Goosie's AI mod (discontinued)

Started by goosie, March 01, 2010, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owin

Version 4:

I went speedlings off 1 base/queen, don't think I was ever scouted or scanned (I don't even remember denying any scvs). The computer went marine/marauder and viking (Oh, also a thor that he didn't move out with). He moved out shortly after expanding. I lost about a third of my lings and then just completely destroyed his base.

I would like to see the computer use the vikings to harass my overlords, scout, etc. I think the main problem here was that the computer had no idea that I was just massing lings. If it did know, I would like it to get hellions/siege tanks/banshees, and maybe turtle if it knows it's at a disadvantage.

I'd like to see what it does against mass siege tanks or mass whatever-the-new-dragoons-are-called.

Thank you for your time and effort. If you find this sort of feedback useful, let me know.

Servitor

Does this AI do away with the ridiculous "enemy units run back and forth for the duration of the entire game strategy"?

I know the idea is to make the AI challenging, but preferably not busy work.

Yes it's challenging to try to deal with the enemy's army constantly running back and forth to your base to try to draw your units out. No, a not-retarded player would never do this as you'd never be able to do anything with your base. You would have to spend the entire game bouncing back and forth trying to draw out your opponent because you couldn't think of a better strategy. I like games that are fun, I already work 40 hours a week. That's just more busy work. :-[

th15

Servitor: No the AI doesn't do that. When it attacks, it attacks until it's convinced that it's failed, then it just retreats. At least it doesn't dither on the same spot within range of your units.

I poked the script to make it cheat, it was a wee bit weaker than cheating Starcrack 5.5, both AIs have a vulnerability of getting BCs kited and killed by Valkyries.

RoarMan

This is a pretty good Ai considering 5.5. It seems to transition nicely Early-Mid-Late. One complaint is (And I see you already have acknowledged it) is early game, especially defending against rushes. Also, it seemed to send out 2 or 3 Battle Cruisers at a time, only to get destroyed by my AA. Other than that, great Ai and good work.
The Love Machine.

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

short points:

terran didnt lift off expos when clearly being attacked

zerg continus rebuilding queen no matter how many times it dies. You should make it stop after 2 or 3 and rebuild when they are more secure in their base.

zerg needs to macro more

I'll add more if I notice them

HardHardy

Pulas

Hey!
I just played a game against your ai, after numerous V5.5 matches. I have to say yours is a LOT better imho. I almost broke out in tears of joy when i saw my mass marines obliterated by some psi storms!
The ai really does not limbo as much as it used to, it retreats when it needs to.
But.
I dont know if its possible, but can you make the AI remember what the opponents have? It seems to me, that it attacks, fails, retreats to the base, and starts attacking again, even if it still has inferior forces.
Toss seemed the strongest to me, cast storms, made colossi, and a nice mix of stalkers and zealots. I am yet to play against a terran. The zerg seemed to get stuck in the low tech part. I saw corruptors, always flying in pairs, never more, and although lots of banelings and roaches, nothing above. Some hidras and ultras would be really nice! I intentionally gave the ai enough time to make whatever it wanted. No brood lords, carriers, phoenixes, infestors, hydras, ultras. 
I am really impressed with your work, so keep it up!
GG
Pulas

goosie

Just a small update, sorry it's taking so long, but just like turdburgler i am in the process of rewriting a lot of original code.

I really wish blizzard gave us more to work with :( But I guess we're not supposed to be "beta testing" galaxy editor yet :>

Nesreca

No worries, Goosie. I highly doubt Galaxy will be leaked before the retail release of SC2. It will probably be closely guarded by Blizzard. :(

Thank you for all your hard work!

deeptii

this has a bit better unit combinations than 5.5, but i still beat it easily.... keep it up~~

[mrn]

Damn you and your AI, I just keep loosing to it  :-\ I'm used to StarCrack 5.5 being a total dumbo, and after playing 2 matches of Goosie's AI v4 I must say that you've done really good job here :D This is really challenging, at least now in the beginning. Let's see it again when I learn the importance of defence xP

goosie

Alright, looking over scripts in latest starcrack 6.0 it appears that the team is implementing pretty much everything I was working on. Don't have the time atm to be able to keep up with a dedicated team of devs :P Instead I'm going to poke around their scripts some more and see if I can suggest some minor improvements or whatnot. Might wanna unsticky the thread since I want be able to keep my AI up to par anymore.

Artanis186

Quote from: goosie on March 06, 2010, 02:03:56 AM
Alright, looking over scripts in latest starcrack 6.0 it appears that the team is implementing pretty much everything I was working on. Don't have the time atm to be able to keep up with a dedicated team of devs :P Instead I'm going to poke around their scripts some more and see if I can suggest some minor improvements or whatnot. Might wanna unsticky the thread since I want be able to keep my AI up to par anymore.

It was a nice run. Good job for the hours of entertainment I'm certain you granted some people.

godspiral

I liked the tech builds and unit mix in this one.  6.0 forces me to be aggressive/turtle up a lot of units, so this is a nice variety of playstyle.

turdburgler

Quote from: goosie on March 06, 2010, 02:03:56 AM

Well, we're not really a dedicated team of devs. There's three of us working on the AI and I do a good deal of the work, one guy plays with build orders sometimes and the other works on more technical stuff.

You're welcome to use our code and modify it to continue your AI, as long as we're credited.

Unsticking the thread as per request.

EDIT: In fact, you're welcome to join us. Just throw me a PM.