Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Crixomix

If you're dissapointed by this game, SHAME ON YOU!!!  >:(
This game is AMAZING.
here's why I have a problem with most of you "hatin" on the game. It was NOT supposed to be a revolutionary game. It was NOT supposed to change everything as we know it. They kept the same races, resource system, and general flow because it's AMAZING. Why do you think people STILL play Starcraft one all the time? Because it's amazing. "why fix what's not broken?" Like the new command and conquer 4 coming out? I won't play it. They changed everything. It's not even command and conquer any more... BIG changes aren't good for a game that people love, because all the diehard (read: most starcraft players) fans will be UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

Therefore, the fact that they gave graphics, UI, engine, units, and B.NET an overhaul makes this a dream come true. The only thing they KEPT from the original starcraft was the really important stuff. The things that made it great. Did you want them to take out siege tanks? Did you want them to add a new resource or something? You people whine and complain at what I see as perfection.

If you don't go OMG I'M SO EXITED I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO as soon as you play your first cracked beta game, you really don't deserve to play the game at all. The only fault I have with Blizzard is how LONG they have drug out this. They told us about said game in 2007... it's now 2010... But I understand they're just trying to make Bnet2.0 perfect, which I'm fine with. I'll wait another year if it means it's going to be perfect.

Also, for those complaining about balance. I have one question: Sir, are you an idiot? The BETA is to FIX all the ISSUES. So I don't see why you're complaining about something that will most likely be fixed... Now granted, someone needs to complain otherwise it won't get fixed. But that is the job of LEGITIMATE players who got the Beta keys and they send their feedback to Blizzard. I don't want to hear another QQ about roaches or I think I'll puke...

Blizzard has spent millions on this game to make it as good as possible for us, and they have done a perfect job.

P.S. The graphics are AMAZING. I don't know WTF you're expecting from it, but I couldn't ask for more. Even on low graphics it's utterly beautiful. The gameplay is perfect, they made it so great  :)

Skygrinder

The game is amazing, it has exceeded my expectations for the beta. It sure ain't perfect but Brood War needed 12 years to become what it its today, Starcraft 2 sure can't do that in 2 weeks ^^
Blood for the Blood God

Ceron

its bad they lowered the mineral intake from 8 to 5.

but that they lowered the gas intake from 8 to 4...

they added an extra gas to the bases and expansions, but in the end it is till the same amount you got from sc1.  you are forced to make 3 extra workers so you once again can have the 8 gas income like in sc1...

anyone care to explain how this is good in any way?

why no just go back to have one gas station that gives 8 gas...

i truly dont see what is so good about forcing players to pay 225 minerals extra(4 workers + 25) to get the same amount of gas you did in sc1?

Skygrinder

Prevents protoss to steal terran gas? ^_^

Or at least makes it harder.
Blood for the Blood God

blood_hound

guys this is still beta, lots of units and map hasn't come out yet, thou im somewhat quite dissapointed as well, some visual effects are just like 2D, there's no new added feature in the GUI, they just added details of the upgrades (and a cheap one too  :'(

e.g.
Marine
-General all Purpose Unit

can attack ground and air units
weak against - zealots blah blah)

they should've added that :(

at the same time there were imbalance all over the units tier.. but all in all, i support them since they gave off the best they've got for us :D i hope the full release would be a lot better than just the beta :D

the Humans are not EXTINCT!!!

Gamewiz

Quote from: Ceron on March 03, 2010, 05:43:15 AM
its bad they lowered the mineral intake from 8 to 5.

but that they lowered the gas intake from 8 to 4...

they added an extra gas to the bases and expansions, but in the end it is till the same amount you got from sc1.  you are forced to make 3 extra workers so you once again can have the 8 gas income like in sc1...

anyone care to explain how this is good in any way?

why no just go back to have one gas station that gives 8 gas...

i truly dont see what is so good about forcing players to pay 225 minerals extra(4 workers + 25) to get the same amount of gas you did in sc1?

Does it really matter? This isn't SC1. They are not trying to balance it according to SC1 units, or SC1 costs. They are balancing for SC2 units, SC2 costs, etc. If you manage your economy well, you have plenty of min/gas in this game.

ProoM

SC2 units costs same or more as SC1 did, you produce units faster or at the same rate as you did in sc1, but you gain 5mineral per probe/drone/scv. This really feels weird to me, not saying it's bad or good, but you have to change the whole attitude for economy management, which is pretty hard to do :}. Other than that, I don't really like surround AI (very glitchy and buggy) and not a fan of some collision AI. Everything apart that is pretty good :}.

P.s. muta stacking thing was taken out, so basically muta micro was taken out, I will miss it so much ;(.

