our prayers camed to an end... Almost

Started by Blackcode, February 26, 2010, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staghzout

Amen to that
nothing feels better than seeing your friend fleeing his last unit to the sight of your army :P

well it's just a matter of waiting, we already waited this long, a little more wouldn't kill :)

Go team go!!

Gamewiz

*starts singing* "I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!"

Blackcode

Sooner or later they will crack to a fully playable game... but remember to support blizzard too by Buying this game if u like it....

kewickviper

There's no doubt I'm going to buy this! Just can't wait to play it!!

Gamewiz

Quote from: Blackcode on February 26, 2010, 12:56:14 PM
Sooner or later they will crack to a fully playable game... but remember to support blizzard too by Buying this game if u like it....

Oh absolutely! I NEVER download a cracked game and then not buy it, if I like it of course. Many games just don't have demos or what-not, so I download a cracked version to try it out. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I delete the cracked version. I always want to support the gaming industry.

Keep in mind guys, that Blizzard is only having around a 3month beta testing period, and are planning to release the game sometime within the first half of this year (that's their exact words, not mine). So we won't have that long to wait anyways.

kewickviper

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 26, 2010, 12:59:02 PM

Oh absolutely! I NEVER download a cracked game and then not buy it, if I like it of course. Many games just don't have demos or what-not, so I download a cracked version to try it out. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I delete the cracked version. I always want to support the gaming industry.

Keep in mind guys, that Blizzard is only having around a 3month beta testing period, and are planning to release the game sometime within the first half of this year (that's their exact words, not mine). So we won't have that long to wait anyways.

Are you sure about that? I can still remember when it was slated for a 07/08 release. The earliest release date I've heard is June and I doubt it will be that early. Blizzard like to finish a game then mess around with it for 2-3 years before they think its suitable for release.

Gamewiz

Quote from: kewickviper on February 26, 2010, 01:03:02 PM
Quote from: Gamewiz on February 26, 2010, 12:59:02 PM

Are you sure about that? I can still remember when it was slated for a 07/08 release. The earliest release date I've heard is June and I doubt it will be that early. Blizzard like to finish a game then mess around with it for 2-3 years before they think its suitable for release.

Considering it's already in beta, the game is already this extremely polished (which is evident in all the videos, the forums, etc.) it's just a matter of balancing the game. In the latest Blizzcast, they've even said Beta is mostly just for balancing. Everything else is done. There is no way it wouldn't be released sometime this summer.

staghzout

I've seen some release dates on Gamestop (EB Games Canada, since i live in canada) and Bestbuy website... Already putted my deposit on it :)

can't wait for the release too.

kewickviper

I know, the game has been finished for a long time now I'd say at least a year. They have had the professionals playing on them for ages, helping with the balancing. The beta is of course just for balancing issues, but I think the main reason for the delay has been the net battle.net. They've completely re-written it from the old one to make it better and I think that's produced a lot of bugs for them to iron out over the last few years.

Blackcode

Quote from: kewickviper on February 26, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
I know, the game has been finished for a long time now I'd say at least a year. They have had the professionals playing on them for ages, helping with the balancing. The beta is of course just for balancing issues, but I think the main reason for the delay has been the net battle.net. They've completely re-written it from the old one to make it better and I think that's produced a lot of bugs for them to iron out over the last few years.

Not only balancing adding features too, campaigns...
It's very easy to prototype a game with a good team, but making it a good game it takes years... Trust me .. i had my trials of launching games too

greymanic

Right.  Obviously bnet is main reason why it's take so long since this is basically SC1 put on the old WC3 engine with better graphics and some new units.  Compared to any other blizzard sequel the level of innovation is miniscule.  This is exciting and all and it's still blizzard, just not the good 'ol blizzard.  Thanks for the new bnet that's basincally just about making your games harder to crack and gives them more ways to ask for money and virtually has nothing to do with making the game experience better. If I'm wrong, someone tell me what features in SC2 am I missing that makes it leaps and bounds over the previous?  And since we know bnet is the reason for the several-year-delay, what about bnet will make the player experience so much better than the old bnet?

Venom

True that. I remember when the beta was about to be released, Gamespot was mentioning how the game is "Well on track for a mid-2010 release as planned"...and Battle.net the main reason for the delay.

I'm not sure pros have been helping out with the balancing for ages, coz this new beta version brought some radical changes, and I was personally very surprised to see abilities go in and out (Protoss took a pretty big hit imho, what the hell are they doing to the mothership?:O).

Anyway, I'm off topic with that one. To the point, there's a definite mid-'10 planned release. Hopefully, on track.

Andrige

In Blizzcast 13, they said they were going to be disabling the coop vs. AI for the beta so that they could focus more on PvP.  I hope they leave the code there, so that we can get a crack.

chikopaws

can anyone please post the site that you guys talking about??

I cant find the link anywhere  :'(

if the crack has released, will it be posted in this thread??

I want to play the game so baaadd..

thx

Gamewiz

Quote from: Andrige on February 26, 2010, 01:37:23 PM
In Blizzcast 13, they said they were going to be disabling the coop vs. AI for the beta so that they could focus more on PvP.  I hope they leave the code there, so that we can get a crack.

Well in a sense it's there, because you can play against AI in the multiplayer section. Just create a custom game, then select AI as your enemy and start the game. So the AI is there, they just need to find a way to implement it in their hack.