Ghost AI 1.1f and Strategy AI 0.41 updated

Started by jason_born, March 21, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrykerry789

Quote from: Polshy on March 29, 2010, 05:16:08 PM
Protoss are vulnerable to air units on Strategy AI 0.22
My replay:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdmnybzenyx/Protossaistrategy.SC2Replay
I beat protoss whit only Warp rays, (and im so bad at this game...)

protoss were always weak against air compared to other races. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

Thalion

hi there; first time poster

i've searched the forum but couldn't find how to make cheating strategy ai to have 1.5x resource (or any other multiplier other than 2x) since 2x is near impossible for me. I use replaced Base.SC2Data with lazylaunch2. Thanks in advance.

Organized_Chaos

Has anyone been able to win PvT (you being Protoss)?  I think it's an almost impossible match-up because they almost immediately use ghosts with EMP and sniper shot before you have a chance to tech up to stronger units.  And IMO, stalkers are SO damn weak, even mixed in with a good amount of zealots, my army gets decimated early game.  wtf?

I usually manage to hold off the first few attacks, but for some reason, no matter how much I expand, I still seem to lose a lot of the time PvT.  Most games I lose with AT LEAST 3 bases and 10-12 gateways pumping units.   :-\

Organized_Chaos

Quote from: Thalion on April 01, 2010, 04:08:24 AM
hi there; first time poster

i've searched the forum but couldn't find how to make cheating strategy ai to have 1.5x resource (or any other multiplier other than 2x) since 2x is near impossible for me. I use replaced Base.SC2Data with lazylaunch2. Thanks in advance.

You must not be playing PvT  :-\   the semi-cheating with only vision and NO resource cheat is hard as hell...

berrykerry789

Quote from: Organized_Chaos on April 01, 2010, 06:19:44 AM
  Has anyone been able to win PvT (you being Protoss)?  I think it's an almost impossible match-up because they almost immediately use ghosts with EMP and sniper shot before you have a chance to tech up to stronger units.  And IMO, stalkers are SO damn weak, even mixed in with a good amount of zealots, my army gets decimated early game.  wtf?

I usually manage to hold off the first few attacks, but for some reason, no matter how much I expand, I still seem to lose a lot of the time PvT.  Most games I lose with AT LEAST 3 bases and 10-12 gateways pumping units.   :-\

really? i can beat all races with protoss... i tech up to colossus really quickly while pumping out immortals, stalkers and zealots.  by the time that they attack with the first wave of marines, i just micro my stalkers until a colussus or i have about 5 photon cannons and some units to fend of the marine rush.  once i get 1 colussus, i attack and always manage to kill terran. 
Carrier Has Arrived...

jason_born

Quote from: Thalion on April 01, 2010, 04:08:24 AM

The latest Strategy 0.22 cheating version is resource x1.6 in case you missed something.

Thalion

Quote from: jason_born on April 01, 2010, 08:55:58 AM
The latest Strategy 0.22 cheating version is resource x1.6 in case you missed something.
??? Damn i thought it was 2x. In that case i have to keep trying to beat it. Thanks for the info.

Kurt

This is a really good AI. Its expansive and reactive to each attack. You can be easily overwhelmed if you allow it to expand unchecked.

Only easy way i found to kill it is using the infamous "zerg rush". You always get it building without defenses.  :D

DaveLOL

Quote from: Kurt on April 02, 2010, 04:02:27 AM
This is a really good AI. Its expansive and reactive to each attack. You can be easily overwhelmed if you allow it to expand unchecked.

Only easy way i found to kill it is using the infamous "zerg rush". You always get it building without defenses.  :D

Kurt, have you played any other matchup and have you been able to beat them with what matchups adn how? I find it very tasking. But its true as zerg i can win relatively easy. Also there should be a stickied thread for strategy ai updates etc.

Kurt

Quote from: DaveLOL on April 02, 2010, 09:24:41 AM
Kurt, have you played any other matchup and have you been able to beat them with what matchups adn how? I find it very tasking. But its true as zerg i can win relatively easy. Also there should be a stickied thread for strategy ai updates etc.

It is very tasking for sure. I can defeat it without problems in normal and fast speeds. Main problem in fastest is its overwhelming production speed. My favorite map is 2 vs 2 Twilight Fortress where i can see how it builds while im playing. A fastest speed match like this usually ends up with our bases invaded by a Protoss Mothership, a bunch of Terran Thors or Zerg Ultralisks.   :D

DaveLOL

Quote from: Kurt on April 02, 2010, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: DaveLOL on April 02, 2010, 09:24:41 AM

It is very tasking for sure. I can defeat it without problems in normal and fast speeds. Main problem in fastest is its overwhelming production speed. My favorite map is 2 vs 2 Twilight Fortress where i can see how it builds while im playing. A fastest speed match like this usually ends up with our bases invaded by a Protoss Mothership, a bunch of Terran Thors or Zerg Ultralisks.   :D

Oh okay, so it isnt just me that gets owned. I should try fast or faster. I was getting owned by exactly that. Motherships etc. I beat the zerg once and teh terran once. But was luck and just timing. PVP was tougha s fuck. no matter what i did i would get owned by mothership armies...

klaretos

Question about strategy 0.22:

When I launch the easy version, which is by the way much smarter than starcrack7.0, I get a message that version 0.21 is loaded. On the cheating versions I get 0.22 loaded. Anyone else noticed that?

ev-

Y same here! was wondering if im playing .21 or .22 :s

ilmman

Quote from: klaretos on April 03, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
Question about strategy 0.22:

When I launch the easy version, which is by the way much smarter than starcrack7.0, I get a message that version 0.21 is loaded. On the cheating versions I get 0.22 loaded. Anyone else noticed that?

same here.. it happened until i updated the patch.