Swarmling

This game is Perfect the way it is u guys need to stop bitching if u dont like it dont bitch at the game cause u got notthing better to do i dont wanna hear it about starcraft 2 cause all the people that really like this game knows this it going to be the all time Game of the year to play online pvp

i like how u get less gas and money now because u could tech really fast in starcraft broodwar and they changed it in starcraft 2 u cant tech as fast but u still can tech fast enough and it just makes the game more fun  i dont like a fast tech cause its fun when u have a battle with T1 units then get u tech up get some T2 units and upgs  then push again... seems like there trying to remove the hole idea of tech rushing cause it wont be so useful when u get less gas so u need more time which makes the game last

Gamewiz

Quote from: ProoM on March 03, 2010, 10:46:27 AM
SC2 units costs same or more as SC1 did, you produce units faster or at the same rate as you did in sc1, but you gain 5mineral per probe/drone/scv. This really feels weird to me, not saying it's bad or good, but you have to change the whole attitude for economy management, which is pretty hard to do :}. Other than that, I don't really like surround AI (very glitchy and buggy) and not a fan of some collision AI. Everything apart that is pretty good :}.

P.s. muta stacking thing was taken out, so basically muta micro was taken out, I will miss it so much ;(.

Sounds like you are a Zerg player. :) By "surround AI", do you mean like when zerglings try to surround a unit to attack it? I haven't really come across a problem with it. In fact the path-finding in general I think is 100x better than the pathfinding in SC1. Especially when it comes to groups, moving as groups, etc. No more stuck units in the middle... Thank GOD!!! :D

As to the economy, I can see how it would be harder for people who are transitioning straight from SC1 to SC2. For me, it's been a couple years since I played SC1, so I took to the changes of SC2 very well.

Kingdom

@Mineral and Gas concerns;

I'm pretty sure they are trying to strip SC2 from being a late-game building mass; Zerg has been rid of their need for several hatcheries by adding queens, and income vs unit quality/production speed has balanced out for the other races some. If you play an actual game, and pinch your resources the whole time, you'll notice it all comes together just fine. Also, if you work for more unique builds, you'll find the dual gas isn't always needed; i.e going heavy zeals and only needing gas for charge and weapon ups. You also start with 6 workers, that is 2 for gas, 4 for minerals, which balanced out the "extras" you'd of needed to make.

@'Surround AI'
You clearly just don't know how to micro at all, because unit surrounds work just the same in this as in SC1, in fact; lings can even surround a thor,  and rip it to shreds.

@blood_hound
If you took half a second in analyzing armor properties and weapon attacks, it clearly states what units counter what in the GUI; and far better than in SC1. i.e; Marauders do +10 damage to Armored, Immortals are armored. The Replay GUI is far more advanced, and we still have yet to see GUI's made by Galaxy Editor, and the Campaign. The visuals are CLEARLY in full 3d.. if you have any problem seeing this, try going on Ultra settings and changing the camera angles.

@People saying its perfect
Get it through your heads fanboys, it is far from perfect; learn to give and accept criticism. The whole goddamn point of a beta is criticism. You are fuckin useless if you are just going to cry its perfect and bash anyone trying to put an honest opinion up. There are plenty of units missing something, units that aren't currently in (lurkers were only TEMPORARILY removed) and if you've actually done a damn thing ASIDE from play versus AI, you'd have a world of different opinions. (Yes, I do share a key with my friend)

millenium

Hell yea, there must be balanced criticism with more thoughts and less Ctrl+A, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+A. ^^

MiCrOMaN1

I don't know WTF is wrong with all you people, but I love Starcraft 2! Probably get a better video card so atleast the graphics look nicer. Graphics do sometimes affect the gameplay..
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

MiCrOMaN1

Quote from: blood_hound on March 03, 2010, 07:19:41 AM
guys this is still beta, lots of units and map hasn't come out yet, thou im somewhat quite dissapointed as well, some visual effects are just like 2D, there's no new added feature in the GUI, they just added details of the upgrades (and a cheap one too  :'(

e.g.
Marine
-General all Purpose Unit

can attack ground and air units
weak against - zealots blah blah)

they should've added that :(

at the same time there were imbalance all over the units tier.. but all in all, i support them since they gave off the best they've got for us :D i hope the full release would be a lot better than just the beta :D
Its true. Watch this video: Starcraft: 7 years in 7 minutes
Oh Dam! Sorry for double post. Wasn't Concentrating, I thought I clicked the Modify Button.
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

Gr!mm

I was happy untill now.... patch 3.... the whole graphics CRAP....

Now... if they release the game like that it means i will now need to go out and spend my ass off updating my PC so it runs at ultra instead of high... I am not impressed.

cr8tvty

lol im dissapointed cuz im not playing it!