lag

Started by explicit, February 28, 2010, 08:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explicit

so i'm not sure if this has already been asked, but is the game supposed to be this slow? or is it just my comp specs?

i7 920 OC @ 3.87ghz
ATI radeon 4800 series
6 GB of ram (forgot what model but it was pricey)

i've tried lowering the settings and doesnt do much.
any help is appreciated.
and i'm very grateful that i can actually get to play it.
just the speed does kinda suck the fun from the game just a little.

Wufei

What graphics settings are you running at?  I have a Core 2 Duo laptop w/9600M GS and am running fine at high quality 1080p

explicit

Quote from: Wufei on February 28, 2010, 09:27:40 PM
What graphics settings are you running at?  I have a Core 2 Duo laptop w/9600M GS and am running fine at high quality 1080p

i've ran it from ultra and lowest settings and still does nothin.i can run AION at max settings and i'm pretty sure AION has better graphics than this game.

matrixn

this might be a bug.. or something. i have these specs:

• Intel Core2 Duo E6420 2.13GHz
  • Geil 2x2GB DDR2, 667MHz
  • GeForce X8600GT 256MB DDR3 128bit, PCI-E
  • Mainboard Intel DG965SS with latest bios updates
For me.. the games works fine with high quality and reflections on an 1680x1050 resolution.

PreTenD

I am quite sure you probably already have but go ahead and restart your pc. If that doesn't fix it, Run a virus scanner (possible key logger taking screen shots would slow you down quite a bit) Your Specs are better than mine and I can run it on High without a slip. Otherwise the last resort I could think of is, Re-install SC2.
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

explicit

Quote from: PreTenD on February 28, 2010, 10:15:22 PM
I am quite sure you probably already have but go ahead and restart your pc. If that doesn't fix it, Run a virus scanner (possible key logger taking screen shots would slow you down quite a bit) Your Specs are better than mine and I can run it on High without a slip. Otherwise the last resort I could think of is, Re-install SC2.

yeah i don't know what to say? i've tried everything what you all have said.the only thing i can come up with is are all installers the same? when i look at them they have different memory size.

itsarabbit

If its lag, I dont have an idea, my comp runs at ultra all(xept textures) without a problem.
If it's just slow, press + a couple of times in the beginning of the game.
Want Beta key! :D

explicit

Quote from: itsarabbit on February 28, 2010, 11:40:09 PM
If its lag, I dont have an idea, my comp runs at ultra all(xept textures) without a problem.
If it's just slow, press + a couple of times in the beginning of the game.

oh, well i didn't realize lag and slow are two different things.my apologies....i meant its slow.

dodongbadong

haha your spec is high.. maybe try setting up your game speed..

am first of all slow is different from lag. sometimes we interpret slow as lag since as we notice when playing our unit movements slows, when in fact we started playing it smoothly and fair.

i have this problem last night but since i changed my game speed setting to fastest its no longer lagging (i really mean lag. halting for few seconds then continue) and when you try microing your units running back and forth then shoot they shoot without delays.

you will encounter slow movement from your units since sometimes you miss press - which is shortcut for decreasing your game speed and turn it to slow speed and + for increasing. (- and + which is located upper part of your keyboard near P and {} [])
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

mithhunter55

On a slight change in topic any one else notice a 2-4 second hang after a screen shot. I get it not matter what graphics are set to.

Happy-I-am

Quote from: explicit on February 28, 2010, 08:58:33 PM
so i'm not sure if this has already been asked, but is the game supposed to be this slow? or is it just my comp specs?

i7 920 OC @ 3.87ghz
ATI radeon 4800 series
6 GB of ram (forgot what model but it was pricey)

i've tried lowering the settings and doesnt do much.
any help is appreciated.
and i'm very grateful that i can actually get to play it.
just the speed does kinda suck the fun from the game just a little.

From the looks of your specs i'd say the graphics card would be the only thing letting it down. But a 4800+ should run the game on max no problems.

Try updateing graphics card drivers etc.

Gamewiz

Here's a random question (as I made this same mistake a little while ago), does it run slow like it's slow responding (and choppy), or does the game feel like it's running in slow motion?

If it's running in slow motion, just up the game speed in the options menu when you are playing a game. :) I made that mistake, thinking, "what the heck is going on" then realized somehow the options turned my gamespeed to slow.

Gr!mm

Dude, have you tried turning up the game speed? lol

chetjan

try pressing ctrl+ a couple of times. Your rig is great so that shouldn't be a problem.

explicit

Quote from: Gr!mm on March 01, 2010, 03:41:41 PM
Dude, have you tried turning up the game speed? lol
i'm assuming everyones running out of ideas as to the gamespeed would be the last resort....funny cause thats the "first" thing i've tried since i remembered from the previous installments of starcraft. that was always the first thing i always did when playing it. sigh....i guess playing at this slowmotion speed is fine. :-[