Read here if you Want To know about changing the hotkeys

Started by cloak123, March 05, 2010, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloak123

Taken From the Starcraft 2 Beta froums:
This guide will explain how to setup custom keys for SC2. I plan to post files on web so that the files won't need to be extracted manually. I also plan to create a GUI that will allow users to edit the custom keys and generate the needed output files (just like the one I made for Warcraft III). These are the steps to creating custom keys for StarCraft II:

1. Download and install Ladik's MPQ Editor (http://www.zezula.net/mpq.html)
2. Open Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\enUS.SC2Data*
3. Extract LocalizedData\GameStrings.txt to Starcraft II Beta directory
4. Open Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data*
5. Extract GameData\UnitData.xml

* Note: Make sure to close the data files or open in read-only mode when running SC2

The GameStrings.txt is for hotkeys and UnitData.xml file is for button positions. You can edit these files as needed for use on battle.net. (Note: The GameStrings.txt will work in the root directory but the UnitData.xml must be in the GameData direcotry.)

For example, in GameStrings.txt there are lines such as:
Button/Hotkey/Attack=A
You can change any of the Button/Hotkey/... lines to modify hotkeys such as:
Button/Hotkey/Attack=Z

For button positions, look for lines containing LayoutButtons:
<LayoutButtons Face="MovePatrol" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="move,Patrol" Row="0" Column="3"/>
You can move the patrol down 2 rows by changing the row that it is in:
<LayoutButtons Face="MovePatrol" Type="AbilCmd" AbilCmd="move,Patrol" Row="2" Column="3"/>

Theta][Sigma

Hah.  And Blizz said that SC2 wouldn't have customizable keybinds.

Can't wait for that GUI.  This combined with a G15 would make things so much easier.

bassMD

Quote from: Theta][Sigma on March 05, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
Hah.  And Blizz said that SC2 wouldn't have customizable keybinds.

That would be kind of unfair, because US and EU versions have different hotkeys by default.

cloak123

OverSky

Just spent 3 hours changing almost every zerg hotkey and position.

Had it working perfectly in custom but when I tried to ladder I crashed during game load.

In short, this doesn't work for online play :(