train units and expand resources etc.

10 workers? Sigh... Ok, go on TeamLiquid.net and watch the Day[9] daily. It's Tasteless's bro and he knows what he's talking about. Also watch some Artosis and David Kim vods, you'll know what to do.

The optimal worker count has been measured to be 24, but you should get more than that for maynarding purposes. Which means just as before, constant probes (but now with chrono).

Please make these AI MUCH harder. I'm only a D/D+ on ICCUP and I can take down these 1v3 no problem. I wonder what someone who isn't a noob could do to these AI...

If you still cannot win after reading up all of Liquipedia about general starcraft play and learning everything from Day[9] (and also playing ICCUP until your APM is at least 100 so you can actually build stuff...), then just 15nex. It should work on the computers quite easily. If you're too scared of that, try a 10/15 gate into 18 FE. I found that gives a safe expand with 3 zealots.

sublime

I have been lurking awhile taking advantage of everyones work...just wanted to say my thanks.

fwiw, for those of you saying the AI is way too easy because it runs back and fourth (i agree)....i would just suggest not blocking off your entrance. just try to win that way. i know that most people would never bother to do that with terran but if you want an easy and fun way to practice micro without ganking the AI, just don't block it off. we also don't know what the final release of this game is going to look like. maybe some ladder maps don't have ramps and/or small choke points? blocking entrance is a valid strat and definitely should be used for testing purposes, but atm it is like cheating, so if you are bored with what is available now, just don't block it off and enjoy a pretty good fight...

thanks again to all who are developing this AI...it has been fun to learn the game offline and try to practice what i have learned in some of these replays. can't wait to test myself against some real people

Sami

I dont like the new version, because protoss and terran only build air units in mid game, they prefer vikins and carrier -.- and they only build this units no matter what i have. After 2 games it goes boring cause you can defeat him easy with anti air units. also i think he expand too much the bot spend all his minerals in exe's and buildings :/. Pls fix the new version.

all in all good work guys!  8)

2g4u

Ok my 10 cents(I am playing random since first day of maps with AI release, got 80-100 average APM depending on race and I am by no means pro Starcraft 1 player):

As protoss I only have a slight problems with the Zerg AI in the begging. After that it teachs, but it keeps spamming lower tier units,  or it might just be that Zerg late game is not that powerful. Terran and Toss AIs are easy as soon as I get some more cannons for defense, all goes smooth and start harassing them early. Still I never lost to an AI as protoss.

As terran, NONE of it is challenging, may be I shouldn't wall off my entrance, but this is what 99% of Terran players do. All of the AIs, should start doing some counters of the walling, like using Medivacs, Nudys Worms, Mass Recall. Otherwise they are just wasting their army pushing back and forward while getting owned by a few siege tanks. That being said I lost some games not walling, but still they are easy if you keep harassing them early(don't let them expand/or try to kill the expands).

As Zerg I easily own the Protoss AI, vs Zerg was fun until I found out the proper build and against Terran I am having hard time(as I should with all other races VS all other AIs). The Marines/Mara pushes are devastating, add some siege tanks and Vikings landing in your base and I was like WOW this is fun. Terran keeps beating me most of time but that is how an AI with 200+ APM should be.

/2g4u Out
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

Zhearsgu

I unfortunately don't have time to read through everything that has already been said so this might already been said...

Anyways terran Ai dose not repair buildings, you can go in and damage a building to critical level, leave his base and it will burn to the ground.

AI for all races seem to have problems dealing with cloaked units. You can almost always walk into their main with Dark templars and kill off cc, nexus or hatch. I've seen that they will build some detectors later on but it's way to late in my opinion.

creamsoda

imo, Turdburgler has made a VERY good AI.

experienced SC players will obviously find them to be easy.. but people who are new to SC will find them tough to beat.

Right now, all we need is a 1v3 or 1v5 AI mode. That would be Paradise for me.

Dream

Im new to this forums so I do now know how to do a quote yet.
Someone told in the 5 page, something about watching replies vs IA, I tryed out this method and it doesnt work , that displays the message Unable to loads the map. I have a copy of it in the both folders "needed". If anyone got a clue about it I would be very thankful.

krutoistudent

Quote from: Dream on March 02, 2010, 07:40:36 PM
Im new to this forums so I do now know how to do a quote yet.
Someone told in the 5 page, something about watching replies vs IA, I tryed out this method and it doesnt work , that displays the message Unable to loads the map. I have a copy of it in the both folders "needed". If anyone got a clue about it I would be very thankful.
you can not watch old replays, which was played before you put the maps in the right folder
and you need to start the games aswell from the right folder
it works fine for me

Chain[s]aw

Version 5.5 is good, a great improvement from previous versions... for some reason the computers never give up... i destroy their base and they manage to build another command center/hatchery/nexus somewhere else and hwen i destroy that they are building another one or 2.... So i do like their spirit of never giving up..

Another thing is that in metropolis when i had to cannnos on the edge of my base just above the wall and a huge army at my second expansion just next to it (you have to go to the expansion in order to get to the first base) for those who havent played metropolis). Anyways i had a huge zerg army coming at me, looking at my army and running away but while that is happening my cannons are shooting on them and picking them off while they run back and forth and i would use blink with stalkers to take out their back of their army while their running away. However i think my only critisism is to fix this problem, i want a full on battle instead of picking off their army.

However great version thanks :)

Rain[sun]

Its good, but I do agree with what many of the above people said; it'll be hard to get it up to scratch to 1v1 a human player, without cheating, so I think a 2v1 or more is what we need. On the other hand it makes for good practice runs and what not, I think we can all hold off until SC2 actually is released. Im just usin this AI to test how quickly and efficiently I can get to some of the more obscure builds, as they happen to be my favorite ones from SC:BW ;)
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

koolitseric

Quote from: creamsoda on March 02, 2010, 07:07:07 PM

experienced SC players will obviously find them to be easy.. but people who are new to SC will find them tough to beat.

1 v 7 is enough.

rackdude

Quote from: creamsoda on March 02, 2010, 07:07:07 PM

http://www.gamingnewslink.com/2010/02/28/tutorial-play-starcraft-2-beta-crack-with-ai-starcraft-2-beta-ai-maps/

There are maps for 1v3 here. Lost Temple is a good one because you probably already know it. However, 1v3 is still too easy! One of the problems is that if the computers meet eachother in the battlefield they will attack eachother... anyways, as Protoss if you have good macro you can still 15nex and then just control the middle and with good storms you can just laugh as all three of their waves easily die, and just starve them by repeatedly destroying the nats.

1v5 please and make them ally eachother.

What I really love is that they do employ drops on maps such as Lost Temple. When I had a roach drop on the island expansion I was impressed by the AI.

rackdude

And I'd like to say, don't be afraid to make it cheat. I know we cannot practice relative timings here (Day would be mad at the idea!) but the AI probably wouldn't get it perfect anyways so it doesn't matter. We just need macro/micro practice (and BO testing, more for strength than actual counters and timing pushes).

cheb

Its no good until AI know how to micro or they would lose every single battle

rackdude

I found one of their problems. I when I destoryed their bases they had like 5 gateways and 1 robo and a stargate. T was like 3 rax and 2 fac. They need WAYYY more gateways! I was on 12 gateways. No wonder they can't macro... and they need to expand.