IAI v2.2

Started by DarkZeros, March 18, 2010, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkZeros

Fixed all the bugs, still I have not added drop attacks. But its working much better than the othwr version v2.1.

Changelog:
Quote- Zerg tumors are builded in the "far" zones (if posible)
- Zerg opening fixed (get lost of zerglings very fast :P )
- Zerg upgrades (some of them)
- AI try to rebuild expansions
- Some harasement
- Some minor changes in all the things.

Enjoy!

PD: I know there is a issue with terran, building CCs

Instalation -> as usual. The config file can be deleted if you want. The devs verison, its a triggerlib folder, of the cheating version.
Alternative Mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/R5Y381M46Y
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

starcrafter64

Anyone able to give some clear differences (Pros/Cons) compared to 6.1.1?

If nobody posts, I'll do some testing and breakdown of my own this weekend.

henyojess

I am currently using SC2ALLin1 launcher version 3.6.3

How do I use this AI? I tried copying the IAI's Base.SC2Data to the SC2ALLin1 folder. I placed the IAI_Config.galaxy file in SC2 install folder.

When I use the launcher, I set the Difficulty to Change A.I. and configure the Easy difficulty setting to use the  IAI's Base.SC2Data.

Is this correct?

Consty

zerg ai seems to not produce much units =/ pretty much raped everything zerg did.

klaretos

Protoss AI is very good, better than 6.1.1 in my opinion but Zerg doesn't build enough army, after 6 minutes it only had like 5 zerglins and 2 roaches, maybe it builds too many drones and is very weak early.

DarkZeros

Thats true, zerg is a little bit weak at start it does not build almost troops. But in the other stages and races its working quite fine.

DarkZeros

Quote from: henyojess on March 19, 2010, 12:28:37 AM
I am currently using SC2ALLin1 launcher version 3.6.3

How do I use this AI? I tried copying the IAI's Base.SC2Data to the SC2ALLin1 folder. I placed the IAI_Config.galaxy file in SC2 install folder.

When I use the launcher, I set the Difficulty to Change A.I. and configure the Easy difficulty setting to use the  IAI's Base.SC2Data.

Is this correct?
I never used thhat launcher, but it should work.

mrdoctor

SOrry... potential noob question here..

Where do I place IAI_Config.glaxay

DarkZeros

Its not an essential file, the AI will work OK without it.
But if you want to place it anyway, the right place is under the starcraft II root folder.

Tripal

The AI seems decent. I observed few matches of it playing with himself (pun unintented).
Few flaws though:
- The AI is over aggressive with it's workers, even if he seems like having a larger force than the enemy it will charge head first with the workers.
- It takes a really long time for it to take the gases for it's expensions.

CraniX

DarkZeros  :thumbsup: Keep up the GREAT work IAI is so much fun to play against.

Starcraft 2 Hacking Development
http://hackdev.easyforum.ru

Sm1Ke

DarkZeros

ATM protoss is almost unbeatable, but terran and zerg are a little bit weak (specially zerg) in the game start.

Can sm1 give me a BO for terran and zerg (that uses zergling and marines at the start)? That could help.
I'm not a pro-Sc2 player ...

Kernel64

Edit:

For Terran, I think it wouldn't be smart to do a marine push, unless the toss is teching. If the AI uses double rax reactors, it should build bunkers at the front. Bunkers are essential, just after the OC comes with the second Mule.

BO: for double rax reactor...
8/11 Barracks
9-11 scv.
at 11/11 refinery, use two scvs.
Once barracks is complete, OC. supply still at 11/11.
second rax, then supply. reactor for first rax,
pump rines, then 2nd reactor.

The key here is mules. If it can be done, the AI building 3-5 bunkers at your choke will be enough to hold the player long enough for Ravens with missile. This is very easy to counter though.

First four rines should have bunker at the enemy choke, while there are   only 2-3zeals. So, it's not wise at all.

Rushes with Terrans should come from reapers, imo.

Not a pro as well. But try this:

10/10 drones
10/10 Overlord
10/18 Pool <-- do this first prior to 13drones
10/18 +3 drones
*once 13th drone is in production
13/18 extractor
wait...
Pool pops, etractor pops,
12/18 +6 lings, +queen, harvest gas(3)
17/18 make +1 lings, ovie
*make sure to harass with 4lings, but wait for a full 6lings before fully engaging
Upgrade ling speed whenever 100/100 min/gas is available, pumplings
(optional: make evo chamber, +2 drones.)

Idea is to limit the Protoss zealots one by one. However, a good human player can defeat this by:

8/10 +1pylon (boost on nexus for next two probes)
11/18 +1Gate (boost on nexus for next two probes)
13/18 +1Gate (do not boost on nexus)
15/18 +1Zealot, +1Pylon, +1 probe (boost on gate)
18/26 +2Zealot, (boost on gate) ...etc.

The ling attack comes at 3:30, at that time, 2 zeals should be out, then 3rd. Choke hold with 3-4 probes is very essential and would kill the lings fast, until more zeals, and stargate.

Phoenix should be the toss' main agenda, to get back at the zerg, and even defeat it quite easily.

That ling maneuver will work only if the zerg persists, and keep the attack front at 6lings vs 2 zeals at choke. With probes as zeal support, zerg should just maintain the harass, without risking his lings, limiting to 12 lings. The idea is to just keep those probes from harvesting minerals and gas. But when the 3rd zeal is out, then 4th, the toss should be safe.

Regardless, it seems to be a gamble. But with the evo chamber up, zerg should be able to shift to spore, expo, once the 16 zerglings are out and no success has been made at breaking the choke point. 16 lings will serve as defense against those zealots. If the enemy risks opening his choke, those lings can kill some probes, fast.

Hope this helps.

McNoob

I realy had an entertaining game with this ai. It was pretty decent ,but as said above the thing about the long time to use the gas is a probem. Overall 8/10