Problem with multiplayer

Started by radelrym, April 08, 2010, 11:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radelrym

Sorry if this has already been posted. I searched and couldn't find anything, but maybe I searched for the wrong thing.

I'm all fine and dandy playing 1v1 vs the AI. I love it, I can't complain. I downloaded the launcher which allows me to team up with an AI (StarLauncher), but when I attempt to start the game, no buildings spawn. It's just fog of war, everywhere. I can play using SC2Launcher, but only with certain mods. I'm thinking I may have messed up the Mods folder in the SC II Beta directory, but I don't know enough about computers to figure out the relationship.

Anyone have any help for me?

Greatly appreciated.

radelrym

To clarify, I'm asking which files need to be in my Mods folder, because I think I messed with it at some point and that's why it isn't loading correctly for me.

Roger911

Quote from: radelrym on April 08, 2010, 05:36:36 PM
To clarify, I'm asking which files need to be in my Mods folder, because I think I messed with it at some point and that's why it isn't loading correctly for me.

When in doubt, Re-install.

The issue could be from multiple reasons. Since you have been messing around with your files, you could not be making proper backups and/or not organizing it all efficiently.

Worst to worst scenario - re-download the sc2 beta client, re-install, re-update, re-crack, and play.

The answer to your initial question :

Core.sc2mod \ Backup.mpq(164,767kb), Base.mpq(63,272kb), Base.sc2assets(25,577kb), Base.sc2data(24,447kb), enus.sc2data(43kb), index.sc2locale(1kb)

Liberty.sc2mod \  Base.sc2assets(1,758,177kb), Base.sc2data(709kb), enus.sc2data(64,943kb), enus.sc2assets(118kb)

Libertymulti.sc2mod \ Base.sc2data(7kb), enus.sc2data(1kb)

These are all unmodified files, and are up to date with the 8th patch for the beta client (or is it 9th? what'd they nerf this time?!).