StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pleomax

Ye why not here? I dont wanna go to that shitty site + no changelog and its not working with the latest patch...why did you release this if it dosnt even work

turdburgler

Quote from: Pleomax on March 23, 2010, 05:14:37 PM
Ye why not here? I dont wanna go to that shitty site + no changelog and its not working with the latest patch...why did you release this if it dosnt even work

It does work dumbass. I play on bnet with the same install I'm testing it on  ::)

Ulysse31

Gc7

Kinda don't understand it. People are providing you(people who simple loves to complain about everything [not to misunderstand with constructive criticism]) with stuff that makes your life better( providing you with joy). They don't get paid for it, of course they are acknowledged for their work and guess they are proud of it themselves (otherwise who would do this in his free time?), but in the end you have no rights to claim for something.

DarkOne

Wow awesome.

I have this working with best SC2allin1 crack launcher.  I just deleted the medium_Base.SC2Data from the SC2Allin1 folder and replaced it with the one from StarCrack V7 (renaming it to medium_Base.SC2Data). I also put the galaxy file in the SC2 root directory as well.  All working perfectly.  Love the abillity to play 2vs2 with an AI ally.  All you devs rock!!

Thank you so much!

itsarabbit

OH.MY.GOD
Thank you so much!! I will leave critisism as soon as I have had a few games!
Want Beta key! :D

starcrafter64

I tried posting in your feedback forum on Nibbits, but replies are locked and the forums are giving errors.

Anyway. Great to see 7.0 is out.

7.0 Standard:
They still will not rebuild a killed command center at their expansion. They did however, create a planetary fortress in the middle of their base...

Keep up the good work.

zeeg

Forums issues at Nibbits are fixed -- was a quick hotfix I was pushing live for something :)
Got feedback regarding Nibbits.com? Look no further.

itsarabbit

Does not seem to work for me, not even with lazylaunch2, so I can't leave feedback right now :/

turdburgler

Quote7.0 Standard:
They still will not rebuild a killed command center at   their expansion. They did however, create a planetary fortress in the   middle of their base...

Hot damn, that's a massive bug that's been on SVN for ever, I thought somebody had fixed it.  :ticked:

QuoteDoes not seem to work for me, not even with lazylaunch2, so I can't   leave feedback right now :/

Extract the ENTIRE .rar to your StarCraft II directory.

itsarabbit

Sorry, was just about to say that I am an idiot that didn't put the galaxy file in the root directory :).

undeadnightorc

Played about 4 games, actually lost the first couple games. In one game the AI kept up the pressure after the first couple rushes and eventually wore me down. Another game I actually fell behind economically because the rush I was expecting never came; the AI expanded early and built up an army. My fault for not scouting ( a bad habit I picked up).

The AI still does some weird things like scout worker dancing in front of my base (where it stays in one spot just out of range of troops/defenses and keeps turning, unsure of where to go next). Zerg AI also built several queens to match the number of its hatcheries, but still kept them in one spot.

Still, great job on this version. I had to step up my game, which was nice. And the AI isn't simply using one opening strat (the fast rush). Also, the zerg rush isn't a measly handful of zerglines anymore, it will build up enough of a force to scare a defender (at least it did to me when I first saw it lol).

Thanks for the hard work! It really is appreciated!

DarkZeros

Turd for, releases put the AIdifficulty.galaxy also inside the Base.Sc2 file, that way if sm1 forgets about that file it will load the AI with the default config.

GodsMistake

Quote from: e2e on March 23, 2010, 06:27:23 PM
no change log?

Yeh, dammit. No changelog. And thats a GREAT decision. I was in for a surprise that way.
Totally blew my fucking mind. Install and SEE FOR YOURSELF what the HELL is going on! Haha! ;)

Played against Protoss just now and ... goddamn... sooo nice. Going air is still a good strategy against it, but I will probably never beat it in a ground battle EVER. Holy shit! So lovely. :)
The only strange thing I encountered was that his army seemed stuck with his cannon at his ramp (scrap station map). Im not sure, if he wanted to be additionally defended that way or if it was a bug. But that way I could eat up his main base from the sides, which turned the game around. Before that he almost wiped me out.
Very exciting game! It seriously begins to feel like a human opponent imho!
Thanks A BUNCH for the work you guys put into this. This made my day!  :cheers: