Do not check your email for your sc2 beta status

Started by cloak123, March 05, 2010, 02:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloak123

To prevent people from selling the keys you must now Check your battle.net account they will add the game for you.

Kazarus

Just checked mine, and no luck so far.  They need to get adding me.  I just can't see how they could overlook someone of my status.  I mean, I'm intelligent, handsome, charming, handsome, funny, and handsome.  Oh, and modest.

cloak123

Quote from: Kazarus on March 05, 2010, 02:20:10 PM
Just checked mine, and no luck so far.  They need to get adding me.  I just can't see how they could overlook someone of my status.  I mean, I'm intelligent, handsome, charming, handsome, funny, and handsome.  Oh, and modest.
lol. Well ive beta tested every game they have made legitly but this one, even went to all the blizzcons except this year due to work, Have all the games installed, High spec machine etc. and i have 4 accounts and no key for me either.

its all luck of the draw,I heard this opt was 50% for those who signed up and the other 50% selected were the Ign premium users etc who got access to keys

cyricc

Quote from: cloak123 on March 05, 2010, 02:24:39 PM
lol. Well ive beta tested every game they have made legitly but this one, even went to all the blizzcons except this year due to work, Have all the games installed, High spec machine etc. and i have 4 accounts and no key for me either.

its all luck of the draw,I heard this opt was 50% for those who signed up and the other 50% selected were the Ign premium users etc who got access to keys

I like how blizzard made a beta but I hate how they closed it off. Its almost like a different team of developers is handling the beta vs the retail game as blizzard normally wants people to mess around with their software as much as possible and having an open beta would be the fastest way to work out balance.

Gamewiz

Quote from: cloak123 on March 05, 2010, 02:24:39 PM

Oh yeah?!

I play every single game of Blizzard for at least 4 hours each per day since each game has released.

I've bought every item in the Blizzard store. Twice.

I've created the largest guilds in WoW.

I've personally banned 300,000 farmers in WoW by ganking them so hard their computers exploded.

David Kim's 9 losses are from me, and I don't even have a beta key yet.

I'm so good at SC1, I can spawn 4 larva from one hatchery.

When I create a hydralisk, it comes out a hunter-killer.

Lastly, I make people GG in any game once I tell them who I am.

Rain[sun]

I figure that low-spec machines will be picked more likely than high spec.
Why would they need a high spec machine tested? its obviously going to work
im assuming their aiming for middle end and/or laptops

thats my hope anyway, laptop ftw
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

Gamewiz

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 05, 2010, 02:53:44 PM
I figure that low-spec machines will be picked more likely than high spec.
Why would they need a high spec machine tested? its obviously going to work
im assuming their aiming for middle end and/or laptops

thats my hope anyway, laptop ftw

They are just testing machines... They are also needing to balance. In the latest blizzcast, they said the primary purpose of this beta is for balancing issues, NOT to test machines...

Sartor

cloak123

Quote from: Sartor on March 05, 2010, 03:30:18 PM
mines a laptop, and I got in today

yeah i have been reading alot of laptop users have got a key, And Some mid grade to low end machines lately. I believe they will Most likely send a new batch of keys for High end systems with the newly fixed Nvidea drivers when they come out,

Rain[sun]

If you notice, I didnt say they were picking based off machines, I said if they were to pick based off machines it would be the lower end and laptops that get em.
They only need a handful to test, hell they can probably do it themselves.
they need the thousands to do the balancing for them

Sartor

go oilers btw, i'm from edmonton too.

except the oilers suck ass this year.

cloak123

Quote from: Rain[sun] on March 05, 2010, 04:52:21 PM
If you notice, I didnt say they were picking based off machines, I said if they were to pick based off machines it would be the lower end and laptops that get em.
They only need a handful to test, hell they can probably do it themselves.
they need the thousands to do the balancing for them

They need alot more than a handful. They are having tons of problems if you read the sc2 beta forums. Its really hard to simultaneously test 1000's of machines which is neccessary to flood out the problems, becuase once its released it will be A great deal more people on, and have tons of more problems and getting them fixed now is what i bet their main goal is.

Rain[sun]

Geez people take shit literally on this forum.
Handful is relative to the amount in the beta. By no means are even half of the beta testers there based on their computer settings. Computer testing takes 3-5 games at most to cycle through quick low processing vs long high processsing games. Its a nice side effect that beta testers run into computer problems, but that literally would take 2 weeks of info to fix.
Balancing takes forever to fix, so the more testers = faster it goes.

And fuck yeah oilers. but yeah they do suck this year, good start getting rid of junk although they did just free up some mad cap-room and we got about 10~ draft picks for this summer, Fall for Hall and Seguin anyone?

greymanic

Talk about irony... I actually got accepted. HA!  I'll probably be playing with Kingdom who personally introduced me to info on starcraft 2's modding tools which I think look interesting.  At least they're giving modders the ability get creative and expand the game in ways blizzard didn't seem to have time for.

Much thanks to darkblizz for the information and hacks to get my feet wet in the interim.  Good luck to others waiting for acceptance.