Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

zumar

Everything is fine, but the speed is very big. 5 sec and your army is dead.

mithhunter55

Quote from: Crixomix on March 02, 2010, 10:12:50 PM
If you're dissapointed by this game, SHAME ON YOU!!!  >:(
This game is AMAZING.
here's why I have a problem with most of you "hatin" on the game. It was NOT supposed to be a revolutionary game. It was NOT supposed to change everything as we know it. They kept the same races, resource system, and general flow because it's AMAZING. Why do you think people STILL play Starcraft one all the time? Because it's amazing. "why fix what's not broken?" Like the new command and conquer 4 coming out? I won't play it. They changed everything. It's not even command and conquer any more... BIG changes aren't good for a game that people love, because all the diehard (read: most starcraft players) fans will be UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED.

Therefore, the fact that they gave graphics, UI, engine, units, and B.NET an overhaul makes this a dream come true. The only thing they KEPT from the original starcraft was the really important stuff. The things that made it great. Did you want them to take out siege tanks? Did you want them to add a new resource or something? You people whine and complain at what I see as perfection.

If you don't go OMG I'M SO EXITED I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO as soon as you play your first cracked beta game, you really don't deserve to play the game at all. The only fault I have with Blizzard is how LONG they have drug out this. They told us about said game in 2007... it's now 2010... But I understand they're just trying to make Bnet2.0 perfect, which I'm fine with. I'll wait another year if it means it's going to be perfect.

Also, for those complaining about balance. I have one question: Sir, are you an idiot? The BETA is to FIX all the ISSUES. So I don't see why you're complaining about something that will most likely be fixed... Now granted, someone needs to complain otherwise it won't get fixed. But that is the job of LEGITIMATE players who got the Beta keys and they send their feedback to Blizzard. I don't want to hear another QQ about roaches or I think I'll puke...

Blizzard has spent millions on this game to make it as good as possible for us, and they have done a perfect job.

P.S. The graphics are AMAZING. I don't know WTF you're expecting from it, but I couldn't ask for more. Even on low graphics it's utterly beautiful. The gameplay is perfect, they made it so great  :)
Amazingly well put, people minimizing the significance of changes are being ignorant. Ascetically this is starcraft 2; functionally this is starcraft 2! Kind of like chess and dragon chess? :-\ I am almost confused by what people seem to think a squeal needs to be.. like a typical movie? Amp it up to the max as it were!?
Quote from: MiCrOMaN1 on March 06, 2010, 04:24:59 PM

Its true. Watch this video: Starcraft: 7 years in 7 minutes
Oh Dam! Sorry for double post. Wasn't Concentrating, I thought I clicked the Modify Button.

kblood

I am dissapointed that Blizzard still wont add LAN. Really ruins the game for me. I cannot imagine going to a LAN party and everyone playing SC2 over Battle Net 2. If that ever happens, and it seems to actually work well, without network problems, etc. then everything else looks rather promising so far.
Time will tell though.Without the LAN part I wont be buying the game anytime soon, but playing around with the AI the gameplay still is nice. So nice I might actually have to ignore my principles and buy it anyway. But I really do not care about online play so I doubt I will. So far it actually got all I am looking for in SC2 except the Single Player part  :D

jenkinsdjtg

im only pissed off about no lan and some of the units.

Ceron

What's Wrong With Starcraft 2

go check at 2.50 and tell me that blizzard actully putted some effort in it?

lastchange

the only thing im disapointed about is that I DIDNT GET A BETA KEY.

RAGEEEEEEE

Gamewiz

Quote from: Ceron on March 07, 2010, 09:41:18 AM

That was the stupidest video I have ever seen... Seriously? This guy tried to find the absolute WORST quality videos of SC2 to try and make his point. All the things related to graphics, how much units stand out, etc., are all based upon that ass-quality video? That right there proves how much of an idiot he is, and how much he is stretching to try and make his point, which fails miserably.

Ceron

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 07, 2010, 11:06:18 AM

That was the stupidest video I have ever seen... Seriously? This guy tried to find the absolute WORST quality videos of SC2 to try and make his point. All the things related to graphics, how much units stand out, etc., are all based upon that ass-quality video? That right there proves how much of an idiot he is, and how much he is stretching to try and make his point, which fails miserably.

you kinda fail to read what i wrote, check 2.50, never told you to watch the whole stupid thing

greymanic

lol. you guys still going at it.  No point argueing dude. Some poeple just really want to fantasize about this game saving their souls or something and get all mixed up in the head if anyone says something realistic.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Ceron on March 07, 2010, 12:08:18 PM

you kinda fail to read what i wrote, check 2.50, never told you to watch the whole stupid thing

Sorry, wasn't sure what you meant by 2.50, as it's correctly written, 2:50, so I didn't know you were referring to a time.

