Hardest AI?

Started by Whitefang, March 06, 2010, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man7a

godspiral, +1
and i agree with Organized_Chaos, strategy AI will kill you if you under estimate them, unlike cheating x2 resource ai ( which is just a huge army that comes to your base with counters to your units and as soon as you can fend it off you can go kill their base ) where this one will attack your probes with w/e while your fighting a battle.

They only cheat in the sense of map vision on, but other than that, its normal resources for them too.

Manta

RagingPolarBear

Yeah, strategy AI thus far has been the best for all 3 races. Ghost AI is a very good terran-only AI.

Starcrack 6.1, cheating or otherwise is really easy. I mean I beat the cheating version just by powering through it. It's really pretty weak.

Thus far zerg always seems to be the hardest race to AI effectively. Every zerg AI seems to just suck.

klaretos

Ragingpolarbear, you are spot on. I don't know though for terran which is better, Strategy 0.2 or Ghost 0.9?

Man7a

Right.. i have come to rate each none resource cheating AI i played as follows..

Easy - StarCrack_7.0_Easy

Normal - StarCrack_7.0_Standard

Hard - Strategy_AI_0.2Ghost AI 0.8-Only Against Terran

For me fighting against cheating AI no longer allows you to test strats that would work against human players because of the faster production of units. some rush strats yes but overall, does not play off well and aint so much fun.

Manta

Organized_Chaos

Yeah I'm continuing to have very challenging games 1v1 against the strategy AI...and a few games where I was slacking, it actually BEAT me.  ??? I don't underestimate it anymore! lol

I have no idea how the hell they coded it that well, but it's amazing for a non-resource cheating AI.  It was coded by a Chinese modder, right? 

Either way, leaps and bounds above the rest... I wish I knew exactly who coded it so I could congratulate them.

isoku

Wow. I just have to say Strategy AI is amazing. Very good work.

contris

strategy AI 0.21 is better then ghost ai 1.1(aiur ai 1.20 protos is equal to strategy ai 0.21 protos). starcrack v7.0 ai is the worst

lurked

For now it really is the Strategy AI 0.21 that is the hardest one.

I've won easily against both StarCrack 7.0 standard and Cheating, I even increased the amount of ressources for 7.0 cheating, and I'm still beating it without too much efforts.

But I've downloaded Strategy AI 0.21 this week, and I simply can,t beat the cheating version. The units aren't extremely smarter, but it's using its double ressources really well, and I simply can't seem to be able to beat it for now.

StubbornRock

Try Strategy AI if you want a challenge. It is the best AI I have seen so far. I used to play starcrack 6.1.1 and 7.0 like most people did, but the strategy AI in my opinion is WAY better. The AI understand eco harass well(especially terran) and know what and when to switch units when the attack is not working.
I think this AI really needs more attention, I felt it is a pity that only few people are using this amazing AI.

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/ai-scripts/amazing-ai-!!-(try-it-out)/
Because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence.