StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodcrave

i installed patch 4 too, but when i tried using AI 6.0 i still have the notifications

so it's definitely the 6.1 that has some kind of a problem, even the readme file inside the rar mentions not having the notifications for some hacked maps

omerbenamram

you would get a notification if youd use lazylaunch2.. I think something with beta launcher is .21 is causing the notifications not to show..

bullet_magnet

Bloodcrave

yeah i tried using lazylaunch2 and didn't get the notice too

Maxp123

Hey guys im new to SC but im beating version 6.0 and 6.1 90% of the time in 1v1 I usually win early what Level league(copper silver etc) do you think that would place me in. I know it might be hard to rate based on AI games but im interested

bullet_magnet

Its the maps to blame for the "no notification". On (2) - Twilight Fortress I get no notification whereas on metalopolis I do.

Lenor

Quote from: Maxp123 on March 08, 2010, 01:58:26 AM
Hey guys im new to SC but im beating version 6.0 and 6.1 90% of the time in 1v1 I usually win early what Level league(copper silver etc) do you think that would place me in. I know it might be hard to rate based on AI games but im interested
Most people get in silver,therefor this is your best bet

HardHardy

e2e

here is some idea on how the attacking strategy which i wish to be implement in AI:

1. all unit can use air vehicle to attack enermy other than land unit
2. the heavy air unit such as carrier and battlecruser will be produce more (>7 unit) in assulting or atking enermy based.
3. roach is produce to assult enermy through moving on borrowed...
4. mutalisk will be mass produce since is use to counter heavy air unit that build by player...
5. low cost unit such as marine, zealos and zergling will be mass produce to cover air unit while air unit start to attacking enermy base
6. ghost will use nueckles to damage enermy creeps or building that cause losses on structure and creeps.
7. siege tank will heavily use on defence base rather than attack because wider range atk. Same apply to Immortal for heavy defend unit (But may use on attack as well) and hydralisk + zergling (fast atk spd + high dmg, but both on borrowed situation, only unborrowed when there is enermy attack.)

Bloodcrave

didn't get any notices on metalopolis too, both the 2 player and the 4 player versions of metalopolis

Nakeddan

This is one alot better than all the verisons before I still am waitting to see the AI Reaper Rush someone's workers

Bobsaggot69

Let me preface this by saying I am very appreciative of your work and enjoy it immensely.

My experience thus far has been that the standard edition is way too easy for me. And for the most part the cheating version doesn't put up much of a fight either. However there is one exception to this rule involving the cheating version.

I absolutely cannot win a PvP game with the cheating AI. They rush so incredibly hard with zealots every time that it really just cannot be stopped. Due to the fact they have so much resources it's really impossible to stop them unless you wall your self in with cannons. Doing so puts you at a huge disadvantage and they usually have so many units by the time you get carriers or dark templars(try and strangle their resources) that there is just no chance of winning. Even using other races it's still quite difficult and I haven't really beaten them too often. Zerg is my most common race to beat them with because you can trick the AI into countering you a certain way. If you get enough roaches at the beginning of the game they're going to get multiple colossi and immortals. If you switch to hydras and infesters(to take over colossi) then you'll have a shot at winning. Terran I have won by getting a whole lot of marines, medivacs and a couple battle ships. Or if you can get them to rush you while blocking off and counter really fast you have a shot. But for the most part they seem pretty impossible to beat with the amount of units they can just pump out.

For some reason every other race is really easily beaten even with the cheating AI, but I just don't see how the protoss can be stopped with the huge resource gain and that caliber of rushing. You have to remain on the defensive for such a long period of time that you just get behind.

Has anyone figured out any good strats against the Protoss(the cheating AI of course).

A good stalker rush can stop the zealots if you micro correctly and zap the zealots, but then there will be 10 immortals in your base a minute later.

turdburgler

Quote from: chikopaws on March 08, 2010, 12:12:03 AM
how can I know I've selected v6.1 with 0.21 if I didnt get any notification when start a game??

This is something to do with the new launchers. If you want to be sure you're playing StarCrack AI, install it manually and use the StarCrack launcher.

cliffton

Quote from: farishawk88 on March 08, 2010, 12:37:45 AM
most of the army followed around this lone medivac i had left behind even tho it had no air attacking units. main issues i see are:

IMPORTANT-make it so groundattack only/airattack only units leave units they cant attack alone instead of follow them around pointlessly.
Good point.  In ZvZ my scouting overlord was shadowed by a bunch of AI lings (until a queen chased it off).  Ground attack only units shouldn't be paying that much attention to air.

programm

Quote from: cloak123 on March 07, 2010, 04:31:50 PM
Quote from: programm on March 07, 2010, 04:25:13 PM
As I said, sTANDArd is too easy and Cheating not beatable... as in you may win 1 out of 20 games, too imba and not a training for players cause of double resources.

But what the poster above offered is great. I find FFAs boring, Ive played 1v1 2v2 only. If you can make a 2v2 - that will be great, think about making it.

get the starlauncher in the sc2 utilities section and you can 2v2 now. 3v3 does not work though so stick with 2v2

Can Valkyries GUI + the launcher make it play 2v2?