MAC 1v1 Random Autolauncher

Started by etherealG, June 18, 2010, 08:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etherealG

Hi Mac users.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yddvwwm3t5d

This is a little compilation I put together that will launch a 1v1 vs AI with a random map and random races for you and the AI. It's intended as a basic launcher for practice at 1v1 while we wait for beta phase 2.

I'm working on a selectable map/race/AI launcher like the windows ones, but until then this is just a quick start.

Please note: it has the AI and maps embedded, so it will work out the box, no other downloads needed. Also, it doesn't modify your SC2 Beta install at all. If you have OSX 10.5 (Leopard) or lower then you won't be able to use this, however you can download it and use the maps from inside the app with Mapcraft. Post a reply here if you need more guidance on how to do that.

The included AI: GreenTeaAI 0.49d.

Included maps: Blistering Sands, Desert Oasis, Lost Temple, Metalopolis, Steppes of War. I don't mind adding other maps on request :)

Credits: Thanks to ptanhkhoa and darka for such a great AI, it's really hard and fun for practice. Also a big thanks to Vernam7, without him I wouldn't have figured out how to make this app.

Cheers
etherealG

wren

Hi,
Thanks a ton for making this app!
I encountered an error when I tried to run it: "Map could not be loaded."  On my second try it worked.  Seems like some maps might not be fully functional.

Thanks again for letting mac users play during down time!  Looking forward to the next version.

cheers!

etherealG

thanks for the update, I'll try see if I can spot the problem. was the error from inside starcraft or before it launched?

Rdx

Thanks for making this, but is it only for 10.6? I have 10.5 and when I unzip it and try to open the application a window pops up that says the application is not compatible with my version of Mac OS X, even though the info window says its an Intel app

Vernam7

:thumbsup: you are welcome hehe

why dont you put and a screenshot to see what you are doing? 8)

goodluck with the selected race color etc in the future

etherealG

Quote from: Rdx on June 23, 2010, 04:26:29 PM
Thanks for making this, but is it only for 10.6? I have 10.5 and when I unzip it and try to open the application a window pops up that says the application is not compatible with my version of Mac OS X, even though the info window says its an Intel app

sorry to hear that, I'll try do my next build with a more compatible compile mode. I'm pretty sure the application *should* work in older mac versions since the code is extremely simple. I'll see what I can do. At the moment new AI's from green/dark tea are coming out almost every day, so rebuilding this just isn't practical. I'm having trouble getting the library for editing map files to work on mac too, so I can't get it to work without premaking the maps, which take aaages. Ah well, hopefully I'll get some time to fix it, or some more help from Vernam :)

rebus

Thanks again for the work you put into this. I tried running it in 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 without success. My file/folder paths seem to be fine... any ideas? I keep getting the message "You can't open this application because it's not supported on this type of Mac."

etherealG

Quote from: rebus on June 25, 2010, 04:16:46 AM
Thanks again for the work you put into this. I tried running it in 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 without success. My file/folder paths seem to be fine... any ideas? I keep getting the message "You can't open this application because it's not supported on this type of Mac."

I got the same error from another friend trying to use it, looks like it's compiled for 64bit only at the moment. I'm going to try recompile it this evening for 32 and 64 bit, with the new green+darktea AI and also for 10.5 and 10.6, hopefully that will cover everyone. I'll post here as soon as it's done :)

rebus

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for such a quick reply!

Rdx

awesome! looking forward to finally being able to play sc2 :)

etherealG

Hey Guys

This is a quick test release. Only 1 map, Metalopolis. I wanted to test the 10.5 and 32bit issues. Please give this a try and let me know if it works ok and I'll add in the rest of the maps.

This one has the new GreenTea 0.49 AI embedded.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mm4t1nkminz

Cheers
Eth

etherealG

Quote from: Vernam7 on June 23, 2010, 05:59:50 PM
why dont you put and a screenshot to see what you are doing?

Hey Vernam, can't do any screenshots for now cause it's an autolauncher. It just picks a random map and starts SC2 so there's nothing to screenshot :)

etherealG

ok, ignore that last one, it's broken! damnit :P this one should work now. still only 1 map, want to test it on 10.5 and 10.6 also on 32bit if possible. Let me know how you guys do please.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmy02nmnz1

Vernam7

why do you double compile it? x86 should be your only compile output because all x64 OS are fully compatible to x86 applications! at least windows are :P

i would be socked if Mac is that stupid to force people to use ALL x64 software in a x64 OS! :tease:

jcoleman

Quoteok, ignore that last one, it's broken! damnit :P this one should work now. still only 1 map, want to test it on 10.5 and 10.6 also on 32bit if possible. Let me know how you guys do please.
Runs great on 10.6.3, 27" iMac i7 (64-bit).  Looking forward to the selection of maps and AI difficulty...of course beta restarts soon... :)