I don't really see how that line makes sense though. Terrans can fly, so why have ground units? Same with zerg... Just because Protoss can fly doesn't make the colossus obsolete or something.

Greymanic, go away. No one likes you.

greymanic

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 07, 2010, 01:03:46 PM
Quote from: Ceron on March 07, 2010, 12:08:18 PM

Sorry, wasn't sure what you meant by 2.50, as it's correctly written, 2:50, so I didn't know you were referring to a time.

I don't really see how that line makes sense though. Terrans can fly, so why have ground units? Same with zerg... Just because Protoss can fly doesn't make the colossus obsolete or something.

Greymanic, go away. No one likes you.

/cry

PS still don't know how to read people's posts I see.

Tefuss

Some things i didnt see mentioned:
I have the lingering suspicion that if they stayed with a 2D engine they could have made the game similarly beautiful. More people would be able to buy and play it too :D

I really do not see enough advantages to the 3D engine (maybe something at the background canyons), and I think that as of now, the hardware requirement is ridiculously high considering what we get in return.
yadayada...

Single player is likely gona be awesome, if You do not mind such things as Raynor's battlecruisers warping away from low-orbit (and not from clear space) etc

cloak123

Quote from: Tefuss on March 07, 2010, 03:20:49 PM
Some things i didnt see mentioned:
I have the lingering suspicion that if they stayed with a 2D engine they could have made the game similarly beautiful. More people would be able to buy and play it too :D

I really do not see enough advantages to the 3D engine (maybe something at the background canyons), and I think that as of now, the hardware requirement is ridiculously high considering what we get in return.
yadayada...

Single player is likely gona be awesome, if You do not mind such things as Raynor's battlecruisers warping away from low-orbit (and not from clear space) etc

If you can custom build a computer its realistically cheap:P
also i love the 3d! the terrain is actually interactive (underground etc) and will have ability for first person mode. Watch the video on the editor in the galaxy editor section. lava even rises and lowers to destroy your expos etc if your not careful :)

one thing that does piss me off is the speed. i like the normal speed, allows good microing and you see the physics at its best. Sc1 was good at fastest because it felt right, i cant say the same for sc2.

Rain[sun]

jesus you guys really defend your biased positions don't you?

Everyones argument is valid to an extent, minus the people who say SC2 is the end-all-be-all of videogames; same can be said for those saying its complete garbage.

Id say its taken a perfect angle on 3D graphics, not making them as ugly as WC3 but not making it impossible to run on my laptop. I can play on a mix of low-med stats, runs smoothly. Most of the posts are irrelevant due to this being a beta; even that video of Why Sc2 is Bad is a failure, half the comments were zoomed in on shitty quality videos, and the majority of it was based on units/abilities that have been greatly modified since.

At the end of the day, nobody's opinion is more valid than the next, just enjoy it or don't.
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

mithhunter55

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 07, 2010, 04:09:55 PM
jesus you guys really defend your biased positions don't you?

Everyones argument is valid to an extent, minus the people who say SC2 is the end-all-be-all of videogames; same can be said for those saying its complete garbage.

Id say its taken a perfect angle on 3D graphics, not making them as ugly as WC3 but not making it impossible to run on my laptop. I can play on a mix of low-med stats, runs smoothly. Most of the posts are irrelevant due to this being a beta; even that video of Why Sc2 is Bad is a failure, half the comments were zoomed in on shitty quality videos, and the majority of it was based on units/abilities that have been greatly modified since.

At the end of the day, nobody's opinion is more valid than the next, just enjoy it or don't.

I just think that sc2 is heading in the right direction. The single player is looking like itll be more of a  fun  video game. Most of the time during the original campaigns i more bored then  pretending a  stick is a sword. I hated the limited unit missions(the style most  'modern' RTS games are going for.), usually I had to cheat either because I was bored or I didn't want to waste my time. I love the seemingly near perfect balance of modern Brood war. Maybe we need a better way to distinguish the style of games. I've made the comparison before to a strategy board game. in starcraft 2 it seems to actually be stepping more towards focusing on the game play. As in army management then actually telling each unit what to do.(i.e. the addition of auto mine) long story short more video game board game...better game? we shall see. Its quite clear its a different game and seems like its going to be great package.