Starcraft 2 Protoss builds

Started by ramblerkid18, February 28, 2010, 03:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblerkid18

Hey, I'm just wondering what builds you guys use for protoss. I dominate w/ Terran but Protoss just seems to be ultra powerful late game. Discuss!

bnwdandy

PvP mess zealots can be very powerful, as I saw some replays that single base no gas build, and zealots only can be powerful.
PvZ you need some deference and fast tech build, also expand at beginning is considerable, fast tech for high templar, psi storm is very strong vs Zerg.
PvT zealots + stalker with charge and blink researched.

StarALaMod

Personally i've been teching to dt as quickly as i can after scouting a turtling, or noob base. otherwise stalkers zealots, or if they are going melee 2 sentry and mass stalker

koolitseric

Warp gates to prism was the most annoying thing I have ever seen with dark templers

Rain[sun]

3warp prism is my new fav strategy
I just make my hybrid mix of units then as im going to attack for the first time i pop them into warp's while making some more regulars

Sentrys are wayyyy undervalued, they make disgustingly good pairs with blinking or colossing cliffs, only takes 2 fields to cover a ramp

Once I can play against a human player im gonna fiddle with a sentry-stalker strat, im loving it so far agianst AI though
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

LoneWolf

I usually go for a wall-in first, with a gateway and cybernetic core, especially against zerg. I leave a small choke point, with 2-3 zealots defending it. Then I build robotics facility for immortals, templar archives and go for the 7 warp gate build. If I scout a lot of enemy air units early on, I go for forge+cannons instead of immortals.
Sentrys are great, I've seen people doing amazing micro with the force field, and guardian shields come in handy too.

zsum

Like i said in the terran build post.. it depends what your opponent does..scout as often as possible and keep your scouter alive..i love toss with the new chrono boosting..im playing the crack so its random races..so i get to practice with a lot of them..when playing a zerg if they 9 or 10 pool u should have time to build 3 zealots by the time he gets to ur base with an early harras ling rush..thats it you chrono boost right..like i said before its hard to practice one build against an AI but my basic build is 2 gate 3 to 4 zealots cybernetic core..stalkers one or 2 sentries and early push to harrass. if your playing terran scout and see if they have infantry like reapers marines ect from the barracks..stalkers should do the job..if they tech up to tanks start builing immortals because they own it.. thats all i have for now

ElvishSolution

In BW I would start with the standard 4 zeal to dragoon rush, after which I simply make whatever I need to counter the opponent.

SC2 I've been experimenting with mass stalkers to void ray / immortals (pump phoenix if you need AA).

Build order is really simple 10 probes > pylon/assimilator > gateway / 4 probes for gas > keep pumping probes non stop while you get cyber core and zeals (same as BW you want approximately 2 per mineral cluster) > second gateway > start stalker pumping > 2nd assimilator > robotics facility > expansion > stargate > immortals > phoenix

Bottom line is its all in the micro, 20 stalkers can take out 30 marauders if you blink and focus fire appropriately.
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

PreTenD

Zealots, Immortals, Stalkers, Sentry, after a bit of a mass, backup with a couple of colossus'
Good if you're keeping enemy scouted, its bad if they mass air as immortals are the backbone of the strategy, and they only hit ground. 
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

ESL|Dynasty

Quote from: bnwdandy on February 28, 2010, 04:25:40 PM
PvP mess zealots can be very powerful, as I saw some replays that single base no gas build, and zealots only can be powerful.
PvZ you need some deference and fast tech build, also expand at beginning is considerable, fast tech for high templar, psi storm is very strong vs Zerg.

Psi storm is crap in starcraft 2 unless you corner the oponent's army and block its exit since psi storm now seems to have a little cast delay. I suggest pairing up zealots with charge,stalkers and Colossus. They seem to pown zerg.

Crazed

1 Gate tech seems pretty good

From there you have 3 choices:
-stargate->void ray (auto win vs ai)
-robo->immortal (then move on to collossus, this is by far the strongest build)
-twighlight council->storm (storm is kinda weak, and u gotta remember to turn off charge on your zeals cuz they charge into your storm

kdronez

Protoss is the best so far :> not OP,but extreamly easy to play :>.I know that we play vs AI and all,but for me with protoss its easyer to beat AI then with other :>.Its just that chrono bust give you rly fast tech :> and its extreamly useful :>.
Tactic that win every time(vs AI that is xD ):
Zealots+Sentry=win(specialy vs terran :> )

TokeGaming

I think protoss is going to be a bit harder than in broodwar. Warp gates keep messing up my macro cycle because you build units SO fast that you need SO many more pylons and its obnoxious.

Ive been doing random builds, almost all 1 gate stalker transition into whatever. But its AI and unless your noob its pretty easy to make anything work. Gotta wait for multiplayer before you can really start discussing builds.

Rain[sun]

Quote from: TokeGaming on March 02, 2010, 03:28:59 PM
I think protoss is going to be a bit harder than in broodwar. Warp gates keep messing up my macro cycle because you build units SO fast that you need SO many more pylons and its obnoxious.

Ive been doing random builds, almost all 1 gate stalker transition into whatever. But its AI and unless your noob its pretty easy to make anything work. Gotta wait for multiplayer before you can really start discussing builds.

^this

Altho i was always kind of a douche on BW, Id do the strats that after a win I'd get messages like "WTF YOU NOOB L2P OMGGG YOU SUCK"
And I can already see some of those poppin up, have to test on humans but ive got the build orders down  :D
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Thane

Quote from: ESL|Dynasty on March 02, 2010, 02:58:06 AM
Quote from: bnwdandy on February 28, 2010, 04:25:40 PM

Psi storm is crap in starcraft 2 unless you corner the oponent's army and block its exit since psi storm now seems to have a little cast delay. I suggest pairing up zealots with charge,stalkers and Colossus. They seem to pown zerg.

What are you smoking? You just have to know how to use it. I notice no casting delay, and it works really well.

For one, have a Mothership drop a vortex, then launch X number of psi storms as it expires.

For another, just have the High Templars blanket an area with Psi Storms.

I love Psi Storm! It's not crap. :(