[Starfriend] question

Started by Mehteh, July 05, 2011, 04:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehteh

Myst and Stubob, I have a question about Starfriend. I have been trying to get it to work but I have come across a problem. I make the server and went into the game lobby as "Father"....once I was there I made a 1v1 game against the AI and when I clicked "Start Game" nothing happened. Can I NOT play a 1v1 against the AI with Starfriend?

Or am I doing something wrong? I am running Win7 64-bit and the server says that I (Father) connected and in the lobby/room.

Also when I do get another person to play with me on their computer how do I get them to join in my server and in my lobby? Do they use the same username and password for the login? Do I have to change the IP in the config.ini file on the 2nd computer to the IP of the 1st computer? I'm confused because it seem like they would become "Father" also instead of "Mother". Plus do we have to use Tunngle or hamatchi even if we are on the same router/lan?

I'm just confused because the read-me really didn't tell you what to do when the 2nd computer wants to join the lobby that the 1st computer created as "Father"

Myst

stubob

The second person needs to make the config.ini 's IP to point to the server...

from what I have tested, you can't start a server without another person in it (I'm not sure if I did something wrong?)

AnonymousUser

it is sorry that i did not make the 1vsAI in the multi player mode so you can not play it only one player. but you can play single player mode to 1vsAI. and the multi player mode and single player mode is defferent so you will not feel lantency in the single player mode.

the second person should do what you do (not include running the server), and configure the IP in the config.ini, this IP means the ip of the PC running the MyServer.exe.

Same username and same password. First connected is father and the second is mother an so on.

if you are in the same network, there is no need to use other tool. it is also available if one of you can configure the firewall or router to make tcp 1119 stream to point to him ( and he runs the server). if both of you are behind a router and cannot configure the router, then you should use something like hamachi.