Starcraft 2 Beta Crashes After Blackout!

Started by mysticalmage13, March 10, 2010, 09:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticalmage13

Anybody experiencing this? Currently in my area, we are experiencing daily blackouts. The blackout would often occur while I am watching replays of a game. When the electricity eventually comes back, I would start Starcraft 2 normally; it would then be stuck about 4/5 of the way through loading, it will not load and crashes to my desktop without any error message of sorts.  ???  This would always happen after a blackout and I start Starcraft 2.

Previously, I would reinstall Starcraft 2, wait for it to update to the latest version, put in the maps, the launcher, the a.i. and all. Of course after all that it would work flawlessly. But right now I am growing tired of going through that process after each and every blackout, it takes a really long time to update and right now i can't really stand to wait as i'm really eager to play and try something out. Does anybody have an idea on how i could get it running without having to go through all the trouble of reinstalling it?

joe_razorbak

I've got the same problem!!! But I didn't know it was because of blackouts

mysticalmage13

For me, it happens every time a blackout occurs while i'm running Starcraft 2. Other than that the game works perfectly fine if i just manage to exit the game before a blackout occurs.

Ceron

unfortunately, not everyone gets a warning that a unexpected blackout is about to happened.

Gamewiz

Not sure what to tell you. Sounds like you are just having some bad luck. Either wait until the blackouts are done, or keep reinstalling SC2 every time. *shrug* Looks like SC2 beta doesn't like to crash like that unexpectedly. Not to mention the fact that that's not good for your computer anyways. If you are having blackouts that often, I'd recommend you refrain from using your computer anyways.

mysticalmage13

coolflip

I have the same problem, i think its some temp file that is used while playing, but when your computer suddenly shuts off, it keeps the file, screwing up the rest. After my comp crashed it has been doing this, just gota find the temp file and delete it, ill post back here if i find whats causing it.

gg.sc2

Try deleting your Battle.net folder in AppData > Local > Blizzard Entertainment. Restart the beta and it will create a new Battle.net folder there. Make sure you back up your Cache though.

Xenoris

this also happens if u decide to quit SC2 by ending the process to fi it i had to use system restore.

cloak123

Quote from: mysticalmage13 on March 10, 2010, 09:21:53 AM
Anybody experiencing this? Currently in my area, we are experiencing daily blackouts. The blackout would often occur while I am watching replays of a game. When the electricity eventually comes back, I would start Starcraft 2 normally; it would then be stuck about 4/5 of the way through loading, it will not load and crashes to my desktop without any error message of sorts.  ???  This would always happen after a blackout and I start Starcraft 2.

Previously, I would reinstall Starcraft 2, wait for it to update to the latest version, put in the maps, the launcher, the a.i. and all. Of course after all that it would work flawlessly. But right now I am growing tired of going through that process after each and every blackout, it takes a really long time to update and right now i can't really stand to wait as i'm really eager to play and try something out. Does anybody have an idea on how i could get it running without having to go through all the trouble of reinstalling it?

i bet the blackout had caused some of your Settings to reset somewhere, happened to my bios settings once. Thats why they say always properly shut down your comp, but i know you cant help it :P  But if i were you id get a backup power supply to keep it from ruining your computer.

mysticalmage13

Quote from: gg.sc2 on March 11, 2010, 12:20:57 AM
Try deleting your Battle.net folder in AppData > Local > Blizzard Entertainment. Restart the beta and it will create a new Battle.net folder there. Make sure you back up your Cache though.

I'll try this, if it ever happens again. But perhaps, as soon as i get some cash, i might be buying a backup power supply.  :)