StarCrack AI Official 6.0 Feedback Thread

Started by turdburgler, March 05, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunknfoo

Dramatic improvement from 5.5 and others. Played several games, managed to win 1v1 and 6player ffa with each race on the cheating ai version.

as mentioned above, i noticed sometimes 1 zerg ai would just collect resources, (probably a blizzard fault seeing how this was common in sc and bw)

Although I haven't noticed, does the AI actually upgrade their units? last few games i played they were 0/0/0.

klaretos

I just installed it and when starting a map I don't get any message. Is it working or the AI is Blizzards very easy one?

programm

is the Standard supposed to be Easy? Cause I owned him too easily... He was dead technically on the 15th minute. Just like previous versions they only build their weakest unit - mass zealots/zeglings + few ranged roaches/stalkers...  Complete domination.

p3taSan

I dont know what's wrong but this happened to me also. Check your base_sc2data file, i dont know why it keeps going back to the first version. You will know when starcracks 6.0 version works because the text when you start the game

flatounet

i re-install it ...

klaretos

maybe there is an incompatibility with the latest official patch? I still can't figure out why it doesn't work

sercul

Hm, i use standart version and played 3 games on dif maps, but every time ai had the same race as me... it was like TvT, ZvZ and then TvTvTvT  (( wtf?

R41n

cliffton

Getting so much better :)

Played one ZvT, no cheese.  I've seen people complain about no AA.  T did build a lot of turrets in my game.  It was in response to nothing, I never had air.  Also, if I had gone air, the turrets would have been too late.  At some (late) point, the AI just decided to start making some.  
Kept pressure on me, and expanded.  Never defended its expansions.  Also seemed a little low on production buildings.  
I got to see ultralisks vs thors though, that was fun :)

Skygrinder

Blood for the Blood God

GetInside

@ AI VERSION 6.0 :

I got a bug due to this new version, maybe im not the only one.. :/

-the Minimap is totally black that dont allows me to see my base and ennemies lol ^^ , could u fix it?

dantemp

Great job guys, I really enjoy playing versus 6.0. There is only one thing: Is it possible to make the AI react to the units I'm producing? It's kind a stupid for it to warp Immortals, when I'm mass producing Muta's...

Quote from: GetInside on March 06, 2010, 06:16:19 AM
@ AI VERSION 6.0 :

I got a bug due to this new version, maybe im not the only one.. :/

-the Minimap is totally black that dont allows me to see my base and ennemies lol ^^ , could u fix it?

This is not a bug, it's an option. I think the "Tab" button fixes this. If not, try to find the button, it's nearby the minimap.

GetInside

its ok, it works now, i dont know why i wasnt 1h ago ;p xD

bignamethefer

v6.0 is not as good as it sounded in the preview, but still better than v5.5, so good job, hope we'll see the next version soon.

NoNic2

Ok guys i registred just so I can post comment on V6.0 Starcrack

First i have to say when 5.5 was first lanched first day or two AI gave be some troubles but as my play advanced I could really easy win most of time except ZvZ which give me trouble, everything else preety easy just neeaded to defend first rush and then counter = win everytime.

Now I played 2 games of v6.0 normal and all I can say say is Turdburgler...you sexy M.F.  :)

First game was me Terran vs Protoss.

I was building tech and was wtf no eary rush 5 min ito game... then i send group of M&M + 2 helions but was raped by large group of Zealots. I was then ok i need to expand asap. Later just when i got expansion fully working super large army of Imortals,Stalkers, High Templar casting storms fully destroyed me. I was like wtf, ok next game i am serius.

It was Protoss vs Protoss

I went 1 base tech to Stargate, Mothership + Carriers as when scout comp was again apm like crazy and had preety large ground army. When he attacked it was like milion of Imortals + lots of stalkers but I had hard air and crushed his attack, he even build expansion on my natural lol I when distroyed 2 his expansions but when i went main whe prodused lots couple of carriers and distroyed my air units.

This v6.0 is seriusly bad ass. It will for sure greatly put pressure on my apm and macro as ai is preety scary this time

Incredible job developers.   8)