[Starcraft II - Beta Launcher by Valkirie]

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillMasterCZ

Quote from: WaterCooled on March 10, 2010, 02:38:55 PM

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 10, 2010, 02:15:51 PM
And theres (only) 1 thing im missing - teams. It may be fun to play 2v2/3v3 and stuff. Try implement it in next release  ;)
:-[ :-[ :-[
Okay, I think we just should ignore them. Don't feed the troll.

Someone was asking about this already? o.O Than im sorry, just was too lazy to read all 62 pages =P

Still, could anyone help me with the "Unable to open map" problem? It happens to me with any "replay loader"...

Artanis186

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 10, 2010, 02:57:14 PM

And theres (only) 1 thing im missing - teams. It may be fun to play 2v2/3v3 and stuff. Try implement it in next release  ;)

Someone was asking about this already? o.O Than im sorry, just was too lazy to read all 62 pages =P

Still, could anyone help me with the "Unable to open map" problem? It happens to me with any "replay loader"...

Maybe they should add a BIG arrow pointing to the search box at the top right of the page, cuz apparently NOONE can find it.

KillMasterCZ

Quote from: Artanis186 on March 10, 2010, 03:35:45 PM

Maybe they should add a BIG arrow pointing to the search box at the top right of the page, cuz apparently NOONE can find it.

Lolol. I tried to put it in "search", but it found only my posts =/

Mikael

Quote from: KillMasterCZ on March 10, 2010, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: Artanis186 on March 10, 2010, 03:35:45 PM

Lolol. I tried to put it in "search", but it found only my posts =/

Have you tried this?
http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/starcraft-2-guide-bypassing-maps-replays-ai/

MadSheep

Quote from: Bt on March 10, 2010, 02:41:03 PM
Guys, it is obvious that he can't, not that he won't

He doesn't know how to yet and neither do a couple of others with nice launchers

Only ones who do are Starcrack and that Asian one and they aren't sharing, so you'll have to either look at butt ugly interfaces or nice interfaces with no teams

For now

starlauncer is open source

delastan

alright, so i downloaded the file but now i have no idea what to do. can some1 please explain to me how to make the launcher work?

Bt

Quote from: delastan on March 10, 2010, 05:06:21 PM
alright, so i downloaded the file but now i have no idea what to do. can some1 please explain to me how to make the launcher work?

You need to go away

Mikael

1: Unpack the rar file you downloaded.
2: Copy all files to the root of your Starcraft 2 installation folder.
3: Run "Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe" [Might need to right click and run as administrator].

On the first post in this thread there is a link to maps from sYk0 that works great.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Bt on March 10, 2010, 05:15:44 PM

You need to go away

He asked a simple question. No need to castrate him.

delastan

Quote from: Mikael on March 10, 2010, 05:20:35 PM
1: Unpack the rar file you downloaded.
2: Copy all files to the root of your Starcraft 2 installation folder.
3: Run "Starcraft II - Beta Launcher.exe" [Might need to right click and run as administrator].

On the first post in this thread there is a link to maps from sYk0 that works great.
Thank you thank you thank you ^.^

delastan

So, i have the launcher working on the point where i can pick my ai and such, but when i hit play, it says the program cant perform an action due to the security policy. and i do have the network thing that is required but i cant find how to set it so it has the Permission to run. Any help?

Gamewiz

Quote from: delastan on March 10, 2010, 06:19:42 PM
So, i have the launcher working on the point where i can pick my ai and such, but when i hit play, it says the program cant perform an action due to the security policy. and i do have the network thing that is required but i cant find how to set it so it has the Permission to run. Any help?

I assume you are running Vista or 7? Make sure to "Run as Administrator" the launcher. Also, try turning off the "Use Internet" feature.

delastan

Quote from: Gamewiz on March 10, 2010, 06:23:56 PM
Quote from: delastan on March 10, 2010, 06:19:42 PM

I assume you are running Vista or 7? Make sure to "Run as Administrator" the launcher. Also, try turning off the "Use Internet" feature.
i am using Wind. 7, but even after turning off Use internet and running as admin the problem persists ;[

Bt

Might want to go sit a beginners course in computing

krazzi

Got a question about replys. I can play my own replys fine with this launcher but any replays I download are unable to play, it starts up loading in the battlenet load up (Like in the official beta) and states;

"**Temp** One or more files which are needed to play this game are not available locally. They must be downloaded first"

And then it goes to the official battlenet log in screen. So is there a way I can get these temp files on the net? Or is it only from battlenet directly so I would be unable to play anyones replays apart from my own.

Thanks in advance