1337 AI V0.8 Preview

Started by 1337, March 05, 2010, 06:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEXT VERSION UPDATE:
Just a little progress update so you don't think I have gone away... ;) I am hard at work on the next version. I am currently on internal revision V0.5. If all goes as planned, the next released version should be v0.8 will contain all the new features for Protoss. v0.9 will be the complete Zerg refit (to match Protoss new state system). v1.0 will have all 3 races functioning under the new state system. This is a huge amount of code so it may take a little while, but I am still writing 100+ lines of code per day so progress is being made... I am leaving right now to go snowboarding for a couple days but I am going to bring my laptop so there should be more done when I get back.

IN PROGRESS/PLANNED FOR V0.8:
Completely new Protoss state system
AI knows what map it is playing on, its relative start location, and how many players are in the game
Fully parallel build system
Fully parallel train system
Adaptive resource management

SLATED FOR V0.9:
Zerg updated to new state system
Adaptive army composition (unit counters)
Intelligent army management (precision timing & formation maneuvers)

Protoss has some new tricks up its sleeve...

SLATED FOR V1.0:
Terran updated to new state system
P/Z have some new tricks up their sleeves...

DOWNLOAD THE OLD VERSION (0.2) HERE
Download Links
(megaupload is being gay)
(scroll to the bottom of the filefactory page to find the real download link, then scroll down again and wait)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b080190/n/1337_AI_v0.2_TriggerLibs_.zip      1337 AI v0.2 (TriggerLibs).zip
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0801c1/n/1337_AI_v0.2_Base.SC2Data_.zip      1337 AI v0.2 (Base.SC2Data).zip

Kingdom

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first as I've never seen your name, but after testing your AI I was pleased.

I played TvT; the AI's opening was fail, as you mentioned; immediately going for a command center before anything. But come mid-game he was sending wave after wave of good sized armies at me, with a good balance of units (marines, and siege tanks; then some battlecruisers even.)

I'd be interested in helping to work on AI, if you'd like to get me started, I would appreciate your e-mail or MSN so we could chat.

Edit: Tried vs Zerg, again; expos heavily early, I don't think I gave it enough time to start massing, since I went reapers. Will give it more time next time.

I have been testing my AI in 4-player FFA where it builds a barracks/spawning pool first... but apparently in 1v1 it expands first. I don't know why as I have specifically told it to build a spawning pool before expanding. It is designed to expand quickly, though.

Try testing the AI in 4-player FFA and see if the early game is more challenging. I will give it more extensive testing in 1v1 to work on the early game aspect.

If you want to work on the AI download a program called WinMPQ. Use it to open the Base.SC2Data and you can mess around with it. Or if you are using the other loader just go directly to the TriggerLibs folder and edit it. Basically the gist of the code for the Terran and Zerg are in the Terran0.galaxy and Zerg0.galaxy files. There are the different opening, mid, and late game scripts. The AI decides when to switch to the mid game/late game scripts at a completely arbitrary time, I haven't figured it out yet.

The Protoss AI has been mostly offloaded into the ProtossIAI.galaxy file which contains Darkzeros's custom code. I haven't completely read it yet so I don't know what to tell you.

Feel free to hack it out and send me your ideas or code. My email is: 1337 (at) vt (dot) edu

Or you can release your own AI if you feel you have written enough upgrades ;)

sublime

cloak123

I like your zerg, Quite dominate, and not too slow even though id like to see a pool some lings then expansion left it quite open other than , good work so far, Id like to see a future version where it will create more units etc.

as for the terran i did not like so much, i still think the ai in 5.5 is better due to microing, The terran was seige as It Was in the face of the enemy instead of way before etc. i did see some bc's but they choose too attack the lings as well instead of the mass muta barrage on them.

Nakeddan

I will test it out... i've been playing for Starcrack AI 5.5 for a couple days now and it would be nice to see the AI try something tricky... anyways lets try the damn thing out!

Kingdom

@cloak123

it was quite the opposite; when I vs'd some BC's, they decided to rip apart my thors right away; as well as their siege tanks having a good spread, and even un-siege when units came too close to fire. Had a good clump of marines backing the tanks up that focus'd my banshees before anything. Maybe just coincidence.

Also, it is quite common for zerg to expo before a spawning pool; though less practical in SC2, it still happens quite frequently. An AI that goes for the fast queen and uses Spawn Larva at every cooldown would be formidable though.

Quote from: Kingdom on March 05, 2010, 09:27:12 PMAn AI that goes for the fast queen and uses Spawn Larva at every cooldown would be formidable though.
Mine does ;) . I haven't figured out how to get 2 queens working at 2 bases yet though.

And yes both terran and zerg fast expand at the beginning. I'm not sure where this behavior is coming from actually, but next release will be completely new so it'll be gone.

Kingdom

From what I've seen so far, it only goes for an over-hat at the natural, before getting a queen. Then its queen -> ling/roach; haven't seen zerg enough after that to analyze what its done next.

Ludicrous

wow i just tested out ur ai and let it run into late game just to c how it was like....i got rapped like there was no tmr by ur zerg. they came in with a bunch of lings, rouches, ultras, shit load of mutes!!! like a good 30 or so...about 10 corrupters.

I saw a few of bcs around the map for the terrans. they used their tanks well. even unsieged them when i was too close, plenty of back up with marines and vikings even saw a thor in there at one point.

not sure how the toss did they got cleared out pretty early too by the other comps.

the ai's defended their outpost and from what i saw i didnt c any dancing like in the other ai's. so far i've tested out 5.5 and the goose v4 and i gotta say urs is by far the most complete.

kudos to the teams doing the 5.5 and v4, cant wait to see the new ai you guys got lined up. keep up the great work!!

sublime

Quote from: sublime on March 05, 2010, 10:40:13 PM
LETS GO...
HOKIES

you totally left me hanging
sorry I thought you meant you were going to play, haha.

I have released version 0.2 with a recoded expansion system to prevent the stupid early expand. I have begun work on the new AI state system but it won't be done tonight ;)

hahahobun

when i was about to say the gay expansion (5 expansions at the same time...)
you released a new version!
i see your hard work. and good job i enjoyed the AI.
when i was at high ground the AI gave some overlords immediately.
wow!

cloak123

Quote from: hahahobun on March 06, 2010, 12:12:14 AM
when i was about to say the gay expansion (5 expansions at the same time...)
you released a new version!
i see your hard work. and good job i enjoyed the AI.
when i was at high ground the AI gave some overlords immediately.
wow!

nice work. I like The new begining, Im yet to fully try your ai to its fullest extent but i will be giving you some feedback

Shameless bump for preview. Leaving town for a couple days; I will continue working on the AI and post update when I return.